Kevin Gilmore V2 pics!
Feb 6, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #16 of 189
Very nice!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 189
Does look very nice, would like to see the knob and faceplate though. The only disappointment I can see, and it's just a nit pick, is the lack of chassis mounted RCA's.

Feb 7, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #24 of 189
Quote:

Originally posted by steinie
Are the new ones sonically the same as the older dual case models???

Yep. If not even better than the old ones, definitely the same.

- Chris

Feb 7, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #26 of 189
Quote:

Are the new ones sonically the same as the older dual case models???

From what was posted when the mint-tin Gilmore thread was hot:

There will be a new 4"x6" case one for $300.

There will be a new 8"x8" case one for $500, with improved parts over V1. This seems to be what we're seeing. I think the other one had a big black heatsinked transformer, not a bare one like this. $450 for a preorder seems like a good deal.

Not sure if this is up-to-date, so correct me if you have better info. I wonder if the smaller one got put on the back-burner?

EDIT: Actually, checked my old PMs, here is a quote from Antness himself, posted with permission:

Quote:

a smaller, portable Gilmore is already on the way. It's called the Gilmore Light and will be available soon - I've been working with Kevin Gilmore on this project for a while now. There are lots of issues in making an amp like this as compact as possible that you and others probably haven't thought of yet. It won't be as small as an altoid's tin, but an audiophile level Gilmore can't fit in a box that small. There will be a nice PSU section in the Gilmore Light as well. FYI, the size of the box is 4x6", and includes a locking Neutrik jack, Alps Blue pot, and the same high quality components found in the larger Gilmore - which will be replaced with a single box (8x8") with Gilmore v2, available the same time as the Gilmore Light. This will be an upgrade to the standard Gilmore, but about the same price, will have two headphone jacks as well as an upgraded power supply section.

Feb 7, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #28 of 189
Quote:

LOL.. Just wondering if I should be sending my old one back for the new model. I wonder if Antness is offering trade-ins since I only got the old one in January??
smily_headphones1.gif

Sell it now before it releases the new one, I got a "friend" that will offer you 200, if you like to sell yours.....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back