Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 13, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #4,966 of 10,021
Hi Dave.

You've convinced me, my friend. :)

Your custom Rögnir being your best Kennerton headphones, and myself loving the natural Karelian birch (lacquered), it is now very difficult for me to resist to buy this Rögnir headphone.

So, like you, I take the plunge and I officially order today a personalized Kennerton Rögnir in Karelian birch.

21051204345223553817413937.jpg

This is a triply personalized (Custom) order because this special order will be made on this beatiful but special specie of wood (natural Karelian birch laquered) which is not in Kennerton's catalog, and also with a Rögnir on which will be inscribed, as for your very beautiful amaranth Rögnir headphone, Dave, the same personalized inscription "From Russia with Love", and finally with the custom cable of Kennerton dedicated to the Rögnir, but in a personalized length of 2m50 (instead of 2m).

Valentine, if you are following this Kennerton thread on Head-fi, please note this special order (triple personalized) of a natural Karelian birch Rögnir (lacquered) headphone, with this custom cable (2 m 50) and this custom inscription (the same as my friend Dave's @ithilienrp one), by telling me in private message (on head-fi) the details of the bank site (international visa card payment) to pay you this special order.
(Note: take your time Valentin to make me this custom Karelian birch Rögnir headphones, I'm not in a hurry; give me a quote (in private message on head-fi); finally, the only condition of this order of this Rögnir personalized , I don't go through the French importer, but directly through you: it's not negotiable for this special order).
Congrats on your purchase, will be a beautiful headphones -with the mods you requested-, like ithilienrp ones. Which headphones do you have for comparisons, aside from Thekk and your son's Thror?

May 13, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #4,967 of 10,021
Congrats on your purchase, will be a beautiful headphones -with the mods you requested-, like ithilienrp ones. Which headphones do you have for comparisons, aside from Thekk and your son's Thror?
At home I only have my Thekk, and my son's Thror (with new ECL-01 earpads).

Note: a little parenthesis concerning the Thror and the Thekk : burn-in 150 h indispensable to get the best out of it, with a more fluid and refined sound, after burn-in, and for my part, disappearance of the sibilants in the high register encountered at the beginning with my Thekk (not broken in).

Otherwise, my older brother owns my ex Audeze LCD-3F (which I gave to him), and my neighbor and musician friend, owns my ex Kennerton Odin mk2 (which I gave to him).
If I want, I can listen to them again. :)

May 13, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #4,968 of 10,021
At home I only have my Thekk, and my son's Thror (with new ECL-01 earpads).

Note: a little parenthesis concerning the Thror and the Thekk : burn-in 150 h indispensable to get the best out of it, with a more fluid and refined sound, after burn-in, and for my part, disappearance of the sibilants in the high register encountered at the beginning with my Thekk (not broken in).

Otherwise, my older brother owns my ex Audeze LCD-3F (which I gave to him), and my neighbor and musician friend, owns my ex Kennerton Odin mk2 (which I gave to him).
If I want, I can listen to them again. :)
I said once that I wanted to be your son, but now I would conform being your neighbor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 13, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #4,969 of 10,021
Walter posted some more info about the Wodan ... I mean HP-Diamond :wink:
The new top of the line HP-Diamond uses an all new driver with aluminum instead of steel. This makes the headphones lighter, and because aluminum is not a magnetic-transferring material, the sound is more open and detailed in comparison with the steel driver used in the highly reviewed HP-1.

The cup of the Diamond is made of a solid piece of wood, including the grills. This new design allows us to drastically lower in-cup resonances and to achieve even more speed of music performance. It also reduces the headphones weight. Sensitivity is 106 dB and Impedance is 38 Ohms.
IMG_20210510_120646.jpg

I'll be bringing my first impressions this weekend with a direct comparison to the Focal Clear OG

May 13, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,970 of 10,021
Wow so many beautiful designs coming out from Kennerton- they are setting the bar to be number one for most beautiful designs available today
3ECB25BF-EE86-4271-9DC5-BAAD0976099F.jpeg

1C5AEC7B-878D-4B1D-A72D-D6D63D3715EE.jpeg

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #4,971 of 10,021
Hi Dave.

