Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #7,321 of 10,116
we should try to form some some sort of meet up sometime in the summer - I don't know if that's possible but it would be cool I think ....

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #7,322 of 10,116
So much empathy and solidarity here.
Have fun with your precious toys.

Does “Having empathy for Ukraine” mean having to hate and boycott everything from every Russian person and company?

I don’t get it.

Being a person of a country, holding a nationality and citizenship, being a company registered in a country, etc doesn’t mean agreeing with everything its government/leader does.

Does Kennerton ever stated anywhere that they support the war and violence that is happening?

If a neighboring country decided to wage war with my country … does that turn my good friends from that country into enemy? Do I have to hate them, boycott them, hold them responsible for things their country decided to do?

I don’t think so.

If they saying out loud or showing support for their government/country for the war with mine, that’s another story.

IMHO, We can have empathy for Ukraine and not hating everything Russian “just because they are Russian” at the same time.

But that’s my opinion.

If you disagree, I won’t convince you otherwise. But don’t convince me either. We would have to agree to disagree.

Beside, I do not think this is the place to talk and discuss politics.

Hello to all, and in particular to my friend @ithilienrp.

My intervention on this thread will be brief and limited to two questions, of circumstance.

Can we and should we continue to buy (in France) Kennerton headphones at this time, taking into account the international situation, dramatic in Europe, and perhaps also in the whole world (risk of major conflict, worldwide)?

Can we (in France) ? Yes, according to the importer in France of Kennerton products (*)

Should we ? To each one to see, according to his conscience.

Personally, and this only involves me, as an ex-fan of the Kennerton brand : the answer to the second question is no; my conscience clearly tells me no, because it would be going against my moral values (solidarity; defense of the people to govern their own destiny); however, I was one of the main initiators of the development of this thread on Head-Fi, and responsible (at the beginning) for its success; I have, as an example, directly worked so that the title of the thread takes into account the last novelties of Kennerton, of which the current best sellers Rögnir and Gjallarhorn.

(*) https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=10875#p10875

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #7,323 of 10,116

My intervention on this thread will be brief and limited to two questions, of circumstance.

Can we and should we continue to buy (in France) Kennerton headphones at this time, taking into account the international situation, dramatic in Europe, and perhaps also in the whole world (risk of major conflict, worldwide)?

Can we (in France) ? Yes, according to the importer in France of Kennerton products (*)

Personally, and this only involves me, as an ex-fan of the Kennerton brand : the answer to the second question is no; my conscience clearly tells me no, because it would be going against my moral values (solidarity; defense of the people to govern their own destiny); however, I was one of the main initiators of the development of this thread on Head-Fi, and responsible (at the beginning) for its success; I have, as an example, directly worked so that the title of the thread takes into account the last novelties of Kennerton, of which the current best sellers Rögnir and Gjallarhorn.

Since my name was mentioned, I’ll elaborate my $0.02 further.

My point in my earlier post has nothing to do with “keep buying” or not.

To be very precise:

“…. is Russian. Which make you think …”

Do we have to “categorically” do this to anyone Russian?

Now, simply put: replace Kennerton with any other name. Like lots of our friends here, in this forum, from Russia.

Do we need to think badly to any of them, and hold them responsible, just because they are Russian/from Russia?

I do not think so.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #7,324 of 10,116

Please. This is embarrassing even for you. You already had some banal petit resentment against Kennerton, which you've documented on this thread at length. Attaching this to your supposed moral outrage is truly pitiful.

Let's imagine Macron invaded Belgium. How would you feel if you and your family were ostracised just because of your despotic leader? Would that be morally fair?

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #7,325 of 10,116

You really need to let this grudge go already. Ok, we get it, you had a bad experience. As we say in the US, "S*it happens." You've taken almost every opportunity to bash these guys at every turn, and you'll often disguise it with some half-hearted compliment to try and make people think you're not actually holding a grudge. It's really getting downright petty at this point and no one is falling for your shtick.

I've had lengthy conversations with the Kennerton guys when I was getting my Rognir - they've been nothing but super nice, and the Rognir has become my new favorite headphone - even outclassing the VC at this point. They hate politics and they'll tell you themselves that they're not fans of the current Russian government (Valentin told me himself as we were chatting back and forth).

These guys literally just sell headphones and audio accessories. It's not like you're buying guns or state-owned vodka from them and it's not like they're manufacturing equipment for the Russian military. You make it sound like they work for Putin or something.

To simply boycott a company because of the actions of its country's leader is to literally assume that every single person in that country is guilty. I can't think of a worse way to judge people from some sort of warped sense of moral superiority. By your principles, we shouldn't buy Focal or any other French products because of France's imperialist history and the things the French government has done (and is still doing) in Africa. Obviously that's ridiculous. But hey, you do you, man.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #7,326 of 10,116
Getting mad at Kennerton is like getting mad at Audeze. :deadhorse:

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #7,327 of 10,116
One more thing, and this will be the last thing regarding this topic I'll post here.

