Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 14, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #10,006 of 10,023
If someone had Audeze LCD-5, they would never go and get LCD-3, it would make no sense
I disagree. yes, they are different levels of headphones, but many people would rather have the wimpy, honeyed lcd 3 paired with the lcd 5 in addition. especially nofazor version. The lcd 3 and 5 have different tuning, you could say they are opposites.

suckbuy, is that still gospel to you?

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #10,007 of 10,023
I disagree. yes, they are different levels of headphones, but many people would rather have the wimpy, honeyed lcd 3 paired with the lcd 5 in addition. especially nofazor version. The lcd 3 and 5 have different tuning, you could say they are opposites.

The LCD5 are objectively an apex of HPs. But the heartland have such features that make them a niche

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #10,008 of 10,023
But the heartland have such features that make them a niche
Of course. when I talk about levels, it doesn't mean "sounds better", I'm just talking about different leagues in technical, performance, ergonomic aspects. in the end, people choose what they like.

for example, I really like Hartland Dynamic. they don't have the highest resolution and detail, not the most authentic timbres and so on. but they are very versatile, tolerant, reliable, musical, amazing dynamic headphones that reproduce any genre “good” or “perfectly”.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #10,009 of 10,023
Though, i would gladly find something that can approach the LCD5 in technical performance in the closeback format. Maybe the stealth but they seem to be very good "on paper"

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #10,010 of 10,023
Though, i would gladly find something that can approach the LCD5 in technical performance in the closeback format. Maybe the stealth but they seem to be very good "on paper"
Stealth are great, tried them at home twice. But mild bass.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #10,011 of 10,023
Stealth are great, tried them at home twice. But mild bass.
Yes, I agree on the bass, falling on the tight side although low bass is pretty good with these phones. But the midrange, oh the midrange, much more to my tastes than the Kennerton Rognir Planar I previously owned.

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #10,012 of 10,023

I am assuming I must be suckbuy. When people can't logically and objectively discuss their thoughts with words, they either resort to name-calling or violence. At this point, you have 50% of that equation down. All of this is subjective, and to preface your comments with an "IMO or to my ears" would probably not make you appear like the consummate know-it-all and the supreme authority in your world where no one elses opinion matters. Just sayin'.
No one is more of an expert than anyone except for being an expert in their own opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #10,013 of 10,023
Maybe you got me with Audeze, but how about Meze EMPYREAN and Elite? What I'm saying that not ranking your offering be best\second\third can create more sales, just my theory. And I think everyone has a different taste, why decide what's best for them, each user can choose what he considers best. Just my theory.

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #10,014 of 10,023
Yes, I agree on the bass, falling on the tight side although low bass is pretty good with these phones. But the midrange, oh the midrange, much more to my tastes than the Kennerton Rognir Planar I previously owned.
Are there HPs that can have both great sub-bass and awesome vocals like the stealth or HLP? that's the dream... All I could find are HPs that have amazing bass but lacking vocals or vise versa. I prefer the vocals on HLP over the Stealth, but both are great.

If the Stealth had the bass of Expanse it would be great. Expanse have better bass, but the presentation is kind of unfocused. like the stage is too scattered for its own good. I can't find a better description for it, but it's like it's too busy all around with Metal music. The Stealth are focused and intimate, the sound is clear. I prefer it over the Expanse, but then there's the mild bass which put me off. Owning the D8000 Pro I didn't see a reason to get either Stealth or Expanse, they are kind of similar-ish in what they offer, and I don't think one has and significant edge over the other. The D8000 Pro has the best bass of the three in my opinion. But if you're new and looking for your first top HPs, DCA is a fine choice.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #10,015 of 10,023
why decide what's best for them, each user can choose what he considers best
I'm deciding something for someone? Where?
We're all expressing our opinions.

If I don't agree with something, I say I don't agree with it. Is that forbidden? Does that look like aggression? Does that look like imposition?

About ranking headphones.
There are objective indicators that determine the level of devices (headphones, amp, dac, dap, etc).
You can say all you want that everyone has different tastes and blah blah blah, but if you take 10 people who know something about audio and ask them to make a top of headphones, you will see 10 +- very similar lists. Why? Because I imposed my opinion on them? I don't think so.

Again.
If you or anyone thinks otherwise, that's not a problem for me. I don't see why my disagreement is a problem for you or anyone else. That's some kind of double standard

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #10,016 of 10,023
I got some balanced amps and wonder if there is any point with balanced cable for the kennerton magnis? I would lie if I felt they where underpowered guess its quite efficient. have a suspicion it would make zero difference. V222 and magni is heaven but then I always struggles to find something it aint great with.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #10,017 of 10,023
I got some balanced amps and wonder if there is any point with balanced cable for the kennerton magnis? I would lie if I felt they where underpowered guess its quite efficient. have a suspicion it would make zero difference. V222 and magni is heaven but then I always struggles to find something it aint great with.
There's no point, unless your amps performs way worse on the single ended outputs in terms of distortion.
Thre Magnis are of the easier headphones to drive out there.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #10,018 of 10,023
Are there HPs that can have both great sub-bass and awesome vocals like the stealth or HLP? that's the dream... All I could find are HPs that have amazing bass but lacking vocals or vise versa. I prefer the vocals on HLP over the Stealth, but both are great.

If the Stealth had the bass of Expanse it would be great. Expanse have better bass, but the presentation is kind of unfocused. like the stage is too scattered for its own good. I can't find a better description for it, but it's like it's too busy all around with Metal music. The Stealth are focused and intimate, the sound is clear. I prefer it over the Expanse, but then there's the mild bass which put me off. Owning the D8000 Pro I didn't see a reason to get either Stealth or Expanse, they are kind of similar-ish in what they offer, and I don't think one has and significant edge over the other. The D8000 Pro has the best bass of the three in my opinion. But if you're new and looking for your first top HPs, DCA is a fine choice.
What are the best Kenerton headphones in your opinion?

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #10,019 of 10,023
What are the best Kenerton headphones in your opinion?
You're asking me? I didn't try all of their lineup to give an opinion. I only tried Rognir, Heartland, Wodan and Thekk.
My favorite is the Rognir, but that doesn't mean it's the best. Best for what? which music?

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #10,020 of 10,023

Users who are viewing this thread

Back