Keyboard-Fi
Dec 19, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #2,026 of 2,079
Just reporting that the size of the keyboard also affects the sound :wink:

Of course, but all other things being the same, and the one I'm getting being like 10% bigger, it'd be silly to assume a huge difference in sound.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #2,027 of 2,079
20221223_155822.jpg

This was kinda tedious, but I got it together, and my god is it satisfying. I'm really glad I got the lubed tactile switches, because I missed the bump of the actuation when I had the linear switches, but my old Chinese board with clicky switches got on my nerves. These don't even really click so much as thunk, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Eventually I might get more interesting keycaps, but for now I'm super satisfied with this board.

Just noticed this lets off a high-pitched whine when it cycles RGB. That don't thrill me.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #2,034 of 2,079
Plus brass Rama artisans.... that's a helluva present from your son!

Ok... I got to thank him then. No wonder he said it cost more than his own keyboard. Yeah the enter key, the escape key and the top right key are brass in gold polish. This is the first time I'm using mechanical keyboard and it sounds good.

Dec 25, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #2,035 of 2,079
Ok... I got to thank him then. No wonder he said it cost more than his own keyboard. Yeah the enter key, the escape key and the top right key are brass in gold polish. This is the first time I'm using mechanical keyboard and it sounds good.
Yeah, not only those 3 brass artisans but the whole cap set is pretty pricey.
There’s a good chance he has been planning this for over a year, these caps sets are normally bought via group buys and you have to wait a long time to get them.
This was a gift with a lot of love. Merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2,036 of 2,079
Dec 25, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #2,037 of 2,079
Yeah, not only those 3 brass artisans but the whole cap set is pretty pricey.
There’s a good chance he has been planning this for over a year, these caps sets are normally bought via group buys and you have to wait a long time to get them.
This was a gift with a lot of love. Merry Christmas!

Thank you. It did take a while... started like the beginning of the year. I had forgotten about it until he gave to me on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to you too.

Keys are mappable and the lighting can be changed via this app. https://usevia.app/#/

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #2,038 of 2,079
Thanks for the link. These guys looks good, they handle import annoyance for EU countries.
They had them at Candykeys in Europe also but the base kit is sold out.
There is a new set by the same creator, same colors but different profile: SA Maestro.
Comes in the sculpted high profile SA and in the even profile SA-R3.
Both SA and GMK are high quality keycaps.
SA is in preorder here in Europe: https://mykeyboard.eu/search/?q=sa+Maestro
You can still grab them now but they might soon be sold out.

Dec 26, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #2,039 of 2,079
They had them at Candykeys in Europe also but the base kit is sold out.
There is a new set by the same creator, same colors but different profile: SA Maestro.
Comes in the sculpted high profile SA and in the even profile SA-R3.
Both SA and GMK are high quality keycaps.
SA is in preorder here in Europe: https://mykeyboard.eu/search/?q=sa+Maestro
You can still grab them now but they might soon be sold out.
Thank you for the link! You guys are costing me a lot of money :D

I didn't know about any of these shops, it's been a long time since I bought any keyboards and at the time I was not in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back