Khadas Tone Board DAC = WOW!
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #136 of 192
sorry, i'm out of ideas

the only further test is to see if it sends signal over the coaxial connection, when powered via the usb

and then to try it on a different computer

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #139 of 192
ah, that's really sad man

because the sound is angelic
SDC11309.JPG

Had to confirm it for myself. I love this thing.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #141 of 192
Hi guys
I have ordered the KTB and am looking forward to trying it.
Is there any advice on which input to prefer - USB or Coax, or does it not matter ?

Regards.

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #144 of 192
Anyone else have USB connection issues where if you touch/move the cable even a tiny bit (slightly moving the tone board) the audio cuts out, requiring a disconnect/reconnect of the cable?

first i'd try a different usb port on the source if that's possible (that worked for me)

if no joy, i would try a different cable, as that's a simple trouble shooting process

and finally, allow windoze10 to update the driver, because allegedly that's better than the one supplied - and i'm not sure that's why mine works consistently now, because i did both the port change and the upgrade (windoze made that happen) at around the same time, and no more troubles

thereafter i'd be cursing the dac :wink:

in the threads it is alleged that usb for signal is "better" as it allows the khadas to fix jitter, but i am by no means techie enough to know if that is a true statement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back