Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 26, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #7,306 of 10,033
That is not relevant here.
Think for your self.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #7,309 of 10,033
Oh my...
Based on that, we could not buy stuff from pretty much every country...
You are free to buy whatever you want but this is an audio forum. Im sure you can discuss politics somewhere else.
So much empathy and solidarity here.
Have fun with your precious toys.

Feb 26, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #7,311 of 10,033
There are protests in Russia against the war so not everyone there supports their brutal onslaught of Ukraine to install a puppet government and protect their oil and gas interests. Accordingly, let's not link Kennerton to Russian aggression and stick to the topic of their amazing headphones and listening to our favorite music as an escape from the realities of the world. Or as someone said, "Be in the world but not of it."

Feb 26, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #7,312 of 10,033
Stop embarrasing yourself, please.
And before you post anything again, be sure that you sell some of the gear that you brag about on your signature.
Just took a quick look and pretty much everything is made on imperialist countries that attacked other countries and killed people without a reason.

Feb 26, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #7,313 of 10,033
I don't care about all your political drivel. It belongs there 🗑. Why even start that, @Daiyama ?

I've heard Kennertons are very comfortable to wear and modding could improve them. They're not very cheap. Would it be cheaper to buy them from Ukraine or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #7,314 of 10,033
Does “Having empathy for Ukraine” mean having to hate and boycott everything from every Russian person and company?

I don’t get it.

Being a person of a country, holding a nationality and citizenship, being a company registered in a country, etc doesn’t mean agreeing with everything its government/leader does.

Does Kennerton ever stated anywhere that they support the war and violence that is happening?

If a neighboring country decided to wage war with my country … does that turn my good friends from that country into enemy? Do I have to hate them, boycott them, hold them responsible for things their country decided to do?

I don’t think so.

If they saying out loud or showing support for their government/country for the war with mine, that’s another story.

IMHO, We can have empathy for Ukraine and not hating everything Russian “just because they are Russian” at the same time.

But that’s my opinion.

If you disagree, I won’t convince you otherwise. But don’t convince me either. We would have to agree to disagree.

Beside, I do not think this is the place to talk and discuss politics.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #7,315 of 10,033
we are all people and both sides have ZERO to do with who chooses to go to war or who goes broke (its always the bankers' - the "not so elite" owners who control everything anyway)... as long as Kennerton stays true to customer care and service - we should stay on topic. No person in their right mind would ever wish war or to hurt anyone... pray for peace... and pray Kennerton keeps making kick butt products - a little birdy told me they are coming out WITH NEW editions (models)!

getting back on topic of MUSIC and HEADPHONES- I just updated my review of the amp I am so loving with my Kennertons - tons of new tubes rolling coming too... all I can say I loose myself now more than ever with my pairings and Kennerton! They love their new amp!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #7,317 of 10,033
A boutique headphone maker certainly isn't funding the war machine. But, as a practical matter, it may become difficult for Kennerton to ship things outside of Russia due to the economic sanctions.
Exactly. This whole terrible situation is only going to harm private individuals and small companies. The idea of just lumping every Russian into the same ideological pot because they happen to be Russian is nauseating and offensive. Srsly...

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #7,318 of 10,033
I received my modified Quicksilver Headphone Amp which had upgraded caps--TDK power cap, Jupiter coupling caps, and Elna and Mundorf filtering caps. The sound through my Gjallarhorn GH50 JME Mark 2 phones is better than ever with increased spaciousness and transparency along with some improvement in bass and dynamics. Unfortunately there is a very minor hum now through the phones but pretty minimal.

My Benchmark HPA headphone amp arrives Monday if you can count on UPS, oftentimes late in modern times along with all the other shippers, unfortunately. I have been looking forward to how the JME Mark 2s sound with this amp which has the best measurements in terms of lowest distortion and highest signal-to-noise ratio and a lot of enthusiasts here on Head-Fi. Now to see how it sounds. I expect more leanness, detail, transparency, spaciousness, and bass extension and speed. IMO, this is what the JME Mark 2s need.

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #7,319 of 10,033
so true- the more details the better for GH50MK2 for sure- I had the Quicksilver for a week and it did love the pairing a lot- for sure its magic... but I wound up selling the QS (my version only had V cap ref upgrade) when I heard the Cypher. The thing is a monster detail machine unheard of for tubes- rivals and beats my Apache in many ways- the headphone scales up very well... I will say doing some real tests with tube rolling - the XLR outs on Apache sound better than Prautes XLR with most tubes I have tried except the really special ones... for instance-when I put the Tungsram ecc82 red serial# in its insane good! or 5814A Siemens Germany "long plates and triple mica" copper grid in and then its very very close to call.... and I would expect that since the Apache is fully balanced from end to end and so is my DAC - its subtle but the RSA APACHE w/ XLR narrows gap and now difference is too close... the TRS outs on RSA can't compete with the TRS on Prautes though- and using the Kennerton custom trs to 3.5mm CLC-02 is a huge improvement here than stock : VERY obvious and worth every single penny - I still prefer the tube sound on the Prautes and TRS best for an enveloping trance like experience every single note gorgeous! - a clear winner here is how good the GH50Mk2 can resolve all these differences...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #7,320 of 10,033
so true- the more details the better for GH50MK2 for sure- I had the Quicksilver for a week and it did love the pairing a lot- for sure its magic... but I wound up selling the QS when I heard the Cypher. The thing is a monster detail machine unheard of for tubes- rivals and beats my Apache in many ways- the headphone scale up for sure very well...
This makes me want to hear a head to head between the Cypher and the LTA MZ3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back