Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Aug 12, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #136 of 303
The Aeras is certainly a pretty set! Unfortunately I only had ~5 min with it at the Audeze CanJam London booth, but the pairing with the CRBN and the Weiss DAC502 is potent:

20220730_102040.jpg 20220730_102044.jpg
20220730_102054.jpg 20220730_102059.jpg
Eksonic has really nice aesthetics, that's for sure.

And apparently they sound just as good as they look

Aug 12, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #138 of 303
The amp does look 👀 superb but the sound is even better. Notice a touch of the T2 in the DNA of the Aeries.

My understanding is that it's fundamentaly a similar design but with solid state drivers instead of el34s so that makes a lot of sense

Aug 19, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #140 of 303
Eksonic has really nice aesthetics, that's for sure.

And apparently they sound just as good as they look
I listened to the Aeras in Chicago and it was an eye-opening experience. The DIY T2 was super revealing and dynamic but I was quite amazed by the similarities between the two considering the $$ difference and I now have the Aeras on my wish list. I felt like there was really a lot of effort to try and minimize any compromises in the newer design. Sunday at Canjam was pretty slow and I got to listen to BIll Evans Trio Gloria's Step Live and a couple of others all the way through using a SR-009 and it was way better than my SRM-007T which sucks for my bank account because I wasn't really looking for a new energizer . I love the ambience of this Evans recording and I could hear al lot more of the room noise and chatter that make me feel like I'm right there. If you love electrostats, you definitely want to audition the Eksonic.

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #141 of 303
Just received an update from Kerry. I had asked him if he might be interested in doing a bit of a different front panel than the "T2" in the middle, more similar to the aeras front plate. Looks great to me : ) Shouldn't be too long now I hope! :)

unnamed 2.jpeg

Aug 23, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #142 of 303
Just received an update from Kerry. I had asked him if he might be interested in doing a bit of a different front panel than the "T2" in the middle, more similar to the aeras front plate. Looks great to me : ) Shouldn't be too long now I hope! :)

unnamed 2.jpeg
Looks Great….. Congratulations 🍾 will be on the horizon.

Sep 3, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #145 of 303
@Kerry are you still planning on releaseing a CFA3? If so, when do you think that will occur and we can buy it from your company?

Sep 3, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #146 of 303
Just got the hyped Mullard EL34 Xf2 from EU, It is shocking how close they are to Russian replicas!!!!!!!!!!!!! The variance of different versions of Mullard is definitely much much smaller than the difference among different brands of tubes, as Pavone vs Mullard, as someone was asking.

First impression the midrange and timbers are better and clearer with better control. The holographics is very growing on ears.

I again fell in the hyped tube games lol, just can't help laughing at myself. But I do appreciate the very minor positive changes.

Yet the price is reasonable especially considering some NOS tubes as pre war 700B could cost more than woo wa234 mono amp itself.

what tubes have you rolled?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #147 of 303
I'm kinda curious about the Psvane EL34ph but not sure if I want to go down the road of tube rolling yet. Definitely not going into the NOS Metal base stuff.....yet (lol.)

Sep 3, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #148 of 303
I'm kinda curious about the Psvane EL34ph but not sure if I want to go down the road of tube rolling yet. Definitely not going into the NOS Metal base stuff.....yet (lol.)
As I said before, PSVANE is like an OCC silver cable, which is clear, controlled, crystal sounding with beautiful cymbals. I would compare NOS Xf2 to a silver-copper hybrid cable, standing between PSVANE and Mullard Russia Tubes. It is softer with more pronounced high extension than Russian tubes while having better bass and slow extension than Psvane.

PSVANE has the most colored sound with beautiful and sweet tonality but for bass light amp as BHSE it is not a good match to my taste but with T2 it is marched quite well, but the bass is still dramatically less compared to Mullard on T2.

As a good balance between Mullard Russia and PSVANE, I feel Mullard Xf2 is a keeper and they will stay with me lol despite of the diminished return. As a matter of fact, it is the best experience of my tube rolling journey so far in that I dislike all hyped tubes I tried with other tube gears in my past experience.

However there is always give and take in the rabbit hole game, as I do notice loss of harmonics, body, quantity of bass and weight of notes that Russian EL34 excels at.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #149 of 303
Well, just received an update from Kerry. In final testing and should be here by the end of this week.

Really looking forward to hearing it.

image001.jpeg

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #150 of 303
Well, just received an update from Kerry. In final testing and should be here by the end of this week.

Really looking forward to hearing it.

image001.jpeg
Oh Boy, by far the best looking one yet. That Black front!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back