Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #7,561 of 10,126
Oh I thought the Mojo 2 was a DAC/amp, not just a DAC. Now that makes a lot more sense!
It is a DAC/AMP without a true line out, but the DAC portion is clean that you can easily add an external amp without causing any distortion.

In short, the Mojo 2 scales up exceptionally well if you feed it an exceptional amp.

Do you need this combo with a pair of IEMs? Not in my estimation, but Rognir planar thrive on more headroom, hence the C9.

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #7,562 of 10,126
selling my modded GH40 - that went fast

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #7,563 of 10,126
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #7,564 of 10,126
It is a DAC/AMP without a true line out, but the DAC portion is clean that you can easily add an external amp without causing any distortion.

In short, the Mojo 2 scales up exceptionally well if you feed it an exceptional amp.

Do you need this combo with a pair of IEMs? Not in my estimation, but Rognir planar thrive on more headroom, hence the C9.
What C9 mode do you prefer?

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #7,565 of 10,126
What C9 mode do you prefer?
With the Rognir, tube mode with class a/b. That's actually my default setting more generally - combines slight warmth and texture of tubes with the great dynamics of SS.

Mar 23, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #7,567 of 10,126
Isn't tube mode too smooth for extreme genres?
Not at all; on the WA8, yes - that's smooth. I can't remember if you've heard the C9, but it's tube mode is very linear. It reminds me very much of the amps from Linear Tube Audio, which have a great deal of precision and attack. Class A/B and tube mode is a nice balance of forensic precision and overarching musicality. Class A is the smoother option here, which rounds off the edges more. But of course, you also have SS mode if you want a hyper-clean presentation.

For extreme genres, I listen to old school Florida death metal - Morbid Angel, Death, Obituary - and it all sounds stellar. Well recorded black metal - Watain, Enslaved, etc - also sounds great. Newer DJENT style extreme metal isn't my cup of tea.

However, maybe you meant extreme in a different sense?

Mar 23, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #7,568 of 10,126
Hey I was thinking of getting a GH50 JM modded by you whenever I obtain one. How much do you charge for your services?
I keep it down low now in the new world order (brave new world aka 1984 etc) we live in so I pm'd u in private :wink:- but on anther note - anyone ever see this ZMF interior- man if I had to say the manufactuering of Kennerton looks far superior stock than stock ZMF I know ZMF is highly regarded but I never thought the interior was so basic and seemed so similar to ordinary household materials

1648037487981.png

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #7,569 of 10,126
I keep it down low now in the new world order (brave new world aka 1984 etc) we live in so I pm'd u in private :wink:- but on anther note - anyone ever see this ZMF interior- man if I had to say the manufactuering of Kennerton looks far superior stock than stock ZMF I know ZMF is highly regarded but I never thought the interior was so basic and seemed so similar to ordinary household materials

wow haha so ghetto with the non-slip rug pads and weather stripping.

Mar 23, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #7,570 of 10,126
Yes my thoughts exactly but it does work for them I guess but it makes me really respect the Kennerton interiors- I think I have opened every single Kennerton headphone made except for the Odin- all of them exceptional hand made inside and out - but using precision dampening materials and refined interiors that look nearly finished as the out side.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #7,572 of 10,126
yes I do them I only did a handfull you can read about them here on the forum and then pm me I dont like to speak about this on forum anymore since headf- looking to call me a tradesman one of these days and since I do this only as a hobby to make things better only and charge minimum fee for my work there is no way anyone would call me a tradesman - so just pm me and I will answer all the questions anyone has

Mar 23, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #7,574 of 10,126
yes I do them I only did a handfull you can read about them here on the forum and then pm me I dont like to speak about this on forum anymore since headf- looking to call me a tradesman one of these days and since I do this only as a hobby to make things better only and charge minimum fee for my work there is no way anyone would call me a tradesman - so just pm me and I will answer all the questions anyone has
As good as the GH50 JME sounds the Mark 2 modification by John is a major step up in bass, dynamic range, and spaciousness without changing the dark and warm character of the stock JM Edition. You can also tune the bass weight by plugging and unplugging the little bass ports on the outside of the earcups but I left them as John did them with one port open and the other closed. I am glad I had mine modded for a really reasonable price and turnaround time.

Mar 23, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #7,575 of 10,126
image.jpg

Just got in sample pads for gh40
Anyone wants them pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back