Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 17, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #9,766 of 10,023
If you buy the ADX5000 then I don't see the point in buying the Thror. ADX5000 > Thror. They are planar and dynamic drivers though. It doesn't matter in this case.

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #9,767 of 10,023
If you buy the ADX5000 then I don't see the point in buying the Thror. ADX5000 > Thror. They are planar and dynamic drivers though. It doesn't matter in this case.

From what I heard of the Thror on this thread they are not for me, so I decided to share the opportunity if someone else wants to grab them. As for getting the ADX5000 - the seller might of vanished, was suppose to send me more images (I wanted to make sure it's not a scam) today, but never did.

I installed the limited edition (Type H) pads on my D8000 Pro yesterday, man, what a significant change. It turned from cold and analytical to warm, deep and lively with incredible bass, I'm really impressed with its sound with these pads. I never imagined it would change my perception of the sound so much. It's just perfect for metal (and probably everything really) like this.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #9,768 of 10,023
heddphone one by hedd
I know...
BUT
in the real top (like lcd 4-5, hedd, abyss, susvara etc)

Hedd in the real top? what??

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #9,769 of 10,023
ofc hedd are real top planars like abyss, lcd 4-5, snorry trion, den clark models, susvara etc

and none of the kennerton planars are in the real top

If you don't like hedd, that's a different conversation. their overall class and technical level, resolution, dynamics, etc. are the level of top headphones.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #9,770 of 10,023
I didn't know hedd are planars nowadays! but whatever... since they are, put them at the top... what??

Jan 17, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #9,771 of 10,023
Yeah yeah, it has an electrodynamic driver and blah blah. but they don't need a special amp like electrostatic headphones for example, and they don't sound like dynamic driver headphones, they sound more like planars, that's why I classify them as a planar top. what's the problem?

Instead of asking "what????" for the third time, give your reasons and arguments why it's not a top

Jan 17, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #9,772 of 10,023
The new model could be in the real top (like lcd 4-5, hedd, abyss, susvara etc)
This was your original post to which I "what???ed" for the first time. So you just stated hedd being on top also without any further
give your reasons and arguments why it's not a top
please don't!!!
but whatever...
meant I don't care!
If you feel no Kennerton HP is on hedd (top) level so be it.

Jan 17, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #9,773 of 10,023
ofc hedd are real top planars like abyss, lcd 4-5, snorry trion, den clark models, susvara etc

and none of the kennerton planars are in the real top

If you don't like hedd, that's a different conversation. their overall class and technical level, resolution, dynamics, etc. are the level of top headphones.

but I realized there would be no more arguments here

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #9,774 of 10,023
As promised, I'll write a short review on Kennerton Odin Heritage.

249E4920-5D0D-4ACC-9349-E3DD5137C914_1_201_a.jpg

First of all, these are fun headphones. There is a concert sound here. It is very powerful bass, large sound images, rich timbres. The stage is shaped like a sphere, but this sphere covers your head, the whole space around you is filled with music and sounds. The vocals are intimate rather than detached.

For metal lovers. The drums are very cool here, they are powerful, punchy, booming. I love drums like this. Guitars roar and rumble, distortion sounds brutal, avalanche-like. Fans of crystal cymbals will probably be disappointed. It's a dark sound. But the treble is not destroyed, it has rather more natural tonality. You hear the treble as in life, there is no crispness here, because there is none in life. Any metal album sounds like a concert, it's really exciting, thunderous.

For fans of electronica. The electric bass here is just as impressive, textural, it starts with the lowest bass (infrabass), there's a lot of volume here. Good detail and holographic allows you to immerse yourself in the atmosphere, hear the smallest effects, transitions and so on. Of course, this also includes rap, hip hop and EDM, EBM.

For fans of rock, jazz, blues. Instruments sound rich, saturated. There is always groove, dancing, emotions. It sounds almost as cool as in Rognir with ECL-01 MF.

I hope you understand who these headphones are for.

My personal minuses have to do with my tastes, of course. I wish the resolution was higher, better microdynamics, more treble. But in that case it would be a completely different headphone, right? These headphones aren't about academia, they're about seeing your favorite metal band in concert when you were 16.

The design of the cups is divine. I just love them. It's not black paint, it's a special wood burning technique. The set now comes with a black pouch made of quality leatherette.

