Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 23, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #3,421 of 10,116
Sep 23, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #3,423 of 10,116
Do you think shallow 8mm leather pool cue tips would work?
I think they will- the best thing is you can try and not do any harm- just make sure you are careful not to touch driver and allow for free movement of that driver but at same time make sure you dont put it too high where frame is flat (it will make fabric raise up on that circular metal cover with fabric- you will see it when u open it up- its ez- the bass carpet is also a must imho allowing custom bass port by using same carpet cut to stuff in the port or keep one port empty- or both ports open- or both ports closed - you can tailor the sound once you remove the carpet-
thumbddnail.jpg

Sep 23, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,425 of 10,116
I think they will- the best thing is you can try and not do any harm- just make sure you are careful not to touch driver and allow for free movement of that driver but at same time make sure you dont put it too high where frame is flat (it will make fabric raise up on that circular metal cover with fabric- you will see it when u open it up- its ez- the bass carpet is also a must imho allowing custom bass port by using same carpet cut to stuff in the port or keep one port empty- or both ports open- or both ports closed - you can tailor the sound once you remove the carpet-thumbddnail.jpg
Great. Thanks so much for the info.

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #3,426 of 10,116
Sep 23, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #3,427 of 10,116
something thin like this
61qVjDXL9lL._AC_SL1296_.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #3,428 of 10,116
Let's talk Amplifiers! (As they relate to Kennerton planars)

Class A solidstate vs Tube.

Cheers

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #3,429 of 10,116
...or Kennerton non planars!

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #3,430 of 10,116
Hello everyone, in preliminary listening, the Gjallarhorn would outclass the Magni V3, according to Pierre Paya, the French importer of Kennerton headphones in France; other comparative listening will follow as well as other comparisons with this very good closed-back headphone. :)

source: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=7070#p7070

yNWve.jpg

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #3,431 of 10,116
If I understand correctly, writing to Walter Liederman (Underwood Hifi) wrote me that their LS HP 1 is equivalent in terms of price to a $ 2,800 Kennerton. Looking at the Kennerton price list, I see that the headset that stands at $ 2800 is the Thekk. I ask you and those who have had the opportunity to listen to them .......... what changes between the LS HP1 and the Kennerton Thekk, or at least what changes ONLY IN TERMS OF SOUND, between the LS HP1 and the Kennerton. Thank you

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #3,432 of 10,116
If I understand correctly, writing to Walter Liederman (Underwood Hifi) wrote me that their LS HP 1 is equivalent in terms of price to a $ 2,800 Kennerton. Looking at the Kennerton price list, I see that the headset that stands at $ 2800 is the Thekk. I ask you and those who have had the opportunity to listen to them .......... what changes between the LS HP1 and the Kennerton Thekk, or at least what changes ONLY IN TERMS OF SOUND, between the LS HP1 and the Kennerton. Thank you

Hi.

Don't forget that the Kennerton Thekk uses the same high-tech planar driver, with a carbon fiber frame, as the Thror (but with a different tone setting, giving more fullness sound to the Thekk versus Thror), while the LSA HP-1 uses the slightly less high-tech driver of the Odin mk3 Thridi, the new Odin 2019 and the Wodan, with a metal frame.
But it is true that the LSA HP-1 takes the very open cups of the Thekk.

The sound of Thekk surpasses that of the Odin mk3 Thridi, for its openness, its aeration, its precision, in particular of the soundstage, and the distance compared to the instruments: soundstage presentation less frontal.

Odin-Driver.jpg

Metal frame driver equipping the Odin mk3 (Thridi), Odin 2019, Wodan, LSA HP-1.

driver.jpg

Carbon frame driver equipping the Thekk and the Thror.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #3,433 of 10,116
...the Gjallarhorn would outclass the Magni V3...
outclass in every respect, not only fun and bass, but also in the analytical presentation? If the drivers are the same, I would find it difficult to understand this. The decisive factor is of course the result on the ear.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #3,434 of 10,116
Walter claims that LSA HP1 is constructively similar to ODIN, but sounds almost like Thekk. I ask: On what are LSA Hp1 and Thekk different? Or reversing the question I ask if LSA HP1 sounds at this point as a cross between Odin and Thekk?

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #3,435 of 10,116
outclass in every respect, not only fun and bass, but also in the analytical presentation? If the drivers are the same, I would find it difficult to understand this. The decisive factor is of course the result on the ear.

Hi.

Even though the drivers are the same (between the Gjallarhorn and the Magni), tell yourself that the "Horn" can also make all the difference between these two headphones.

Not to mention that two other headphones having the same "carbon" planar driver such as Thekk and Thror, admittedly of the same technicality, sound quite different from each other due to an implementation and a "setting " different. Listening to these two planar headphones is quite different, to the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back