Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 12, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #8,851 of 10,023
I would say around 3-6 weeks for the First Class/Russian Post and 1-2 weeks for DHL.
Thanks for the info. 3-6 weeks sounds like bit. I ordered an open box GH50 JM maple from audio 46, should be here tomorrow. But I really wanted the Baltic Sea or a different wood. Not sure it’ll be worth the restocking fee and extra $$$ though. I do love a crapload of bass though so I figure if the JM doesn’t have enough I can send it back and spring for the OG.

Feb 14, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #8,854 of 10,023
Yes, I was impressed. No hold ups in customs, everything moved very swiftly. Don't worry - Kennerton seem to have a good grasp on international shipping in less-than-ideal times.
I’m really glad to hear that. I did order a GH50 JM and got them today from a US dealer. Unfortunately they were open box and in less than stellar condition for the price. So I decided to just go new and order straight from Kennerton. Paid the extra for shipping from DHL, really looking forward to getting them, as these do sound bloody amazing!

Feb 14, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #8,855 of 10,023
I would say around 3-6 weeks for the First Class/Russian Post and 1-2 weeks for DHL.
I hope you’re right! Just ordered with the extra $$$ for DHL.

On the bright side, I bought an open box pair from Audio46. They aren’t in “new condition” though, so I’m going to send them back. But they sound absolutely amazing with everything so at least now I feel confident in paying a bit more. They’re definite keepers!

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #8,857 of 10,023
I’m really glad to hear that. I did order a GH50 JM and got them today from a US dealer. Unfortunately they were open box and in less than stellar condition for the price. So I decided to just go new and order straight from Kennerton. Paid the extra for shipping from DHL, really looking forward to getting them, as these do sound bloody amazing!
Good move, I think. If it was anything like my experience, you'll receive in a few short days. Which pair of GH50 JM did you order?

Feb 15, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #8,859 of 10,023
Did you pay customs in advance or not at all?
Not yet. Kennerton marked it below the Austrian level to be charged. So far no bill and it arrived here without any alerts. With DHL, you usually pay in advance on-line, so I think I can assume at this point, there will be no fees. However, I can't guarantee everyone will have the same luck. Every country is different, of course.

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #8,860 of 10,023
Good move, I think. If it was anything like my experience, you'll receive in a few short days. Which pair of GH50 JM did you order?
Good move indeed I think. Already shipped out with a DHL tracking number, should be here 2/24! Got an email straight from the customer care manager too, so that’s a really nice touch. I was a little worried last night after I didn’t get any form of email confirmation and saw that the PayPal went to a Chinese electronics company…

Anyways, I went with the Baltic Sea, the sale was awesome, but did not apply to the limited edition woods. Otherwise I probably would’ve done the zebrano. Might’ve even considered the OG edition for more bass too, but the sale didn’t apply there, and I think the bass response is fantastic with a touch of boost via Loki.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #8,861 of 10,023
Good move indeed I think. Already shipped out with a DHL tracking number, should be here 2/24! Got an email straight from the customer care manager too, so that’s a really nice touch. I was a little worried last night after I didn’t get any form of email confirmation and saw that the PayPal went to a Chinese electronics company…

Anyways, I went with the Baltic Sea, the sale was awesome, but did not apply to the limited edition woods. Otherwise I probably would’ve done the zebrano. Might’ve even considered the OG edition too, but the same didn’t apply there and I think the bass response is adequate (for me) with a touch of EQ via Loki.
That is quick! Don't worry - exactly the same PayPal set-up for my order. All worked out.

Baltic Sea looks great - let us know your impressions when they arrive.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #8,862 of 10,023
Not yet. Kennerton marked it below the Austrian level to be charged. So far no bill and it arrived here without any alerts. With DHL, you usually pay in advance on-line, so I think I can assume at this point, there will be no fees. However, I can't guarantee everyone will have the same luck. Every country is different, of course.
Kennerton also marked it down as a lower value for me. So I didn't end up paying any import fees in the USA.

Feb 20, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #8,863 of 10,023
I just want to revisit and give props to the GH50 JM MKII. This HP has some real balance, contrary to what one might think. The stage demonstrates incredible height, width and spaciousness. Bass is incredible and delivers quality as well as quantity. Treble is never harsh or offensive. They are easily driven with authority from the SP3000. I feel these HP's strike well above their price point.

20230220_071237.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #8,864 of 10,023
I just want to revisit and give props to the GH50 MKII. This HP has some real balance, contrary to what one might think. The stage demonstrates incredible height, width and spaciousness. Bass is incredible and delivers quality as well as quantity. Treble is never harsh or offensive. They are easily driven with authority from the SP3000. I feel these HP's strike well above their price point.

20230220_071237.jpg
Can't agree more. Also been listening to my JM MK1 this morning while working - perfect comfort, engaging sound which is very satisfying but not overly distracting. Easy to drive and work on all genres. Fantastic all-rounders, I'd say.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #8,865 of 10,023
Hi everybody, today, I tested the GH50JM and compared it to my RD. While the RD sounds slightly thin without equalization to me, the GH50JM has too much bass for my liking. However, once the RD is properly equalized, it sounds amazing with decent impact, but more natural, detailed, and also wider. Consequently, I decided to stick with my RD that is definitely a higher class HP. I have learned how to use parametric EQ, which works really great. Hope somebody finds it useful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back