4A0FF550-CC46-4B6D-A87A-57B1E1D49D5A_1_201_a.jpg089B22B5-075E-4915-8900-D72FD364F521_1_201_a.jpg

They also put a custom copper litz soft cable in here if I'm not mistaken. I know this cable is quite expensive.

888CCD4C-92A8-4FA1-A26A-9D8E8CCC8E83_1_201_a.jpg

Two frequency response graphs. The upper graph shows the curve without taking the ear into account. The bottom one is with the ear.

8B9A3D70-4611-4EC6-A4C7-A8BB6102435B_1_201_a.jpg

A very high quality package.

My personal ranking at the moment looks like this:

1. Heartland Dynamic / Rognir Planar with ECL-01 MF

2. Heartland Planar / Odin Heritage

3. Wodan / Thekk Novel
Как я обещал, напишу небольшой отзыв по Kennerton Odin Heritage.

Прежде всего это фановые наушники. Здесь концертный звук. Это очень мощный бас, крупные звуковые образы, богатые тембры. Сцена имеет форму сферы, но эта сфера охватывает вашу голову, все пространство вокруг вас наполнено музыкой и звуками. Вокал скорее интимный, чем отрешенный.

Для любителей метала. Здесь очень крутые барабаны, они мощные, пробивные, будоражащие. Я обожаю такие барабаны. Гитары ревут и грохочут, дисторшн звучит брутально, лавинообразно. Любители хрустальных тарелочек будут возможно огорчены. Это темный звук. Но высокие частоты не уничтожены, они имеют скорее более естественную тоналку. Ты слышишь высокие частоты как в жизни, здесь нет хрустальности, потому что ее нет и в жизни. Любой металлический альбом звучит как концерт, это действительно захватывающе, громоподобно.

Для любителей электроники. Электроный бас здесь так же впечатляющий, текстурный, это начинается с самого нижнего баса (инфрабас), здесь очень большой объем. Хорошая детальность и голографичность позволяют погружаться в атмосферу, слышать мельчайшие эффекты, переходы и так далее. Конечно, сюда же относится и рэп, и хип хоп и ЕДМ, ЕБМ.

Для любителей рока, джаза, блюза. Инструменты звучат богато, насыщенно. Здесь всегда есть грув, танцы, эмоции. Это звучит почти так же круто как в Рогнир с ECL-01 MF.

Я надеюсь вы поняли для кого эти наушники.

Мои персональные минусы связаны с моими вкусами, конечно. Я бы хотел, чтобы разрешение было выше, чтобы была лучше микродинамика, чтобы было больше высоких частот. Но в этом случае это были бы совершенно другие наушники, верно? Эти наушники не про академичность, а про концерт твоей любимой метал группы в 16 лет.

Дизайн чашек божественный. Я просто тащусь от них. Это не черная краска, это специальная техника обжига дерева.

В комплекте теперь черный мешочек из качественного кожзама.

Так же сюда положили кастомный мягкий кабель из медного литца, если я не ошибаюсь. Я знаю, что этот кабель довольно дорогой.

Два графика АЧХ. На верхнем графике кривая без учета уха. На нижнем - с ухом.

Очень качественная комплектация.

Мой персональный рейтинг на данный момент выглядит так:
1. Heartland Dynamic / Rognir Planar with ECL-01 MF

2. Heartland Planar / Odin Heritage

3. Wodan / Thekk Novel

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #9,775 of 10,023
The one thing I have to say about Kennertons are that they are super hard to resell. They’re so pretty, but fragile and niche.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #9,776 of 10,023
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #9,777 of 10,023
Seems the OH is more of the same, similar to Rognir.
When is that new model from Kennerton coming out? any date?

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #9,778 of 10,023
In Russia this can already be ordered at a discount (first buyers). Then the price will rise. When it will be available abroad I don't know.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #9,779 of 10,023
In Russia this can already be ordered at a discount (first buyers). Then the price will rise. When it will be available abroad I don't know.
How much are they?

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #9,780 of 10,023
Any of the after-market pads notch down the treble in Rognir without notching down the rest of the FR ?

I currently have ECL-01 on it....

Maybe ECL-03MF... ?

Another option would be 'most linear FR' pad for Rog...
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back