Keyboard-Fi
Dec 26, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #2,041 of 2,074
Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet. You thought head-fi was a money pit? 😜
Oh, I have NOS Model Ms still sealed in the box I bought 20 years ago.

I have been able to refrain from going into the keyboard blackhole. Most of mine are just decent keyboards for daily use, nothing special.

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #2,044 of 2,074
Dec 26, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #2,047 of 2,074
Alright 10 grand for a keyboard is pretty crazy.

The price is actually not true, they put it at 10 grand so no one would buy it, it was a raffle and only the winners were allowed to buy it, very limited run.
I think it was more like 2k. The boards were made of full brass, one was coated with gold, the other with chrome.
The ones I got are made of anodized alu with pvd coated brass weights on the side and bottom.

Dec 26, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #2,048 of 2,074
The price is actually not true, they put it at 10 grand so no one would buy it, it was a raffle and only the winners were allowed to buy it, very limited run.
I think it was more like 2k. The boards were made of full brass, one was coated with gold, the other with chrome.
The ones I got are made of anodized alu with pvd coated brass weights on the side and bottom.

Oh yeah I read the fine print. It's a raffle groupbuy and it does not come with switches and keycaps. It's a nice looking keyboard.

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #2,049 of 2,074
20230202_162015.jpg

20230202_162352.jpg

New keycaps. These things are adorable.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #2,052 of 2,074
I bought a couple of Varmilos from mechkeys, got very good service from the shop but had bad luck with at least one of the keyboards.

Can anybody recommend any brands of keyboards, and euro shops? I'm in software and I tend towards Cherry Browns since the feedback helps. I don't know which switches have good reliability and good feedback, there are too many to keep track of nowadays. I'd like something with a metal frame and doubleshot keys. I would prefer not to have to buy extra keycaps. For me it would be better to find something I like which is already set up.

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #2,053 of 2,074
Ai03 Vega, L+F (Krytox 205g0) ThicThock Marshmallows, Lubed (Krytox 205g0 on housings, Super Lube on wires) Owlab Stabilizers, GMK Dots R2 Dark
Vega.jpg

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #2,054 of 2,074
I bought a couple of Varmilos from mechkeys, got very good service from the shop but had bad luck with at least one of the keyboards.

Can anybody recommend any brands of keyboards, and euro shops? I'm in software and I tend towards Cherry Browns since the feedback helps. I don't know which switches have good reliability and good feedback, there are too many to keep track of nowadays. I'd like something with a metal frame and doubleshot keys. I would prefer not to have to buy extra keycaps. For me it would be better to find something I like which is already set up.
Keychron carries some good pre-built keyboards which are all setup if you haven't bought anything yet. I think they should have an EU site but they tend to be listed on amazon aswell.

May 1, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #2,055 of 2,074
Keychron carries some good pre-built keyboards which are all setup if you haven't bought anything yet. I think they should have an EU site but they tend to be listed on amazon aswell.
Thanks, they have some shops in the EU.

What brands do they carry that you would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back