Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 24, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,008 of 10,126
  In communication now. Thanks All.

Good ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,009 of 10,126
Hi All,

For information, on the blog of max, one discovers the new wood essence of the Kennerton Odin which will be produced in series, and which will replace that in walnut; the series Odins in Sapele wood are preserved.

New Zebrano earcups!

Also read: http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179125134.html#p179125134

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #1,015 of 10,126
  I think this has been discussed before, but does anyone notice any sonic differences between the different woods on the Odin?

Quote:
  I'd be curious to know as well! 

Hi, all.

I have two Odin (mk1 and mk2), all two cables in Litz wire (cable Litz wire hand-made by C&H for the Odin mk1 and cable Litz wire made by kennerton for the Odin mk2) ; but they do not sound exactly the same, the Odin mk1 sounds slightly more clear and less thick than the Odin mk2. My current preference is for the mk2, richer in tone (timbre), but it is subtle.

What can explain the differences between my two Odin are the following:

- Slightly different drivers (more reliable for the mk2 than the mk1 ; reliability bug fixed on the mk2).
- Headphones not having the same level of "burn-in" (mk1 burn-in > mk2).
- Different cables (see above).
- Different woods. (Sapele wood for my Odin mk1 (more dense), and Karelian Birch wood for my Odin mk2).
- Different pads (for the latest Odin mk2), even if I use the same pads (mk1) for my two Odin, even if the mk1 pads are slightly less comfortable but a little larger than the new mk2 pads (those of the last productions of the Odin), slightly smaller, but softer.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #1,016 of 10,126
I think this has been discussed before, but does anyone notice any sonic differences between the different woods on the Odin?

I don't think. Not on an open back conception, wood is only an esthetic value. It would't be the same with a closed back headphone.

Damn this Zebrano wood is very sexy. Buying a second one or not ? I am crazy enough to do that ah ah !

I'm mad about Odin

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,017 of 10,126

Actually, @Kennerton Team did answer this much earlier (when asked about Odin Old Wood and regular Sapele). 

Are there any sonic differences between the old wood and regular Odin, or is is cosmetic only?

Since Kennerton Odin - is a fully open headphones, the type of wood and the way of finishing plays a role only cosmetic effect

Sincerely, Kennerton Team.

Hope this helps.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #1,018 of 10,126
I don't think. Not on an open back conception, wood is only an esthetic value. It would't be the same with a closed back headphone.

Damn this Zebrano wood is very sexy. Buying a second one or not ? I am crazy enough to do that ah ah !

I'm mad about Odin

Hi Jérôme,

Having two Odin headphones, is not a madness; This allows you to listen to music, to two (with a friend or with your spouse), if your amplifier has two headphone jacks. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back