Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 20, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #331 of 10,023

ithilienrp

Nice set (headphones + camera)  ; great!
I love photography, too (Nikon D300S + Nikkor 85 mm AF-S N f/1.4 G), and listening with headphones, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #332 of 10,023
Odins + photo hobby - seems like trend, I have Canon 70d ))

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #333 of 10,023

ithilienrp

Nice set (headphones + camera)  ; great!
I love photography, too (Nikon D300S + Nikkor 85 mm AF-S N f/1.4 G), and listening with headphones, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Odins + photo hobby - seems like trend, I have Canon 70d ))

Wow. Nice to see/get knowing people who have things in common. I also have a Nikon D800 and Df (and a cabin full of lenses for all systems). Was really into serious photography for a long while.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #334 of 10,023

Wow. Nice to see/get knowing people who have things in common. I also have a Nikon D800 and Df (and a cabin full of lenses for all systems). Was really into serious photography for a long while.

Wink,

Me too ... (selfie by miror)

Nikon D300s 85 mm f/1.8 Iso 800 (1/800")

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #336 of 10,023
Check my avatar........
wink_face.gif

Your selfie ? you were pilot ?
wink_face.gif

Otherwise,

Why the Abyss and the Odin seem favorite compared to the Stax SR-009 (on HCFR, in french)

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178778235.html#p178778235
and translation:
By Superfred21:
" I read with interest the little report on the Odin of Ali Pacha.
Overall some points have surprised me on the impact (slam) of the bass between the Stax SR 009 vs Odin despite the fact that SR 009 demerit not far away.
Moreover, for my part, there are not "photo to decide". Odin, impact a little more. The album Master of Chinese Percussion, Vol. 1, Yim, Hok-man, that I use for my tests of impacts of bass to headphones, seems interesting (nb: the abyss, on this album, is simply phenomenal)

Afterwards, we go on the verge of major discrepancy between me and Ali Pacha which refers us finally to differences between E-stat or Planar.

Again, from my point of view, these are Stax that sometimes give me the feeling hear music performed more beautiful than it is in reality.
Some Planar, on the contrary, provide me a more palpable sense of music without this Ethereal side that I appreciate. Also, for having listen all the Stax / Orpheus headphones in hand, I appreciate this quick side, air and this feeling of lightness of the notes ; but, to the use, the more land-based approach of the planars, more tangible, makes me prefer the latters which give me the impression, on the contrary, of the E-stat approach, to have a proximity with the music that I have less with electrostatics. For comfort it actually depends a lot of the morphology."

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178778735.html#p178778735
and translation:
By Skywalkerciel:
"Yes, Eric, I reconfirm my impressions about the 009. It "suffers" for me analytical and "surgical" precision which is not reality. The formulation of superfred21 (above) is exactly what I felt and is correct in my opinion.

In my ranking, with the installation of Pierre, (VIVA Egoista) this is the Abyss which is located at the top of the pyramid followed very close by the Odin and then the 009.
Odin is the only challenger of the Abyss currently in my opinion, these two headphones are at a level of comparable musical realism. This is printing and the signature sound then which will decide the choice will be. I leave aside the criteria "tariff', of the two "bestial" (Odin an Abyss), in my choice even if it is fundamental for many of us: lol:

Otherwise, the Magister on the other hand, with its current tariff, is a real deal for who wants to develop a second headphone (nomadic?) with a level really very very respectable."

I agree with these two opinions.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #337 of 10,023
Well...took me a while to skimp through the thread.

Off-topic but US head-fiers don't usually buy Rudistor amps...good to see them got mentioned (RP8 user myself). RP1000 and RP2000 are still among the best sounding headphone amps for the older models(HD650,DT880,DT990,K701 etc). The problem is they came out before a lot of top-of-line headphones got out, hence not designed for them. The recent amps (RP8KVT,RP3KSS) are taking approaches that are different from the earlier ones(RP6/7/8, RP010b). More "hi-finess", less Rudistor sound signature. Can't say good or bad but I particularly liked Rudistor sound signature. Hope they can finally come out a with a RP1000/RP2000 level product that designed for modern planar/dynamic headphones.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #338 of 10,023
  Well...took me a while to skimp through the thread.

Off-topic but US head-fiers don't usually buy Rudistor amps...good to see them got mentioned (RP8 user myself). RP1000 and RP2000 are still among the best sounding headphone amps for the older models(HD650,DT880,DT990,K701 etc). The problem is they came out before a lot of top-of-line headphones got out, hence not designed for them. The recent amps (RP8KVT,RP3KSS) are taking approaches that are different from the earlier ones(RP6/7/8, RP010b). More "hi-finess", less Rudistor sound signature. Can't say good or bad but I particularly liked Rudistor sound signature. Hope they can finally come out a with a RP1000/RP2000 level product that designed for modern planar/dynamic headphones.

Hello,

Thank you for your appreciation on Rudistor amplifiers (old and new generation)

For all I know, now, the gain and the power of the last generation of Rudistor's amplifiers (RP8K-VT (hybrid) and RP3K-SS)  are insufficient to drive with enough voltage amplitude an Abyss or HE-6; on the other hand, they are "perfect" to drive a Kennerton Odin or an Audeze LCD (X-3-4); compared to the RP030, they would have more dynamic bass (with a large toroidal power transformer) (all that there is more hard-hitting with Odin, for example) and would be more transparent, while preserving the beautiful quality of "timbre" of  the "Rudistor sound".
Finally, and most importantly, they are very noiseless (no unwanted noise in the silences, including with very sensitive headphones and low impedance: LCD-X, Odin ...).

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #340 of 10,023
  Me having enough to order these is so close I can taste it 
smile.gif

yeah ...; are you the first American to order an Odin? 
A heavy responsibility!  
smile.gif

Otherwise, small production and high demand (in France); as a result, K. Odin waiting times are passed, in France, from 2 months to 4 months! Patience, therefore.
Otherwise, my K. Odin is the 18th copy to being produced, on 50 or 60 pieces currently avaible in the world?

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #344 of 10,023
No worries? Come on lol youve been around for a while now. I myself have yet to hear a fully open back planar but I have heard plenty of semi like pm2, all the audeze and most of the hifiman models and what worries me is that I don't like the 3blob imaging of planars. Now that's just from auditions so other than the pm2, I haven't spent enough time with them to know whether or not I could simply get over it. From what I've read about the he1000 however is that it images differently to the other planars so I'm intrigued by it. Am I right in saying that I've read that the Odin has more of an in head image than outside?

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #345 of 10,023
No worries? Come on lol youve been around for a while now. I myself have yet to hear a fully open back planar but I have heard plenty of semi like pm2, all the audeze and most of the hifiman models and what worries me is that I don't like the 3blob imaging of planars. Now that's just from auditions so other than the pm2, I haven't spent enough time with them to know whether or not I could simply get over it. From what I've read about the he1000 however is that it images differently to the other planars so I'm intrigued by it. Am I right in saying that I've read that the Odin has more of an in head image than outside?

Hello,
The image of the K. Odin is linear, drawn "au cordeau" straight, between the left ear and right ear, not very large, but very accurate for placement and the contour of the instruments.
The image of the HE-1000 would be wider, but also more blurred, less accurate, and sometimes located behind the ears, which can surprise (according to dub (in french: http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178739358.html#p178739358) that has tested extensively both headphones; he criticized also (at HE-1000) a certain staining of the timbre, pleasant to hear, but not true (not realistic), and a certain lack of dynamism, always compared to the Odin).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back