Khadas Tone2 Pro: Mini Desktop DAC with built-in Headphone Amplifier
Jan 19, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #91 of 245
There is not enough power to power the T2P. When I connect it to Mate 40 Pro, there is enough power to power the T2P but sound came out of the phone speaker instead
You might need setup your phone and enable the output from USB output.

Is there any particular adapter or lps that you can recommend?
We will suggest LPS to ensure good sound, or any USBC adapter will work in functionality. And I personally use Apple 20W USBC adapter.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #92 of 245
Hi @captblaze
Glad to know you've got your T2P on hand and seems that you are the 1st one post on the public :)

T2P with ~500mA / 5V power consumption and maximum at 620mA while playing PCM 768 songs, so your Android Phone or PC can drive T2P directly and any 5W power supply will work.

We not suggest to use a phone charging adapter as many phone charger is quite noisey and it will not help for the sound(help for the battery life of your phone).

Have fun!

Useful links:
Tone2 Pro User Manual: https://dl.khadas.com/products/tone2/manual/tone2pro_user_manual.pdf
Tone2 Pro Specs: https://dl.khadas.com/products/tone2/specs/Khadas_Tone2_Pro_Specs.pdf
Tone2 Pro FAQ: https://www.khadas.com/tone2pro-faq

I wish I had my order in my hand, but alas it hasn't shipped yet. I am patiently waiting the next batch release in hopes my order has made it to shipping. My questions are to have things ready for the day I do receive my Tone2 Pro

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #94 of 245
I am very puzzled with using the volume knob for it's different functions. Felt that it's not very intuitive. I guess I might sell it unless someone knows of a video tutorial which I can see. 😥

How does it sound so far if you don't mind me asking? Anything to compare it to?

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #96 of 245
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #98 of 245
But in the manual Gain is double push. But there are a a number of double push options there.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #100 of 245
I am very puzzled with using the volume knob for it's different functions. Felt that it's not very intuitive. I guess I might sell it unless someone knows of a video tutorial which I can see. 😥
It's pretty simple guys but yes, it's unintuitive at first. The LED patterns indicate the modes/functions so you have to refer to the manual for that. Cycling via pushing downwards twice on top of the wheel itself (not surface) indicated by mild clicks. Then turning the wheel adjusts the levels.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #101 of 245
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #102 of 245
@KHADAS
DAC output impedance is 200k ohms balanced, 100k ohms SE. It is much higher than the input impedance of, say, the Drop THX 789, which is 50k ohms. Will this not have a negative effect, like a voltage divider?

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #104 of 245
Received today..

I can't hear the DSD files , the color is correct, but I can't hear anything, not on Roon, not on Audirvana
How to fix it? .. if it doesn't work, I'll have to return it

I use Mac os Big Sur.
I've never had a problem with Dac ..
DSD Over PCM 1.0

Let me know,pls

Best regards

Sisco

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #105 of 245
We will suggest LPS to ensure good sound, or any USBC adapter will work in functionality. And I personally use Apple 20W USBC adapter.
Do you happen to know if Anker chargers also work well? For charging purposes, they're usually regarded as more premium and higher quality than Apple chargers. I'm not sure if the same applies to audio performance though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back