Some might argue that "buying stuffs from a Russian company is like indirectly supporting the war" (I heard this several times elsewhere).

As a very small business owner myself; I do honest business and pay taxes to my government. What the government choose to do with the tax is not something I could do anything about. Many things I do not agree with; but what can I do? Not paying taxes? That's me not doing my job then. I'm doing my job as a citizen (paying income taxes), and my company doing its job as a legal entity (paying taxes, too).

I have family to feed, like everyone else. My employees have family to feed too.

Now, imagine if my country decide to commit a crime against another nation......

Does "Boycotting my company just because my government use the taxes (which very very very very very very small amount are from my business anyway) to fund something you disagree with" sound morally right for anyone?

Sadly, to some, it does. Some would see that my family deserved to be hungry and my employees deserved to be jobless (and their family hungry) just because my country commit that aforementioned crime.

I believe many of us here have empathy for Ukraine, but at the same time, we can also have it for people of Russia.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #7,328 of 10,116
Besides all the above, Kennerton is a customer-focused company with high-quality non-ballistic products. Though located in Russia, how does Kennerton not deserve a fair reception in the marketplace?

Feb 27, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #7,330 of 10,116
Getting back to the reason we're all here: Kennerton Headphones (and Music).

A few days before the current situation unfolded, I tried this new "angled, non-perforated pads" that came with Rognir Dynamics on the Rognir Planar, and ... OMG .... I really like what I'm hearing, especially the bass. And they make the Rognir Planar much more comfortable too!

I had to get more of them!

IMG_7518.jpg

So I went to check the website, and I saw the new "ECL-03 MF" ear pads.

Screen Shot 2565-02-27 at 14.06.46.png

I didn't notice this before ... previously I read somewhere here that we have to buy the ECL-01 and ask for the non-perforated ones. Now it seems we can get ones directly.

So I put my order in. Then, just about 2 days later the war broke out. So, it is still not shipped, and I don't know when would that be. It is totally understandable that they probably won't be able to do so in a foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #7,331 of 10,116
Besides all the above, Kennerton is a customer-focused company with high-quality non-ballistic products. Though located in Russia, how does Kennerton not deserve a fair reception in the marketplace?
Why ?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ken...-thror-discussion.732814/page-6#post-11785104

and

FYI because you didn't follow Kennerton's thread until it started, the CEO of Kennerton gave an Odin headsphones to the CEO of Aeroflot for his birthday; I received an email from the French importer (my friend at the time) to withdraw this info, because politically incorrect.

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #7,332 of 10,116
If you will allow me, I am posting here a screenshot from one of the sites. This was published 6 or 7 years ago! This was published by me in response to accusations and calls to boycott Kennerton. You can find the original post in Internet easy. Moreover, many of you remember that on the main page of our site it was written "NO politics Zone!" ( It has been like this since 2015, but unfortunately, after a hacker attack on our site in December, everything had to be restored first, and not everything has been completely restored yet). My position has not changed. I wish everyone well and peace.

Attachments

• Inked2022-02-27_11-26-24_LI.jpg
    Inked2022-02-27_11-26-24_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #7,333 of 10,116
If you will allow me, I am posting here a screenshot from one of the sites. This was published 6 or 7 years ago! This was published by me in response to accusations and calls to boycott Kennerton. You can find the original post in Internet easy. Moreover, many of you remember that on the main page of our site it was written "NO politics Zone!" ( It has been like this since 2015, but unfortunately, after a hacker attack on our site in December, everything had to be restored first, and not everything has been completely restored yet). My position has not changed. I wish everyone well and peace.

Hi Valentin.

Sincerely, we all hope for the "Мир" ;

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-10#post-11892828

but no longer refer to the Russian military industry in the manufacture of your Kennerton headphones, and also of your cables.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-6#post-11785104

"Vintage Military-grade Litz cable connects the transducer with pinout".
https://kennerton.org/shop/jord/

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #7,334 of 10,116
Hi Valentin.

Sincerely, we all hope for the "mir",

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-10#post-11892828

but no longer refer to the Russian military industry in the manufacture of your Kennerton headphones, and also of your cables.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-6#post-11785104

"Vintage Military-grade Litz cable connects the transducer with pinout".
https://kennerton.org/shop/jord/
This is ridiculous...please stop...we're talking about quality not guns...

What about tubes of military quality in amps ??? This is the same idea.

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #7,335 of 10,116
Kennerton has zero to do with starting any war - it’s a non issue and a non starter - foolish to say other wise and embarrassingly ignorant to say less / please fellow head-fi friends let’s stay off politics -all Kennerton does is bring wonderful audio products to market

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back