Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Jul 14, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #106 of 299
Some eye candy. My T2 right before it shipped (photos by @Kerry):

Unknown-3.png
Unknown-2.png

Unknown-1.png

Unknown.png

Super cool. Thanks for sharing photos mate :)

I think I'm looking at september for my build, can't wait to hear it, haha.

Jul 14, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #107 of 299
If anyone is looking for a new quad set of PSVANE EL34PH for their T2 pm me. Kerry and I have been experimenting with tubes and this is one of the test sets I just purchased.

PSVANE makes 4 versions of EL34’s. This is their top and most expensive version. Beautiful packaging.

Why am I selling - I made the mistake of going down the - expensive- rabbit hole of NOS vintage tubes. Woe is me

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #109 of 299
If anyone is looking for a new quad set of PSVANE EL34PH for their T2 pm me. Kerry and I have been experimenting with tubes and this is one of the test sets I just purchased.

PSVANE makes 4 versions of EL34’s. This is their top and most expensive version. Beautiful packaging.

Why am I selling - I made the mistake of going down the - expensive- rabbit hole of NOS vintage tubes. Woe is me
I was wondering what is the sonic difference among EL34 UK, EL 34PH and your vintage tube on T2?

Thank you for your knowledge and sharing!

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #110 of 299
Just wonder what are the dac and source that the T2 owners use? Anyone tried Esoteric, Mola Mola or Rockna Wavedream with T2?
I happen to have the T2 with the Mola Mola. It’s a magnificent combination.

The warmth of the T2 goes well with the rather neutral sounding Tambaqui. My 2 cents.

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #112 of 299
Also are you using Mullard Tubes?
These are Psvane EL34C and Amperex 6922. The amp came like this.

Yet How about bass and low extension?
Funny you should ask. I used to have the BHSE with stock Mullards tubes. Headphones are 007A and 009 (using AutoEQ). On that setup (with the Mola Mola), I had a strong preference for the 007A, I found the trebble on the 009 too harsh / piercing. The T2 has been quite transformative, to the extent I now prefer 009 (people that know me know that's quite something coming from me), with T2 the only variable changing. It takes off the harshness, but also the bass has much improved (both low extension and impact).

I'll give the 007A another go without the AutoEQ profile in due time. Right now, it's too dark, bass a bit bloomy. For now, I'm taking things slow, changing one variable at a time, listen for a couple weeks and see how the sound changes. One thing's for sure, I've rediscovered the 009.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #114 of 299
These are Psvane EL34C and Amperex 6922. The amp came like this.

Funny you should ask. I used to have the BHSE with stock Mullards tubes. Headphones are 007A and 009 (using AutoEQ). On that setup (with the Mola Mola), I had a strong preference for the 007A, I found the trebble on the 009 too harsh / piercing. The T2 has been quite transformative, to the extent I now prefer 009 (people that know me know that's quite something coming from me), with T2 the only variable changing. It takes off the harshness, but also the bass has much improved (both low extension and impact).

I'll give the 007A another go without the AutoEQ profile in due time. Right now, it's too dark, bass a bit bloomy. For now, I'm taking things slow, changing one variable at a time, listen for a couple weeks and see how the sound changes. One thing's for sure, I've rediscovered the 009.
In my personal humble opinion, I will compare Mullard EL34 to a moving, musical and full bodied OFC copper cable while PSVANE EL34PH a OCC silver cable. PSVANE works so well with the innate warmth of T2 for tonal synergy while by contrast Mullard excells at one aspect over PSVANE, giving T2 soul shaking, HE-1 like bass, which I assume could match very well with dacs like Mola mola.

I heard and agree PSVANE sounds better in almost all the other aspects on T2, but again I feel the choice of tubes could be better discussed with the synergy match to dac/source (cables) in a system rather than isolated. Plus personal taste is very subjective.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #115 of 299
@Kerry

Is it possible for a 300B T2?
No, and there are currently no plans for a 300B amp.
I inquired about this few weeks ago.

I am glad, that I am not the only one who wants an Eksonic 300B amp!

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #116 of 299
That's sad news. 😔

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #117 of 299
That's sad news. 😔
Yeah, I was hoping for a 3ES like amp from Eksonic, because they produce from europe and look magnificent.

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #118 of 299
@ThanatosVI

Woo and sadly, Hifiman has up this game...
421a0102-min.jpg

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #120 of 299
I suspect this currently only applies to Aeras. Kerry still assembles T2 in New York.
I assume It would still be possible to buy and ship it within the EU for warranty purposes and thereafter.

The thought of shipping a 30kg amp to the states in case of needed repairs is very off putting. Especially ourside of the warranty period.

@ThanatosVI

Woo and sadly, Hifiman has up this game...
421a0102-min.jpg
Looks gorgeous but has a Ball busting price tag of 35 grand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back