Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 11, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #7,143 of 10,026
Anyone got any experiences with the Rupert Neve Headphone Amp and Rögnir Planars? I am looking for something neutral (but dynamic) with a smaller footprint then the Flux amps

Feb 11, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #7,144 of 10,026
What model?
I have the 2019 model and it's one of my favourite headphones to date.
Best dynamic HP I've tried for sure.
I’m debating between a Vali and a ZMF Auteur. What is the sound signature of the Vali? V shaped or other?

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #7,146 of 10,026
I’m debating between a Vali and a ZMF Auteur. What is the sound signature of the Vali? V shaped or other?
I had both and made proper comparisons. Both are good headphones but the 2019 Vali was way more resolving and ahead in most of the aspects , except maybe timbre, that was kinda a tie because both got great byodinamic drivers which got excelent and natural timbre.

The Vali is very punchy, energetic but without being harsh in the treble, I woulnd not call it a V shape because it doesn't have recessed mids. Imagind and soundstage is also better in the Vali. Everything sounds cleaner, with more depth and more holographic, where the Auteur presents the music in a more melted way. It felt a bit muddy sometimes for me.

Id say that the Auteur is a smoother and more relaxed headphone. Don't get me wrong, it's a good and beautiful headphone but it falls short in terms of technicallities considering the price.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #7,148 of 10,026
I had both and made proper comparisons. Both are good headphones but the 2019 Vali was way more resolving and ahead in most of the aspects , except maybe timbre, that was kinda a tie because both got great byodinamic drivers which got excelent and natural timbre.

The Vali is very punchy, energetic but without being harsh in the treble, I woulnd not call it a V shape because it doesn't have recessed mids. Imagind and soundstage is also better in the Vali. Everything sounds cleaner, with more depth and more holographic, where the Auteur presents the music in a more melted way. It feel a bit muddy sometimes for me.

Id say that the Auteur is a smoother and more relaxed headphone. Don't get me wrong, it's a good and beautiful headphone but it falls short in terms of technicallities considering the price.
Thank you. Very helpful on the sound signature. As beautiful as the ZMFs are (I have a VC), I do very much like the aesthetics of the Baltic Sea Vali Neoteric in the open back space.

Feb 11, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #7,150 of 10,026
Thank you. Very helpful on the sound signature. As beautiful as the ZMFs are (I have a VC), I do very much like the aesthetics of the Baltic Sea Vali Neoteric in the open back space.
I really loved the look and craftmanship of my Auteurs but they could not compete with my Kennertons in the sound department.

Will love to hear some feedback if you finally get the Neoteric. Those baltic sea Vali looks insane and bet they sound amazing too.

Attachments

• IMG_20210520_133144.jpg
    IMG_20210520_133144.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210520_120454.jpg
    IMG_20210520_120454.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #7,151 of 10,026
I really loved the look and craftmanship of my Auteurs but they could not compete with my Kennertons in the sound department.

Will love to hear some feedback if you finally get the Neoteric. Those baltic sea Vali looks insane and bet they sound amazing too.
I just pulled the trigger on the Neoteric. Assuming it ships before all hell breaks loose in that part of the world, I'll certainly post some impressions.

Feb 11, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #7,152 of 10,026

Hmmm. The Auteurs were listed on Stereophile's recommended components as Class A+, the highest sound level. Just goes to show how good Kennerton products are.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #7,153 of 10,026
Hmmm. The Auteurs were listed on Stereophile's recommended components as Class A+, the highest sound level. Just goes to show how good Kennerton products are.
It's all a matter of preference. I think that they are both top headphones,
I just pulled the trigger on the Neoteric. Assuming it ships before all hell breaks loose in that part of the world, I'll certainly post some impressions.
Amazing! Looking forward to that :)

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #7,154 of 10,026
Anyone got any experiences with the Rupert Neve Headphone Amp and Rögnir Planars? I am looking for something neutral (but dynamic) with a smaller footprint then the Flux amps
I've had this amp before and really liked it. I was actually thinking about getting another one the other day. It's very compact indeed. The sound profile is clean, linear, and neutral. Very transparent, but not overly dry. I understand you can also run it from batteries, if desired.

Haven't tried it on the Rognir, but would imagine it could work well. Keep me posted if you end up getting one.

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #7,155 of 10,026
I've never heard the Vali, but I'll likely never let my Auteurs go. I have been consolidating to 1 open dynamic, 1 closed, 1 open planar and 1 closed, and I kept my Auteurs over my Verite Opens and Aeolus (and Focal Clear MGs that I traded for the Aeolus in the first place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back