Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 15, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #4,996 of 10,026
11491771.jpg

Hi.

Beautiful your Rögnir!

One question: is this first listening of your Rögnir done with the stock (non-perforated) earpads?

Wouldn't the sound balance, especially for the voices, and the naturalness of the voices be better with the alternative microperforated pads (delivered with your Rögnir) ?

Advantage/disadvantage of microperforated alternative earpads versus stock earpads (not perforated)?

If you have the time to do this comparison, even if it's just a quick one, it would be very nice. :)
Perhaps there is some confusion with the picture. Those pads are the Abyss TC pads. I've only used the stock pads included with the Rognir. I may have to pick up a pair of the perforated pads in the future.

May 15, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #4,997 of 10,026
Perhaps there is some confusion with the picture. Those pads are the Abyss TC pads. I've only used the stock pads included with the Rognir. I may have to pick up a pair of the perforated pads in the future.
Yes, I thought you had the alternate Rögnir micro-perforated pads at your disposal (as alternative ear pads to the original ear pads which are not perforated).

Thank you for this clarification.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #5,003 of 10,026
Rognir perforated pads (middle), compared to ECL-01 (red) and ECL-02.

Note that Rognir pads (both stock and perforated) are non-angled.
How do you feel the comfort-fit of the ear pad compares? I find my only real niggle whether it is in regards to sound quality, characteristic, build material, etc I am very fickle with the pad dimensions as if to say the driver presents a shallow fit which feels limited.

I had been thinking maybe I have become much too accustomed to the TC grandness.

May 15, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #5,005 of 10,026
How do you feel the comfort-fit of the ear pad compares? I find my only real niggle whether it is in regards to sound quality, characteristic, build material, etc I am very fickle with the pad dimensions as if to say the driver presents a shallow fit which feels limited.

I had been thinking maybe I have become much too accustomed to the TC grandness.
I actually prefer angled pads as I feel they fit the contour of my head better given the wearing position (and the non-swivel cups of current Rognir headband).
I tried Lawton pads with the Rognir but found the sound to be too aggressive and harsh. So I went back to stock.

I have yet to try the ECL-02 and 01 pads, and I don't think I will, as I'm completely OK with the stocks right now.
I mean, after several days I eventually got used to them, and even came to like them.
I can wear them hours without feeling anything.

Maybe I'm OK with shallower pads given that I have several Audio Technica that are known for very shallow pads, as well as Fostex TH-900. (I don't have the TC even though I have the original Abyss-1266. The cans with deepest pads I have right now is probably the LCD-XC).

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #5,007 of 10,026
I actually prefer angled pads as I feel they fit the contour of my head better given the wearing position (and the non-swivel cups of current Rognir headband).
I tried Lawton pads with the Rognir but found the sound to be too aggressive and harsh. So I went back to stock.

I have yet to try the ECL-02 and 01 pads, and I don't think I will, as I'm completely OK with the stocks right now.
I mean, after several days I eventually got used to them, and even came to like them.
I can wear them hours without feeling anything.

Maybe I'm OK with shallower pads given that I have several Audio Technica that are known for very shallow pads, as well as Fostex TH-900. (I don't have the TC even though I have the original Abyss-1266. The cans with deepest pads I have right now is probably the LCD-XC).
Thanks.

Yes, while feeling shallow they only stir a shift otherwise I, too, find them very comfortable to wear for hours.

May 15, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #5,008 of 10,026
How's the seal on the Rognir? The Gjallarhorn headband needed to be bent to achieve good seal so I wonder. Still waiting impatiently for my Rognir. I wish kennerton would answer my emails and give me some idea of when I could expect it LOL.

May 15, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #5,009 of 10,026
Wondering myself as well- my thought is it probably would benefit from a tight seal as almost all closed backs prefer. I like to do seal test for all my headphones to see if they benefit from tighter fit. they should slowly push inward to see if sound improves- please let us know Rognir owners - every head and headphone so different- I had to bend the gh50 and Magni for my head for best seal and sound

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #5,010 of 10,026
Wondering myself as well- my thought is it probably would benefit from a tight seal like most closed backs and to test that for each head size for each user - they should slowly push inward to see if sound improves- please let us know Rognir owners

To be honest, that was my major concern prior to receiving my pair.
I never really found the fit the of the GH and Magni to be that good.

However, I personally found the fit of the stock pads surprisingly good and also provide more than adequate seal for me, despite being shallower than the GH and Magni.

YMMV though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back