Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 27, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #692 of 10,023
  We hope they will improve comfort. The softer leather is used, but there is no aim to change sound signature

Sounds great! Will they be available for purchase on their own on your website at some point? I have all 3 ECL-02 pads and they are lovely, the ones you use on the Vali look awesome too so hoping those can also be bought individually eventually. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #693 of 10,023
We hope they will improve comfort. The softer leather is used, but there is no aim to change sound signature

Thank you,
It's good to know ; even more comfort to our delicate ears with this news pads! :)

Furthermore, here is the link of a new review of the Kennerton Odin, in English (by Hi-Fi+).
http://absolutehiend.com/ahe_files/pdf/Odin.pdf

EDIT: I just found out on Pictaram, the photo of the new cups and the new ear pads of the K. Odin (last finition : softer leather pads and sapele wood lacquered shiny for cups?)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #696 of 10,023
My Odin has passed 200 hours mark today, and the high frequency is indeed smooth out significantly. I truly enjoy the Odin now, and it basically handle all genre equally well, everything I throw to it, I have good music coming back all the time.

The Cayin stack is handling the Odin very well. I prefer the all tube HA1Amk2 over the iHA-6 when I audition the Odin at Munich, but now I prefer the iHA-6 in m home rig.

By the way, the Cayin US Tour for iDAC-6 and iHA-6 will close it application in about two days, if you are interested to try out this little combo, please sign up the tour before Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814644/us-tour-cayin-idac-6-dual-ak4490-dac-and-iha-6-full-balanced-headphone-amp-reviewers-wanted

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 31, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #697 of 10,023
Paired it with the Questyle CMA800i and it was dynamic, smooth, and every note sings ODIN IS KING.
Just can't get enough of this sound. Drums are brain rattling but accurate, highs are peaking bravely with no shrillness nor sibilance. Vocals are engaging and intimate. It's been 3 hours and the weight distribution of rhe headband is proving itself to be nothing less than well made.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #698 of 10,023
By the way, the Cayin US Tour for iDAC-6 and iHA-6 will close it application in about two days, if you are interested to try out this little combo, please sign up the tour before Tuesday afternoon.

Any news on the potential Cayin stack + Vali/Odin European tour you and the Kennerton CEO (correct me if I'm mistaken here, I have regretfully forgotten how to correctly spell his name and would rather not butcher it trying) talked about previously? 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Definitely be interested in that one!

Best of luck with the US tour and glad to hear you are enjoying the Odins, the old wood is beautiful.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #700 of 10,023
  For anyone who has heard the Vali and Odin, which has better sound stage?
Which has more upper midrange?

Hi,

The sound stage of the Odin, and the openness, depends a lot of the amplifier used; with the Viva Egoista 2A3 amp, the soundstage of the Odin is very well balanced, very precise, with a lot of depth; sound relief is very good with the Viva amp.

For Vali, I can not say the same for not having listened to on the same headphones amplifier. However, the soundstage of Vali seemed less precise than that of the Odin.
For the midrange, there is no photo; the midrange of the Odin is a delight (especially with the amplifier Viva 2A3); it is much more present, more forward, more textured and detailed than the Vali. The voices are a treat.
Odin appears generally less dull (mat) than the Vali, especially with more of upper-midrange and upper-treble.
Many consider the Odin as close enough to the HE-6 (although amplified), but with more definition and texture, and less aggression in the upper-midrange; besides it is easy for amplification; it is a kind of super HE-6.
The Vali would, when with him, a kind of super HD-600 (according to dub, who has listened to these two headphones).

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #701 of 10,023
Any news on the potential Cayin stack + Vali/Odin European tour you and the Kennerton CEO (correct me if I'm mistaken here, I have regretfully forgotten how to correctly spell his name and would rather not butcher it trying) talked about previously? :)  Definitely be interested in that one!

Best of luck with the US tour and glad to hear you are enjoying the Odins, the old wood is beautiful.

No dates at this stage, the Kennerton + Cayin tour has just completed at Seattle, we'll split path and continue our own tour, I think it is natural that we shall wait till the end of the current tour and evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign before we can move on to start a new one.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #703 of 10,023
A tour would be awesome :)

The high logistic cost and potential tax coverage will be a significant issue if we were to take a $3000 retail, 15kg package weight Headfi system to a world tour. :D

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #704 of 10,023
Thank you, grizzlybeast, for your great comparison, both sincere and instructive, between these two headphones: Kennerton Vali and Focal Elear.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/807899/kennerton-vali-impressions-discussion-tour/120#post_12760792
(nb: the latter headphone (Elear) being acclaimed by Tyll, but he unfortunately could not (yet) listen the Vali, unlike you).

Any listener eager to get among the best headphones in this category, under $1,000, should listen to both the Focal Elear headphone and the Kennerton Vali headphone to make his own idea, and choose the one that his heart (and ears) will choose ...

After, if we want to go further than these two super headphones ("super" because sometimes nicknamed super HD-650 and/or super HD-600), you will pay more to have more, especially to have more details, more cleanliness, more texture and definition, with the Odin headphone (for Kennerton) and probably also with the Utopia headphone (to you) for Focal ; they are, probably two Grail of the sound reproduction (with the Abyss and some electrostatic headphones?).

Once again, the ideal would be to listen to these two headphones to form its own opinion, his own education, concerning restitution of music to the highest level with headphones, especially concerning the pleasure procured.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back