Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 15, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #5,011 of 10,023
How's the seal on the Rognir? The Gjallarhorn headband needed to be bent to achieve good seal so I wonder. Still waiting impatiently for my Rognir. I wish kennerton would answer my emails and give me some idea of when I could expect it LOL.
Kennerton headphones don’t have much pressure on the ears, I find it quite comforting but I have my friends saying that they want more pressure to feel the better fit.
FEF50CD2-52D4-4559-82F7-1A95EA478E3F.jpeg

I don’t find much of the gap on my head fit. The seal is quite good. Even though the headphones weigh more than 400g, I don’t find it too heady since I am used to LCD4 and Abyss 1266.
very similar fit and seal to Thekk.
I got mine in 4 business days.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #5,012 of 10,023
Here some of my first impressions using the LSA HP-Diamond.
This new headphone from LSA (underwood hi-fi) sells for $1999 which includes delivery anywhere in the world.
My previous experience with LSA was wonderful in the form of the LSA HP-1 (Odin driver in a Thekk casing) which I sold a few months back to a fellow head-fier.

Kennerton does not cut back on much when they create LSA headphones. As a consumer you lose out on the wood choices but that's about it. I've heard from Walter (owner of underwood hi-fi) that a 'dusk' edition of the HP-Diamond will follow by the end of May / begin June 2021.

The delivery of the HP-Diamond is the same as (any) other Kennerton: A cardbox box with the eco-leather carrying case inside. Accompanied by just the cable you will find your priced possession inside the carrying case. Omitted from the LSA box though is the envelop which holds the serial number and proof of authenticity.
The HP-Diamond come with ECL-01 pads pre-installed. These are most likely the emerald lambskin version since they are a lot smoother and supple then any other Kennerton I have ever had.
IMG_20210510_120646.jpg

The full line-up of LSA headphones:
- HP-3 equal to Kennerton Magni V3
- HP-2 equal to Kennerton Gjallarhorn
- HP-1 Odin driver in a Thekk housing
- HP-Diamond equal to Kennerton Wodan 2021

My station:
My listening is done by using FLAC files from CD's I own myself, the FLAC files are played using my self written music player JSMusicDB (https://www.arielext.org for a very brief explanation, though we are not here for free spam :wink:) and fed to a RME ADI-2 DAC fs. For these impressions no peq was set. Using a balanced connection I prefer to use the Audio-GD Master 19 as main amp. This amp has too much power but can deliver a wider and more holographic soundstage compared to the RME amp. An 8 core UP-OCC cable is using using Neutrik/Rean plugs and soldered with Cardass silver solder (I tend to make most cables myself).

Now on to the sound and I want to do this by describing the technicalities first and then give an example of the music I used to determine the outcome.

Soundstage:
Soundstage is relatively wide and the outmost left/right sounds will have the feeling to live just outside of the cups.

Bass:
Bass is rolled-off and has some struggle to "dig down" (see example). Compared to dynamic headphones like the Focal Clear you get the feeling you missing out on something. While that is a con is also has a benefit: deep bass can become fatiguing, the HP-Diamond is never fatiguing!

Mids:
Ah voices. A highlight of these headphones! Mids are neutral and natural. The presence is near perfect and combined with the speed of the driver these can give a magical experience if the recording allows it. Riverside's frontman (Mariusz Duda) has a dreamy voice which is portrayed beautifully in their song "River down below"

Female voices might even be better on the HP-Diamond and to repeat myself: the Diamond is capable of a magical experience, you just need to find a recording that can do it justice. If Anneke van Giersbergen reads the phonebook I will still order a copy of it :D In this example she accompanies Tomi Joutsen who just happens to be on my list-of-great-voices as well

Highs:
Again a roll-off but my ears are starting to show their age as well. It's non offensive and less piercing then for example the Focal Clear. I was struggling to find a good example till I remembered those high notes of "Chocolate chip trip" by Tool. It's a good annoying *beep* in your right ear every 3 seconds. Annoying at ~ 9khz/10khz, annoying as just a sine wave. but never offensive.

p.s. The HP-Diamond makes you feel those deep drum notes, just not as intense as some other headphones can.

Hope you liked this take on the headphones a bit :)

Oh I did try ECL-02 pads on these and .... no. They suck out the life out of these headphones, just like their Kennerton twins: the Wodan.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #5,013 of 10,023
Excellent review thanks for that extremely good rendition and ur take on the LSA hps. Regarding the Rognir fit - im sure you could bend the headband the same way owners have with Magni and Gh50 to accommodate tighter seal. The thing is do they benefit sound wise from a tighter seal is my question- slowly press ear cups in while wearing Rognir while listening to music and let us know please what u think/ release your hands slowly so not to force air on planar driver- thank you 🙏 we wait patiently for your feed back

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #5,014 of 10,023
Humple opinion on couple of Kennerton headphones on starmap.
Kennerton_en.png
Do you plann to try Rögnir with metal? I would love to see your impressions in your thread and comparing to the Abyss TC :metal:

May 15, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #5,015 of 10,023
Here some of my first impressions using the LSA HP-Diamond.
This new headphone from LSA (underwood hi-fi) sells for $1999 which includes delivery anywhere in the world.
My previous experience with LSA was wonderful in the form of the LSA HP-1 (Odin driver in a Thekk casing) which I sold a few months back to a fellow head-fier.

