Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Feb 16, 2022 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 299

Kerry

Member of the Trade: Eksonic
We’re launching a new company – Eksonic – along with our new amplifier called Aeras.

Eksonic Logo.png

Launch-Aeras.png

Launching an audio company is something I’ve had in the back of my head for many years and I’m proud to be able to bring a passion to market.

I've been building my own version of the DIY T2 for quite some time now and have long hoped to capture the spirit of the beast in a smaller single chassis design that's more accessible to many. We think we've accomplished that with the Aeras. Aeras is the result of endless hours of circuit design and analysis, brainstorming and many iterations of prototyping and testing. Our initial users have had great things to say about this new amp.

We’re going to be launching the company formally at the NYC CanJam later this month. We’ll bring our DIY T2 along with the Aeras so people can hear them side by side.

Launch-Aeras-T2-02.png

Launch T2-02.png

Launch-Aeras-Back.png

I hope to see some of you at the launch
:)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 299
Kerry, everything looks great and I am very much looking forward to seeing and hearing everything set up at the show in your room.

I must thank you again for allowing me the extended time with the Aeras amplifier to listen to in my home system. From initially hearing the prototype in your place to my still spending time with it at home has been a joy and a revelation. My many Stax phones never sounded so good, the Aeras taking them to a new plateau of sonic bliss. The only downside (if one would even consider it as such) is that I must listen to it every day, otherwise I would feel I am missing that additional joy it has been bringing me. If I sound enthusiastic it is because I continue to find so many of my favorite pieces of music having never sounded so realistic and just plain great.

Such perfect timing with CanJam NYC becoming the launching pad for Eksonic and the Aeras amplifier. I expect to see a lot of smiles and toe tapping in your room.

BTW, fellow hobbyists and addicts, be sure not to miss Kerry's Stax T2 custom build, a rare opportunity.

Congratulations Kerry.

Joe G.

Attachments

• AERAS.jpg
    AERAS.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 299
Feb 17, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 299
We’re launching a new company – Eksonic – along with our new amplifier called Aeras.

Eksonic Logo.png

Launch-Aeras.png

Launching an audio company is something I’ve had in the back of my head for many years and I’m proud to be able to bring a passion to market.

I've been building my own version of the DIY T2 for quite some time now and have long hoped to capture the spirit of the beast in a smaller single chassis design that's more accessible to many. We think we've accomplished that with the Aeras. Aeras is the result of endless hours of circuit design and analysis, brainstorming and many iterations of prototyping and testing. Our initial users have had great things to say about this new amp.

We’re going to be launching the company formally at the NYC CanJam later this month. We’ll bring our DIY T2 along with the Aeras so people can hear them side by side.

Launch-Aeras-T2-02.png

Launch T2-02.png

Launch-Aeras-Back.png

Congrats! Question: will Eksonic specialize only on e-stat amps? Or will there be more offerings in the future for non e-stat amps?

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 299
A single box Stax T2? Okay, you got me interested. A commercial version of KG CFA3, okay just shut up and take my money.

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #11 of 299
Really excited to see the formal launch post. Echoing the sentiment of others, you build amazing products and are an awesome person to work with @Kerry. Wishing you all a ton of success. Best of luck!

And yes, the Aeras is an outstanding amp and especially for the footprint. It's done a hell of a job currently amping the 009, CRBN, SGL and X9000 for me. Can't wait to hear the T2 alongside it.

Feb 18, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #12 of 299
Certainly following the releases of your company.
I like the looks of the Aeras.

Feb 19, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #14 of 299
Thank you all for the well wishes.

Regarding the portable, it's still in prototype. We've got some work to do on the battery management until we're happy. I don't have any specific timeframes at the moment. It is based on an amp design from Kevin Gilmore where we've done the power supply design and layout. We were initially going to release this to the DIY community, but with all the small SMD work, that isn't viable.

ESP-1-SMD-Work-12p.png

This gives a sense of size against an iPhone 12...

ESP-1-w-iPhone.jpg

The chassis will change, though we'll be able to keep the overall dimensions of the current prototype.

Feb 20, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #15 of 299

Eksonic Logo.png

Launch-Aeras.png

Launch-Aeras-T2-02.png

Launch T2-02.png

Launch-Aeras-Back.png

Looking forward to hearing your new amp next sunday,and congratulations on your new company!
i have always enjoyed listening to all your creations,at the many new york head-fi meets over the years👍
i really miss,those great bozebutton sponsored meets out on long island😊😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back