Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #4,291 of 10,026
I do not care for timelines others gave you, I only care about the one I gave you which you happily acknowledged.

That’s a pretty arrogant and dismissive comment from you here towards @eric65. Say what you want, but he has contributed more to this thread than probably everyone else combined.

So when he says something, I respect it. Maybe he was wrong, but I trusted what he said because he has done so much for Kennerton, that I just assumed he may have some special insight.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #4,294 of 10,026
@ThanatosVI @Hifiearspeakers

Hi guys, like the others have mentioned, I think that it's time to take a breather, and step away from this inadvertent episode; things are getting a little too heated in here.

Clearly, the both of you have been approaching this issue from wildly-varying perspectives. Regardless of your convictions, we should always treat each other with a level of respect. :)

I hope that this issue can be resolved amicably.

Jan 19, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #4,295 of 10,026
Not to mention that the problem has been solved! :)

Hi!

Can you please resend the initial inquiry to the info@kennerton.com , please?

I will look into why you had not received a reply.

Thank you!

Well the questions that interest us now are the following:
What price will the Rögnir cost?
When will it be released?
When will we have a picture of the new carbon driver of the Rögnir, with the new membrane?
Finally, will there be an option to have a cheaper Rögnir headphone equipped with a stock "non Custom" (less luxurious) cable, like the one currently fitted to the Thekk and the Wodan in stock, and which is already a very good base cable?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #4,296 of 10,026
Not to mention that the problem has been solved! :)
Hello Eric,
my answers are below:

2850 Euros. It is cheaper than Thror, and a bit more expensive than Thekk.
We wanted to do it at the end of January. But we got a little excited. It will probably happen a little later, in the middle or end of February. I'll try to explain why that is. Rognir already exists. But very few of them are made. And we need more time to make more in stock so as not to offend any of our distributors.

When will we have a picture of the new carbon driver of the Rögnir, with the new membrane?
I think the driver and diaphragm image from Thror or Thekk would be fine for this. Externally, you won't notice any difference. The main difference is in the diaphragm material itself and in its thickness. Let me not publish more specific data yet. I'm sorry, but there is something in this data that I don't want to share with the competitors. I respect them, but I don't really want to help them...

Finally, will there be an option to have a cheaper Rögnir headphone equipped with a stock "non Custom" (less luxurious) cable, like the one currently fitted to the Thekk and the Wodan in stock, and which is already a very good base cable?
Our idea is that we offer Rognir with a great cable that was designed and built specifically to work together and provide perfect synergy. And we do not want to offer the Rognir with a simpler cable that will sound inferior. In that case someone will be able to say that they are not happy with the sound. And in that case someone will buy cables from the competitors. And I want the customer to get the best set possible at once. Of course, in this case I will leave little chance for third-party cable manufacturers. But then again, I respect them, but I want to earn my own money on cables, too. Why not, right?

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #4,297 of 10,026

Wow.

Thank you very much, Valentin, for these quick clarifications to my questions. :)

The Rögnir will be a great closed-back planar headphone; no doubt about it; and the price seems very competitive to me.

Reinforced honeycomb membrane, and carbon frame for the planar drivers (as with the Thekk), but with a confidential membrane thickness for the moment.

I fully understand that some "sensitive" data (still) remains confidential.

Finally, what types of wood will you suggest for the Rögnir cups?

And this famous metal equipping the conductors of specifc Custom cable which will equip the Rögnir?
Classified as a defense secret in Russia? :beyersmile:

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #4,298 of 10,026
Thanks, Valentin, that was very helpful! I'm glad to hear that you've provided a ton of helpful info about the Rögnir. I'm looking forward to its (imminent) arrival.

By the way, will you be making limited edition runs of the Rögnir? For example, with various types of wood? Some (or most) of your work belong in an art gallery as much as it does on someone's head. :)

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #4,299 of 10,026
Wow I was afraid of a higher price 2850€ is really nice.

Certainly keeping my interest here. Now hoping do a beautiful dark wood

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #4,300 of 10,026
Hello Eric,
my answers are below:

2850 Euros. It is cheaper than Thror, and a bit more expensive than Thekk.
We wanted to do it at the end of January. But we got a little excited. It will probably happen a little later, in the middle or end of February. I'll try to explain why that is. Rognir already exists. But very few of them are made. And we need more time to make more in stock so as not to offend any of our distributors.

