Keyboards?
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #151 of 235

Quote:
Had a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard that I replaced with a Logitech G19. The X6 wouldn't register enough key presses at once while I was typing and it was driving me crazy. Hope to try out a mechanical keyboard someday.

That's funny, I use the G110 but used to have the Sidewinder X4. It is the other way for me. The Sidewinder X4 registers every key press whereas my G110 sometimes "ignores" my presses.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #152 of 235

Quote:
That's funny, I use the G110 but used to have the Sidewinder X4. It is the other way for me. The Sidewinder X4 registers every key press whereas my G110 sometimes "ignores" my presses.

Yeah, I did read that the X4 has better n-key rollover than the X6 but it didn't feel right "upgrading" from the X6 to an X4 so I went a completely different route. I also gave the sidewinder to my dad but he only types like 10 words per minute so he wouldn't notice it.
evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #155 of 235
Keyboard is keyboard! ;P

Yours looks nice too btw and like good value for the money!

Does it have built in sounds or is it just a pure midi keyboard? Does it have weighted keys or hammer mechanism?
sorry Im to lazy to read the entire text on their webpage ;P

Im asking because the picture makes me curious...

May 14, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #156 of 235
NO, CHEAP=CHEAP BASICS plastic midi no sounds, plastic semi weight velocity key just like those keystations 88 with more knobs/drumpads.

I like those fast compact lightweight keyboards for VSTi pc trance chiptune game synth composing.
Hammerkeys are slow and too heavy for synth simulations!!1111einzz...

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #163 of 235
I miss the days when everyone had to use hardware synths. (Not that I actually was really alive then)

Dwayne Goettel of Skinny Puppy

And to make things a little more on-topic:

A WASD V2 with Double Shot ABS Keycaps

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #164 of 235
Bit of a mess on the attic (it's better now), but here are some of my keyboards.
Way more interesting then the keyboards attached to your computer imo.
smile.gif

And yes I need hardware keys, no software.

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #165 of 235
For computer I got me the Corsair K70 RGB edition.  It's pricey for a keyboard, but well worth it!

For midi I'm using midi keyboard tmk 88 and I picked it up for a really sweet deal a few years ago and still works like a champ. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back