Kennerton does not cut back on much when they create LSA headphones. As a consumer you lose out on the wood choices but that's about it. I've heard from Walter (owner of underwood hi-fi) that a 'dusk' edition of the HP-Diamond will follow by the end of May / begin June 2021.

The delivery of the HP-Diamond is the same as (any) other Kennerton: A cardbox box with the eco-leather carrying case inside. Accompanied by just the cable you will find your priced possession inside the carrying case. Omitted from the LSA box though is the envelop which holds the serial number and proof of authenticity.
The HP-Diamond come with ECL-01 pads pre-installed. These are most likely the emerald lambskin version since they are a lot smoother and supple then any other Kennerton I have ever had.
IMG_20210510_120646.jpg

The full line-up of LSA headphones:
- HP-3 equal to Kennerton Magni V3
- HP-2 equal to Kennerton Gjallarhorn
- HP-1 Odin driver in a Thekk housing
- HP-Diamond equal to Kennerton Wodan 2021

My station:
My listening is done by using FLAC files from CD's I own myself, the FLAC files are played using my self written music player JSMusicDB (https://www.arielext.org for a very brief explanation, though we are not here for free spam :wink:) and fed to a RME ADI-2 DAC fs. For these impressions no peq was set. Using a balanced connection I prefer to use the Audio-GD Master 19 as main amp. This amp has too much power but can deliver a wider and more holographic soundstage compared to the RME amp. An 8 core UP-OCC cable is using using Neutrik/Rean plugs and soldered with Cardass silver solder (I tend to make most cables myself).

Now on to the sound and I want to do this by describing the technicalities first and then give an example of the music I used to determine the outcome.

Soundstage:
Soundstage is relatively wide and the outmost left/right sounds will have the feeling to live just outside of the cups.

Bass:
Bass is rolled-off and has some struggle to "dig down" (see example). Compared to dynamic headphones like the Focal Clear you get the feeling you missing out on something. While that is a con is also has a benefit: deep bass can become fatiguing, the HP-Diamond is never fatiguing!

Mids:
Ah voices. A highlight of these headphones! Mids are neutral and natural. The presence is near perfect and combined with the speed of the driver these can give a magical experience if the recording allows it. Riverside's frontman (Mariusz Duda) has a dreamy voice which is portrayed beautifully in their song "River down below"

Female voices might even be better on the HP-Diamond and to repeat myself: the Diamond is capable of a magical experience, you just need to find a recording that can do it justice. If Anneke van Giersbergen reads the phonebook I will still order a copy of it :D In this example she accompanies Tomi Joutsen who just happens to be on my list-of-great-voices as well

Highs:
Again a roll-off but my ears are starting to show their age as well. It's non offensive and less piercing then for example the Focal Clear. I was struggling to find a good example till I remembered those high notes of "Chocolate chip trip" by Tool. It's a good annoying *beep* in your right ear every 3 seconds. Annoying at ~ 9khz/10khz, annoying as just a sine wave. but never offensive.

p.s. The HP-Diamond makes you feel those deep drum notes, just not as intense as some other headphones can.

Hope you liked this take on the headphones a bit :)

Oh I did try ECL-02 pads on these and .... no. They suck out the life out of these headphones, just like their Kennerton twins: the Wodan.

Hello.

As an HP-1 owner, I am interested in a comparison between HP-1 and HP-Diamond.

Thank you.

Philippe.

May 15, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #5,016 of 10,023
My son will love the Thekk even more when cable is plugged in!
261F276E-0D90-452F-A0C5-34B5AC625DC0.jpeg

May 15, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #5,018 of 10,023
May 16, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #5,019 of 10,023
Kennerton headphones don’t have much pressure on the ears, I find it quite comforting but I have my friends saying that they want more pressure to feel the better fit.
FEF50CD2-52D4-4559-82F7-1A95EA478E3F.jpeg
I don’t find much of the gap on my head fit. The seal is quite good. Even though the headphones weigh more than 400g, I don’t find it too heady since I am used to LCD4 and Abyss 1266.
very similar fit and seal to Thekk.
I got mine in 4 business days.
Looks like it fits perfectly on your head. I love Kennerton's look.

May 16, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #5,020 of 10,023
Hello.

As an HP-1 owner, I am interested in a comparison between HP-1 and HP-Diamond.

Thank you.

Philippe.
I cannot do a direct comparison, sorry.
I think the following is true:
- diamond has a bit more detail
- diamond has a bit more speed
- hp-1 has a bit more bass presence
- diamond can dig deeper
I think you should be able to compare the hp-1 to a wodan 2021. From what I gathered so far the wodan 2021 and the diamond are twins.

May 16, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5,022 of 10,023

Users who are viewing this thread

Back