I think the driver and diaphragm image from Thror or Thekk would be fine for this. Externally, you won't notice any difference. The main difference is in the diaphragm material itself and in its thickness. Let me not publish more specific data yet. I'm sorry, but there is something in this data that I don't want to share with the competitors. I respect them, but I don't really want to help them...

Our idea is that we offer Rognir with a great cable that was designed and built specifically to work together and provide perfect synergy. And we do not want to offer the Rognir with a simpler cable that will sound inferior. In that case someone will be able to say that they are not happy with the sound. And in that case someone will buy cables from the competitors. And I want the customer to get the best set possible at once. Of course, in this case I will leave little chance for third-party cable manufacturers. But then again, I respect them, but I want to earn my own money on cables, too. Why not, right?

Hi to all.

Thinking made, the announced price of the Rögnir (2.850 Euros), which should be equipped in stock with a very beautiful and luxurious cable specific (synergistic) to this headphone, seems to me very competitive compared to its two main competitors:

In electrodynamic technology, of course the Focal Stellia (a French 3K electrodynamic closed-back headphone) whose luxury and "French" technology are the strong points of this headphone.
In planar technology, the Hifiman HE-R10P, a Chinese closed-back planar headphone, that sets the bar very high for the ... price; a little less for the originality of the wooden cups, already seen elsewhere ...

Kennerton is a luxury brand "à la russe", with the know-how of Kennerton, now an expert in good sounds ("Kenner" "Tone" in German), and not hesitating to use sometimes bold technologies and original acoustic designs which have so far rarely disappointed us.

Let's bet that the Kennerton Rögnir will be a great vintage in terms of headphones for this year 2021, full of very nice promises. :)

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,301 of 10,026

Thanks! @VKazanzhi I believe I’m set for Rognir. Can’t wait for the launch :relaxed:

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #4,302 of 10,026
At first I thought I might be getting a Thekk for the recent 'new year discount' for the limited edition headphones, but knowing that the Rognir is coming very soon, decided to wait and get the Rognir first. After all, I have many pairs of Kennerton open-back Planars already.

I'm getting the Rognir for sure. Probably as soon as it is released.

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #4,303 of 10,026
At first I thought I might be getting a Thekk for the recent 'new year discount' for the limited edition headphones, but knowing that the Rognir is coming very soon, decided to wait and get the Rognir first. After all, I have many pairs of Kennerton open-back Planars already.

I'm getting the Rognir for sure. Probably as soon as it is released.

Great.

The soul of the collector and the pioneer united. :)

We will look forward to the photos of the newborn to come, as well, of course some much awaited comments (first impressions, compared in particular with your Thror (open orthodynamic (planar) headphones) and your Gjallarhorn JM Edition (closed-back electrodynamic headphones)).

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #4,304 of 10,026
Hi guys, just made a quick and cheap fix for my Kennerton Vali with 1€ adhesive felt to avoid that the metal touches the wood.

IMG_20210121_122147_1.jpg

By the way, Im on the hunt of a pair of Kennerton Magni and I have a doubt. Is there any differences in terms of sound between the V2 and V3 version?
Thanks in advance.

Jan 21, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #4,305 of 10,026
By the way, Im on the hunt of a pair of Kennerton Magni and I have a doubt. Is there any differences in terms of sound between the V2 and V3 version?
Thanks in advance.

Hi.

The V3 version of the Magni would be preferable to the V2 (and V1) version because it uses a solid wood structure that would eliminate some intermediate resonant plastic parts at the junction of the cups and the driver. The sound would be cleaner and more balanced.

For the FR graph below, made by the RAA measurement site, do not take into account the frequency peak at 5.5 Khz, it is a notorious measurement artifact, for example found in all Focal headphones.

21012101332423553817223118.jpg

PS: Review to read on the Magni V3 showing the physical differences between the two other versions (V1 and V2) : https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-magni-review/

kennerton-magni-all-3-versions_small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back