Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #9,976 of 10,023
If I were to order anything from Kennerton right now I'll get ALL the pads they have, they are not very expensive relative to the price of the HPs, and shipping is expensive so I would like to have all the options as hand. For me the pads on the Heartland were too much (too much bass) and I was lucky that I had all the other pads at hand to try and find the replacement that was the right balance for me.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #9,977 of 10,023
I'm glad to report I've found something that rivals the enjoyment of the Rognir and brings something new to the table - the Audeze LCD-24.

Their sound signature is somewhat reminiscent of the Rognir, but with a focus on mid-bass and not sub-bass. They give an open air feeling, it's open on another level, it's like you are standing in front of a stage and the sound feels live. Rognir is more intense and hard hitting, but if you compare them and do A\B Rognir feels boxy. Both are great and I wouldn't replace one with the other. It's like the LCD-24 is a fun version of D8000 Pro or a more open Rognir.

The LCD-24 do have their down side- must be EQed, should be paired with a bright\natural amp to get treble going. The LCD-24 lacks the same way Rognir - vocals are not top quality, they can't hold a candle for the Heartland in that department. The LCD-24 is good with anything, while the Rognir sometimes doesn't sound right, with Blind Guardian for example, it sounds off and with the D8000 Pro or LCD-24 they sound great.

I wrote a review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audeze-lcd-24-limited-edition.23945/reviews
sorry, don't expect anything professional.

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #9,978 of 10,023
If I were to order anything from Kennerton right now I'll get ALL the pads they have, they are not very expensive relative to the price of the HPs, and shipping is expensive so I would like to have all the options as hand. For me the pads on the Heartland were too much (too much bass) and I was lucky that I had all the other pads at hand to try and find the replacement that was the right balance for me.
My issue is that I have 3 headphones made by Kennerton.. and I"m not sure if they will all play best with the same ear pad or not lol. I can order 1 of each pads, and then realize that I need to order 1 or 2 more of ear pad xyz.. and then have to pay that $100 shpping fee a second time.. It's a weird situation to be in.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #9,979 of 10,023
Hey Guys, im about to buy some GH50, sadly JM doesnt have any left in his shop so i buy them from the Kennerton Shop. There are 2 different Versions:

JM Edition
and the
JM Edition 23

the only difference is the mini xlr or am i missing something? The Sound is the same or different too? Can i buy there without Problems or would you recommend another Shop? Here in Germany its very hard to get your Hands on a pair of GH50 :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #9,980 of 10,023
Hey Guys, im about to buy some GH50, sadly JM doesnt have any left in his shop so i buy them from the Kennerton Shop. There are 2 different Versions:

JM Edition
and the
JM Edition 23

the only difference is the mini xlr or am i missing something? The Sound is the same or different too? Can i buy there without Problems or would you recommend another Shop? Here in Germany its very hard to get your Hands on a pair of GH50 :beyersmile:
The only difference is the use of the mini xlr instead of the standard 1/8" plug. Kennerton is changing all their headphones to use the mini xlr.

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #9,981 of 10,023
Hey Folks,

Anyone out there who had a chance to own or try a Thror or a Wodan. Can you tell me which pads you liked the most for either of these models?
I have both, planning to order ECL02 and ECL03. Curious to hear which earpad folks liked more if you had a chance to pad roll and try both on these models.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #9,982 of 10,023
Hey Folks,

Anyone out there who had a chance to own or try a Thror or a Wodan. Can you tell me which pads you liked the most for either of these models?
I have both, planning to order ECL02 and ECL03. Curious to hear which earpad folks liked more if you had a chance to pad roll and try both on these models.
I own the Thror. For the most part I like the standard foam ECL-01 best on them. I don't own the MF version ECL-01 so I can't compare it.

My second favorite would be the standard foam ECL-02.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #9,983 of 10,023
Hey Folks,

I already wrote about the difference between the earpads a few days ago. are you going to ask me every day?

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #9,984 of 10,023
I already wrote about the difference between the earpads a few days ago. are you going to ask me every day?
I was hoping to hear from a few other folks. This question was not specifically targeted at you and you obviously don’t need to reply a second time. I did get Kennertons opinion on this and they feel ecl03 are the worst pads for all 3 of my headphones. They recommended ECL02 or ECL01-MF for my use case. Just wanted to get some more opinions in case anyone else was out there (and I did, thank you to those that replied or reached out to me). I’m sorry that this offended you. For what it’s worth, I won’t ask anymore since I don’t want to spam the thread.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #9,985 of 10,023
I was hoping to hear from a few other folks. This question was not specifically targeted at you and you obviously don’t need to reply a second time. I did get Kennertons opinion on this and they feel ecl03 are the worst pads for all 3 of my headphones. They recommended ECL02 or ECL01-MF for my use case. Just wanted to get some more opinions in case anyone else was out there (and I did, thank you to those that replied or reached out to me). I’m sorry that this offended you. For what it’s worth, I won’t ask anymore since I don’t want to spam the thread.
but the facts are what is the difference between the three earpads. it's not subjective. ecl 01 least sub and midbass, least punch and body. ecl 02 is the same, but a degree more in these. ecl 03 brings the real change. comes the sub, punch, body, naturalness. decide which of these you need, order and enjoy. there is nothing more to say about this.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #9,986 of 10,023
useless advice

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #9,987 of 10,023
useless advice
I think it's all subjective. I've heard from a few people, some feel ECL01 is the best and most balanced pad. Some feel ECL02 is better with a tad more bass. ECL03 is the one I've not heard much about except from the one person above. I do find it interesting that Kennerton says the ECL03 is not designed to work well with with their open back planars except for heartland and rognir (due to thicker membrane). They say that the ECL03 does not provide enough air for the driver to work as intended. I still find it very interesting that someone is using the ECL03 and finds it sounds the best across the board. I'm waiting for a response from Kennerton to learn how memory foam vs non-memory foam versions of the ear pads sound.. then I'll be ready to order. Once I hear them for myself, I'll be happy to provide thoughts and opinions of my own =)

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #9,988 of 10,023
I think their pads might be inconsistent, so people might report different things from the same pads. The default pads of my Heartland produced so much mid-bass I had to replace them to another ECL-02mf to make them OK.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #9,989 of 10,023
I think it's all subjective.
I'll say it again, although I thought it was clear after the first time. ALL ear pads should be tested for EVERY model individually. they can have unpredictable effects. ecl-03 can fit Rognir Planar perfectly and ruin the sound in Thror. it's obvious. i already gave detailed information, explained why you should test, and gave Pavel's recommendations specifically for Wodan and Thror in PM. what wasn't clear?

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #9,990 of 10,023
I'll say it again, although I thought it was clear after the first time. ALL ear pads should be tested for EVERY model individually. they can have unpredictable effects. ecl-03 can fit Rognir Planar perfectly and ruin the sound in Thror. it's obvious. i already gave detailed information, explained why you should test, and gave Pavel's recommendations specifically for Wodan and Thror in PM. what wasn't clear?
Audio is a subjective experience. All I was saying. I appreciate your advice and your help. I’m also not disagreeing with anything you’ve said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back