Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 20, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #946 of 10,126
Oh, a new Kennerton headphone (closed back ?) in perspective, which has just been announced by the Kennerton Team (for 2017?).
smily_headphones1.gif

What will be his name in the nordic mythology ?

After the Odin and the Vali: his name could be, for example, the Thor ??
It will really hit very hard !! (according r one
wink.gif
).

Otherwise, more seriously, the name of the future elect is probably in this list: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panth%C3%A9on_de_la_mythologie_nordique

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #947 of 10,126
An entirely new headphones would be nice.

However, one thing I would be placing my guess is: "an iteration of a Magister, with a non-limited run" .... maybe different woods, improving build quality (already quite good, but obviously not on Vali/Odin level), better packaging design, etc.

To be very honest, the Magister has the worst packaging in the entire Kennerton line (even though the carrying case is practical), and seems pretty out-of-place compared to others, including their IEMs. It feels more like "a special edition of Fischer Audio FA-003" (the same vein as "FA-011 LE" and "FA-011 Anni").

Well, at least all the Kennerton IEMs have consistent packaging theme and design. Even though accessories quality differs between 2 factories (the Algiz and Laguz carrying case are the same and obviously inferior to Jimo and Ikiz, which are also the same -- so I'm guessing that Algiz and Laguz are from one and Jimo and Ikiz from another).

And yes, I do have all of them (Fischer FA003, including a few woods version, FA011 STD/LE/10TH, Kennerton IEMs) so at least I have experienced them first-handed.

Frankly, though, I'd love to see ...  (cc @Kennerton Team)

1 - TOTL closed back on the level of Vali with build quality, design, etc that's up to Kennerton's high standard. I'm talking about things that would rival or bettered the Fostex TH-XXX series (I love my TH900 and THX00 ... as well as a few Lawton-modded ones -- their wood cups are simply the best. I love them enough for 'collect' their entire series, including older Denon D7000) or Audio Technica W-series.

2 - Portable closed back. Planar would be a killer. I like my Audeze SINE and Oppo PM3 ... but I somehow think Kennerton could do better. After all, the Odin is my favorite Planar (and, as a matter of fact, definitely one of my favorite headphones), ways above any Audeze LCD and Oppo PM1. However, a closed back dynamic portable should be good as well. Wood and Aluminum would be great. Preferably over-ear. (That's one thing I like PM3 more than SINE).

Whichever the case, my budget for the next year is set to include the new, yet-to-be-unveil, one :)

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #948 of 10,126
Hello everyone,

Very interesting the release of a new (futur) Kennerton headphones and to make some conjunctures in waiting his production.

Personally I will see a closed back version of the Kennerton Vali; Sorrodje understands that Kennerton is actually working very much on the Kennerton Vali: for a closed back version?
On the other hand, I understood, somewhere on the russian forum, that a closed back version of the Odin would not well work.

To be continued ...

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #949 of 10,126
As there is nothing to change at the Odin, i vote for a closed back version of the Vali or a Vali Mark II.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #950 of 10,126
Hi all.

Latest news about Kennerton.

In addition to the continuous improvements of the Odin: cable and transport box.
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=84&p=2072439&viewfull=1#post2072439

According to P. Paya, French importer of Kennerton.
. A new Planar Kennerton is under consideration; Cheaper than the Odin.
. A closed back version of the Vali is also being studied.
. The production of the Magister is continued, but with update (or upgrade)?
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179091055.html#p179091055

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #952 of 10,126
Agree with you. Merry Xmas to team Kennerton and wish you the best for the future

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #954 of 10,126
Kennerton Team.

What a long way since the IFA 2014; You can be proud!

smily_headphones1.gif

Merry Christmas, for the Kennerton Team and all readers of this thread, throughout the world .

2017 (soon) will be a great year, for all !

What surprises for 2017, jealously guarded, still reserve us the Kennerton Team? 
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #955 of 10,126
Excellent. Were can we get the T-shirt and mug?
cool.gif

Thank you all here again for your very helpful information and audio excellence advocacy. After my much-loved Grado HP1000, the Odin and the Vali are my fave headphones ever. I look forward to what the Team Kennerton has in store for the near future....

Cheers! Happy Listening All!
beerchug.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #956 of 10,126
Thanks guys, we are most pleased to see our headphones makes people happy, it is the best motivation for our new projects!

All Kennerton staff are wishing Merry Christmas and Happy new year for everyone! :)

Seems I'm a bit late, but, in mother Russia, we are celebrating Christmas on January 7th. So, it still counts
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #957 of 10,126
  Thanks guys, we are most pleased to see our headphones makes people happy, it is the best motivation for our new projects!

All Kennerton staff are wishing Merry Christmas and Happy new year for everyone! :)

Seems I'm a bit late, but, in mother Russia, we are celebrating Christmas on January 7th. So, it still counts
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks.

Indeed, the Orthodox Christmas calendar (January 7 th) is slightly different from the Christmas celebrated further west, on December 25 th. But this remains the same Christmas!.

Spend good Christmas and a well deserved holiday for the beginning of next year, very soon! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #959 of 10,126
Look what just arrived at my office doorstep! Just in time for New Year party! A Fischer Audio FA-011 10th Anniversary Edition!!

Well, not exactly a Kennerton headphone, but since Kennerton also has it listed on the website, and Kennerton and Fischer Audio are more or less the same team anyway. So I think I would also post the photos here. 

I wrote a bit more details at FA-011 LE thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/670498/fischer-audio-fa-011-limited-edition-owners-and-appreciation-thread/120#post_13127281

Looks very similar to the earlier Vali photos (the cups and the pads).

With FA-011 Beech (current standard edition) and LE.

With my FA-011 LE, also in Peruvian Walnut.

Since now I'm at my office and I do keep my Vali at home. So no photo comparison between this new FA-011 and the Vali. 
I also ordered the 2nd pair of Vali in Natural wood finish, so I will wait for that first. Should arrive just after new year.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #960 of 10,126
  Look what just arrived at my office doorstep! Just in time for New Year party! A Fischer Audio FA-011 10th Anniversary Edition!!

- - - - - - -

Since now I'm at my office and I do keep my Vali at home. So no photo comparison between this new FA-011 and the Vali. 
I also ordered the 2nd pair of Vali in Natural wood finish, so I will wait for that first. Should arrive just after new year.

...show off.

Er, ah--I mean... I'm SOOOoooo happy for you! 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back