Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #5,447 of 10,056
intrigued.
I'm still doing the side-quest for my perfect closed-back headphone and kinda gave up on Kennerton when I tried the Gjallarhorn again (which sound awesome with that insane vice grip I just don't like at all). My next stop is the Focal Celestee but I might just have to put the M12 on the list as well.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #5,448 of 10,056
intrigued.
I'm still doing the side-quest for my perfect closed-back headphone and kinda gave up on Kennerton when I tried the Gjallarhorn again (which sound awesome with that insane vice grip I just don't like at all). My next stop is the Focal Celestee but I might just have to put the M12 on the list as well.
Did you try the Rögnir?
Shouldn't be missing on anyones list, when the are in pursuit of the perfect closed back

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #5,450 of 10,056
I prefer to have 2 kidneys for the time being :wink:
(sell a kidney or I need a new job, but €2800+ is not something I have laying around)
Makes sense, never spend more than you can comfortably afford.

In lower price regions I really liked the LCD2 closed back, maybe something worth auditioning.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,453 of 10,056
I just compared the Celeste and Radiant to Gh50 JM again for a month
Guess which sounds better?

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #5,455 of 10,056
May I suggest Snorry SI-3 if you're looking for an affordable closed back planar....its quite decent for its price of under 1000

I just compared the Celeste and Radiant to Gh50 JM again for a month
Guess which sounds better?
My guess would be not the Focals :wink:

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #5,456 of 10,056
not one Focal I tried back a year ago or what I have at my house right now... sorry Focal we love your marketing, your good looks and nice ‘image’ as a seriously great tool for listening to music so to speak- but Kennerton is king for me - more spacious imaging, better sound-stage impact,much better tighter and deep bass… and the mid to high blend is pure ear candy pleasure… and details are brought out without taking an on ounce of pleasure away with zero listening fatigue…. like it should …and the over all sound signature on the GH50JM Edition makes me smile from ear to ear - (again custom fit is a must so be mindful of that when trying- use the pressure test by slightly pushing in to see of the GH50 sounds better tighter or not then adjust accordingly- an easy adjustment)- the Focals all seemed much tighter on my head and can cause fatigue for long sessions.... the Focals out of box are just the opposite of the closed backs by Kennerton - and I will not bend them to suit my head or even try since I didn't like the nearly sparkly nearly overly bright nearly 'shoouty' highs - they teeter to much towards a fatiguing sound for long sessions...after an hour I am dying to take the Focals off- just like their speakers (sorry fans of Focals- I'll stick with my Vandersteens and my Magnepans thanks) two strikes- one for sound signature and one for comfort so they are out... good try but not for me- If I want detail I will pull out my open back Ribbon GL1200 w/Gold Alt Ribbon and blow the Focals away for all the detail and stage/ image I could want ever in a listening session but in an open back... but when it comes to pure magic and smiles again the GH50JM my favorite head phone of any type - be it closed back, open, ribbon or planar-always seems to wins so far for me... still waiting for my Rognir but I understand their is only one brand new set available right now and thats at Audio46 in Walnut I think... Kennerton is back ordered for a while now due to popular demand and parts issues that meet their requirements so if you have a Rognir feel supper blesssed and enjoy! Sorry for long ramble but I am super excited every time I get review headphones in and my GH50’s simple do more right for me than wrong-

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #5,457 of 10,056
Anybody here knows what happened to @eric65, did he abandon the forum for somewhat reasons? (obviusly, don't need to specify the reasons) He was so active in this thread and I miss his Kennerton comments.

Anyway, I hope he is ok and happy :relaxed:

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #5,458 of 10,056
Anyone know if the Rognir cable is any different than the CLC-04 cable? I have the CLC-04 in a more preferred length. I havent tested it yet to listen if the sound is different, but I was just curious if the Rognir cable is the CLC-04 or something different.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #5,459 of 10,056
Has anyone been able to compair Rognir Vs R10P vs VC? I'm looking for some higher end closed backs and can't find any comparisons at all between any 2 of the three listed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back