Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 25, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #7,606 of 10,072
I understand what you guys were saying about the GH50 I received yesterday In Baltic Sea, I wasn't clear yesterday. The color is different than the norm. I checked quite a few out and it is certainly not the same.

PXL_20220325_144117645.PORTRAIT.jpg

Mar 25, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #7,608 of 10,072
Can it be compared to the Atrium from ZMF? Which do you prefer more?
The Gjallarhorn JM Edition (original) is a closed-back h/p; Atrium is an open-back h/p. The musical presentation of each is quite different from that of the other. I enjoy both and listen to whichever I am “in the mood for”.

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #7,609 of 10,072
The Gjallarhorn JM Edition (original) is a closed-back h/p; Atrium is an open-back h/p. The musical presentation of each is quite different from that of the other. I enjoy both and listen to whichever I am “in the mood for”.
How would you compare the Atrium to the Verite Closed?

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,610 of 10,072
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #7,614 of 10,072
I can’t find any comparisons between Rognir and Stealth. Can anyone help?
I did an extensive A/B some time when the Stealth came out (on the Stealth thread). My conclusion:

One is incredibly exciting with fantastic dynamics, precise imaging, and a natural but musical timbre.

The other one isn't.

😂

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #7,615 of 10,072
I did an extensive A/B some time when the Stealth came out (on the Stealth thread). My conclusion:

One is incredibly exciting with fantastic dynamics, precise imaging, and a natural but musical timbre.

The other one isn't.

😂
I’ll look deeper for it but I’m guessing by your use of the word exciting the stealth was the looser. I heard the stealth and exciting it is not lol.

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #7,616 of 10,072
I’ll look deeper for it but I’m guessing by your use of the word exciting the stealth was the looser. I heard the stealth and exciting it is not lol.

I've also owned both and the Rognir came out on top for my preferences as well. They're just a more exciting headphone to listen to. I have yet to find anything that beats its engagement factor which is why I love it and i'm no longer searching for my next pair of cans.

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #7,617 of 10,072
Yup, I was just being snarky. But basically - the Stealth, as I heard it, was very flat, dry, with a monitor like presentation. I am not a fan of the DCA tuning overall. I especially find the lack of dynamics hard to endure. But I can see it's appeal if one is looking for an uncoloured headphone with great comfort and build.

By contrast, the Rognir (planar) has a fairly forward presentation, with astounding technical chops and an energetic timbre. I would not really say these two headphones have much in common.

My original (more reflective) comparison is here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dan...iew-measurements.959214/page-79#post-16554262

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #7,618 of 10,072
I've also owned both and the Rognir came out on top for my preferences as well. They're just a more exciting headphone to listen to. I have yet to find anything that beats its engagement factor which is why I love it and i'm no longer searching for my next pair of cans.
I agree with this. My quest for closed-back headphones is over. All that remains now is for me to get an open back version of the Rognir, which I think will be the Final D8000 Pro.

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #7,620 of 10,072
Why not the Thekk? I heard it is amazing. If not the Utopia and 1266 are very dynamic.
I'll look into the Thekk, though my understanding it's more mid-centric? Utopia is appealing but I'm looking for planar (plus I'm not a fan of the Focal driver issue with too much sub-bass). 1266 I can't get on board with the fit. And looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back