Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #7,336 of 10,116
Kennerton has zero to do with war - it’s a non issue and a non starter - foolish to say other wise and embarrassingly ignorant to say less / please fellow head-fi friends let’s stay off politics -
👏🏼🙏🏻

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #7,338 of 10,116
If you will allow me, I am posting here a screenshot from one of the sites. This was published 6 or 7 years ago! This was published by me in response to accusations and calls to boycott Kennerton. You can find the original post in Internet easy. Moreover, many of you remember that on the main page of our site it was written "NO politics Zone!" ( It has been like this since 2015, but unfortunately, after a hacker attack on our site in December, everything had to be restored first, and not everything has been completely restored yet). My position has not changed. I wish everyone well and peace.

I remember seeing your post (the one in your screenshot) a long time ago and tried to search for it in this thread but couldn’t find it.

So it was in FA-011AE thread on another website then :)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #7,340 of 10,116
Good people making good headphones living in a country with bad intentions. Support the people, not the country. Or don’t. I’m not your mom.

Feb 27, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #7,341 of 10,116
Btw, had the chance to listen to my Rognirs on a new to me Quicksilver headphone amp last night. Really great sound. Back to back vs my Pro iCAN with a new elite power supply, the QHA has amazingly natural instrumentals with a slightly recessed vocals. iCAN had better/more forward and natural vocals but the backing instruments didn’t stand out nearly so well.

Great presentation in each, I think I like the QHA sound better though.

Feb 27, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #7,342 of 10,116
Hi Valentin.

Sincerely, we all hope for the "Мир" ;

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-10#post-11892828

but no longer refer to the Russian military industry in the manufacture of your Kennerton headphones, and also of your cables.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-6#post-11785104

"Vintage Military-grade Litz cable connects the transducer with pinout".
https://kennerton.org/shop/jord/

Are you done? Can the thread go now?

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #7,343 of 10,116
Does anyone know if and how you can modify the Kennerton Rognir Planars from the Neutral version to the bassy version? I tried searching the post but it doesnt look like there is any discussion on the conversion process.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #7,344 of 10,116
Does anyone know if and how you can modify the Kennerton Rognir Planars from the Neutral version to the bassy version? I tried searching the post but it doesnt look like there is any discussion on the conversion process.
Apparently it's all down to getting the bassy pads, which are the perforated version of the Rognir Dynamic pads. Search for "bass pads" in the thread, should show up.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #7,345 of 10,116
Apparently it's all down to getting the bassy pads, which are the perforated version of the Rognir Dynamic pads. Search for "bass pads" in the thread, should show up.
I thought it was the non-perforated but still angled version?

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #7,347 of 10,116
From one of the earlier posts it seemed like one version had a silicon tube in the port and one did not.

The stock pads that come with the bass version are the perforated pads ECL-01 MF (this is what kennerton told me last week)
That's true but if you have the neutral version, you should order the ECL-03 MF which are the non-perforated version for a bass boost which supposedly will bring the sound close to the bass version. This is a much simpler solution than removing the silicon tube to physically convert it from the neutral to bass version.

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #7,348 of 10,116
That's true but if you have the neutral version, you should order the ECL-03 MF which are the non-perforated version for a bass boost which supposedly will bring the sound close to the bass version. This is a much simpler solution than removing the silicon tube to physically convert it from the neutral to bass version.
Correct. I have the bass tuned headphones (no tube) and it came with the perf pads. I also ordered (before all this geopolitical craziness started) a set of the non-perf pads. Haven’t tried them yet but they may end up pushing the bass into extreme territory but I will experiment shortly.

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #7,349 of 10,116
Glad to see the thread back to where it belongs.

I talked about the ECL-03 MF pads yesterday (in an attempt to bring the thread back).

To quote myself:

Getting back to the reason we're all here: Kennerton Headphones (and Music).

A few days before the current situation unfolded, I tried this new "angled, non-perforated pads" that came with Rognir Dynamics on the Rognir Planar, and ... OMG .... I really like what I'm hearing, especially the bass. And they make the Rognir Planar much more comfortable too!

I had to get more of them!

IMG_7518.jpg

So I went to check the website, and I saw the new "ECL-03 MF" ear pads.

Screen Shot 2565-02-27 at 14.06.46.png

I didn't notice this before ... previously I read somewhere here that we have to buy the ECL-01 and ask for the non-perforated ones. Now it seems we can get ones directly.

So I put my order in. Then, just about 2 days later the war broke out. So, it is still not shipped, and I don't know when would that be. It is totally understandable that they probably won't be able to do so in a foreseeable future.

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #7,350 of 10,116
Glad to see the thread back to where it belongs.

I talked about the ECL-03 MF pads yesterday (in an attempt to bring the thread back).

To quote myself:
Well, if the non-perf pads are overwhelming on my bass tuned pair, I’ll sell you mine if you are interested. I also picked up a spare set of the perf pads so I’m covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back