You've convinced me, my friend. :)

Your custom Rögnir being your best Kennerton headphones, and myself loving the natural Karelian birch (lacquered), it is now very difficult for me to resist to buy this Rögnir headphone.

So, like you, I take the plunge and I officially order today a personalized Kennerton Rögnir in Karelian birch.

21051204345223553817413937.jpg

This is a triply personalized (Custom) order because this special order will be made on this beatiful but special specie of wood (natural Karelian birch laquered) which is not in Kennerton's catalog, and also with a Rögnir on which will be inscribed, as for your very beautiful amaranth Rögnir headphone, Dave, the same personalized inscription "From Russia with Love", and finally with the custom cable of Kennerton dedicated to the Rögnir, but in a personalized length of 2m50 (instead of 2m).

Valentine, if you are following this Kennerton thread on Head-fi, please note this special order (triple personalized) of a natural Karelian birch Rögnir (lacquered) headphone, with this custom cable (2 m 50) and this custom inscription (the same as my friend Dave's @ithilienrp one), by telling me in private message (on head-fi) the details of the bank site (international visa card payment) to pay you this special order.
(Note: take your time Valentin to make me this custom Karelian birch Rögnir headphones, I'm not in a hurry; give me a quote (in private message on head-fi); finally, the only condition of this order of this Rögnir personalized , I don't go through the French importer, but directly through you: it's not negotiable for this special order).
However, that inscription would not be correct for the serial number for your set.

May 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #4,972 of 10,021
You know, one doesn't hear much about the Magister anymore. (I've still not heard it myself). Would be interesting to see how they've advanced in the closed-backs category with a Magister and Magni/Gjallhorn/Rognir comparison. Or even with the entry-level Jord.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #4,973 of 10,021
Wow so many beautiful designs coming out from Kennerton- they are setting the bar to be number one for most beautiful designs available today
3ECB25BF-EE86-4271-9DC5-BAAD0976099F.jpeg
1C5AEC7B-878D-4B1D-A72D-D6D63D3715EE.jpeg
That is exactly the color of blue I want, on a stabilized wood, and on the GH50 or Magni. Is this something new you requested? Ivan told me via email he was making some blue sets for some customers (but didn't say which models) and would show me how they turned out. I've been waiting patiently...

May 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #4,974 of 10,021
That is exactly the color of blue I want, on a stabilized wood, and on the GH50 or Magni. Is this something new you requested? Ivan told me via email he was making some blue sets for some customers (but didn't say which models) and would show me how they turned out. I've been waiting patiently...
Yes I have been wanting that since I seen another headfi users set and fell in love with color combo - so excited
DSC_0011.jpg

ithilienrp owns this set- he was nice enough and allowed me to use his awesome pic for my humble review

IMG_5320.JPG

This is what Ivan sent me before they applied protective bees wax poly coating - looks different than the final pic I show above- this particular set seems to have a ton more yellow in it which I love as well- actually I prefer. I love the dark blue and yellow similar to ithilienrp version above-
Honestly they are all as unique as the trees they come from but so beautiful!
A little side note about Karelian Birch - it's actually from Karelia (a region near Russia and Findland)!

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #4,975 of 10,021
Yes I have been wanting that since I seen another headfi users set and fell in love with color combo - so excited
DSC_0011.jpg

ithilienrp owns this set- and allowed me to usethe pic for the review I did​

Really incredible looking. I hope I can find a similar looking set. Maybe Ivan will come through for me.

May 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #4,976 of 10,021
DSC_0011.jpg

ithilienrp owns this set- and allowed me to usethe pic for the review I did​

IMG_5320.JPG
This is what Ivan sent me before they applied protective bees wax poly coating - looks different than the final pic I show above- this particular set seems to have a ton more yellow in it which I love as well. Honestly they are all as unique as the trees they come from but so beautiful!
A little side note about Karelian Birch - it's actually from Karelia (a region near Russia and Findland)!
They will be your third JM edition (the original you modified, the JM edition early version and now the JM Karelian Birch)?

May 13, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #4,977 of 10,021
They will be your third JM edition (the original you modified, the JM edition early version and now the JM Karelian Birch)?
and these which were a gift for my brother-in law
AC548048-3281-4C46-9882-9B83406A3288.jpeg

May 13, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,979 of 10,021
May 13, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #4,980 of 10,021

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back