Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Jun 3, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #92 of 299
The Aeras and T2 look like wonderful summit-tier amps, but I'm actually most interested in that portable amp Kerry showed off on the first page. If it's the same as that KG portable amp discussed on head-case, it sounds very promising. Are there any preliminary specifications for it? It looks to have the footprint of an iPhone 12 and, from the head-case thread, uses +/-300V power supplies and outputs enough current for good bass on an SR-007. Forget the D10, I want to know how this thing compares against desktop Stax amps.

Jun 11, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #93 of 299
I've had my hands on an Aeras for a few days now, and I can't speak to any other headphones, but it sounds great with the CRBN, with some of the cleanest, clearest high end detail I've heard out of this headphone yet. It's a beautiful combination.

_DSC2456.jpg

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #94 of 299
The Aeras and T2 look like wonderful summit-tier amps, but I'm actually most interested in that portable amp Kerry showed off on the first page. If it's the same as that KG portable amp discussed on head-case, it sounds very promising. Are there any preliminary specifications for it? It looks to have the footprint of an iPhone 12 and, from the head-case thread, uses +/-300V power supplies and outputs enough current for good bass on an SR-007. Forget the D10, I want to know how this thing compares against desktop Stax amps.
We've got a few other projects in front of the portable, but the amp does sound very nice. It has a full and rich sound with good extension on the bottom end - though not quite at the desktop amp level. The highs have a little less sheen as well, but overall, a very nice sounding amp, especially for the size.

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #95 of 299
We've got a few other projects in front of the portable, but the amp does sound very nice. It has a full and rich sound with good extension on the bottom end - though not quite at the desktop amp level. The highs have a little less sheen as well, but overall, a very nice sounding amp, especially for the size.
Can you teaser more of the other projects?

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #96 of 299
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #97 of 299
Any word on when the CFA3 will be available on the site? I'm strongly contemplating buying his T2 as well

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #99 of 299
Any word on when the CFA3 will be available on the site? I'm strongly contemplating buying his T2 as well
Would love to know the pricing for the CFA3 as well.

Thank you for your interest in the CFA3. We are in the prototype phase and our hope is to complete that in the 3rd quarter of this year. We will then begin the process of making the amp production ready. At that point we'll have a better idea on pricing as well.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #100 of 299
I heard the T2 at the NYC CANJAM. I have been into electrostratics for many years and this was an epiphany. Kerry does great work and is a great guy.

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #101 of 299
Sorry if I missed it. What is the tube compliment for the T2?

Jul 3, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #103 of 299
The front end tubes are 6922 (Amperex or Jan Philips) and the output tubes are EL34. I like the Psvane for the output tubes.
Tyvm. For some reason I was having trouble finding the front end tubes used

Users who are viewing this thread

Back