Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 25, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #9,886 of 10,023
Rognir at the Cayin exhibit :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1708791745588.png
new HP amp from Cayin? iHA-8?
I remember Rögnir having been mentioned as one being driven by current mode amps a la Bakoon Japan very well.
Cayin using Rögnir at a show must mean both synergise well...
Any tube amp - Rögnir experiences/recommendations?

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #9,887 of 10,023
new HP amp from Cayin? iHA-8?
I remember Rögnir having been mentioned as one being driven by current mode amps a la Bakoon Japan very well.
Cayin using Rögnir at a show must mean both synergise well...
Any tube amp - Rögnir experiences/recommendations?
I have really enjoyed the Bottlehead Mainline with the Rognir. The TORBalanced also works well but is much more tube dependent that the Bottlehead.

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #9,888 of 10,023
For a while I drove my Rognir Planars with a Quicksilver headphone amp which was a good match since the Rognir, at least my pair, benefits from some tube warmth.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #9,889 of 10,023
Hey all, I may have asked this before but does anyone have an EQ profile for the Rognir Planar with the ECL-03 pads? There’s a lot to love about these headphones but the FR is quite wonky to my ears. I keep experimenting but can’t settle on something I’m totally satisfied with.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #9,890 of 10,023
Hey all, I may have asked this before but does anyone have an EQ profile for the Rognir Planar with the ECL-03 pads? There’s a lot to love about these headphones but the FR is quite wonky to my ears. I keep experimenting but can’t settle on something I’m totally satisfied with.
Why not just sell the Rognir and buy headphones you like without experimenting and EQing?

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #9,891 of 10,023
I agree with Fullbass above. Personally, I also found the Rognir Planar to have a recessed midrange and a hollow sound with a lot of instruments so I selling mine. What the RP does best is detail, especially in the bass, upper midrange, and treble, as well as spaciousness. I am sure there are those who like this sound. They certainly are not bad-sounding headphones. You might be able to add a few dB in the lower and middle midrange through the use of parametric EQ but maybe your best bet is to try some other headphones in an attempt to find one more to your sonic preference.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #9,893 of 10,023
I’m trying but I can’t find a buyer. In the meantime I don’t want to abandon them completely because as I said, I enjoy many things about them - the bass, the soundstage, the layering, the level of resolution, etc.
did you try ECL-01 MF?

I sold my Rognir as I was not happy with the midrange in some cases.

But then I borrowed the Rognir for a few days from a friend, and I was very impressed with how they sounded on my brand new Hiby RS8. I realized that they can sound amazing, it just takes synergy with the sound system. You need a rich, full-bodied sound source (R2R, Tube amp...) and the Rognir will shine

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #9,894 of 10,023
Well, there is nothing wrong with EQing the set you love. If it brings the results you are looking for why to sell?
The APO equalizer its really awesome and improves all my sets.

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #9,895 of 10,023
you could try out that simply 5-band PEQ with your Rognir Planar, if that improves your listening experience - costs you nothing to try!
1710352028005.png

I use this by default with my Rögnir Planar and without band #1 and #2 also with my Rögnir Dynamic (ECL-03)

Well, there is nothing wrong with EQing the set you love. If it brings the results you are looking for why to sell?
The APO equalizer its really awesome and improves all my sets.
fully agree!

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #9,896 of 10,023
you could try out that simply 5-band PEQ with your Rognir Planar, if that improves your listening experience - costs you nothing to try!
1710352028005.png
I use this by default with my Rögnir Planar and without band #1 and #2 also with my Rögnir Dynamic (ECL-03)

fully agree!

Do you use the neutral version (with tubes in ports) or bass version (without)?

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #9,897 of 10,023
Do you use the neutral version (with tubes in ports) or bass version (without)?
here are we with one of the major drawbacks of Kennerton headphones - what tuning/revision you actually have?!:smirk:
I have ordered mine very soon after release as neutral version but I have no visible tubes in ports (so most likely bass tuning) with some early perforated angled pads (not sold anymore).

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #9,899 of 10,023
Their website still works. They just might have not answered their emails yet but I believe they are still in business. You could try calling them on the phone number listed on their website.

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #9,900 of 10,023
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back