Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 19, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #3,361 of 10,023
I am intrigued by the Gjallarhorn. i would love to hear them with out forking out the cash beforehand on a unknown to my ears.

Sep 19, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #3,362 of 10,023
I took the plunge. Glad I did. Shame you are the other side of the pond... Can't promise it's perfect for everyone, I expected it to sound dark but it has extended fr and plays well at low volumes too, which is important for me. Only criticism with build design is that the cable is at the base. It needs to be moved further forward so the cable does not touch the shoulders...

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_144127.jpg
    IMG_20200915_144127.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #3,363 of 10,023
I took the plunge. Glad I did. Shame you are the other side of the pond... Can't promise it's perfect for everyone, I expected it to sound dark but it has extended fr and plays well at low volumes too, which is important for me. Only criticism with build design is that the cable is at the base. It needs to be moved further forward so the cable does not touch the shoulders...
they should , moving location of the cable connection - maybe angled in front similar to the Wodan design -I agree

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3,364 of 10,023
This could actually turn out to be a deal breaker for me.

This has always bothered me on the HE 400

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #3,365 of 10,023
Sep 20, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #3,366 of 10,023
I just care how it sounds
I used to do as well, but with more and more years in the hobby the complete package counts.

As of now the Meze Empyrean fits my needs the most

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #3,368 of 10,023
very minimal at nominal volume- best closed back I ever heard period

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #3,369 of 10,023
I used to do as well, but with more and more years in the hobby the complete package counts.

As of now the Meze Empyrean fits my needs the most.

Hi.

But the Meze Empyrean is much more expensive than the Kennerton Gjallarhorn; not to mention the technologies employed and the radically different constructions between these two headphones (open/closed; orthodynamic/electrodynamic).

A comparison between the Meze Empyrean and the Kennerton Thekk, of comparable technology and price would be much more relevant.

The Thekk is a versatile headphones par excellence, which can be customized as desired, just as attractive as a Meze Empyrean, with perhaps even more precision.
On symphonic Metal music it is excellent; in fact it is very good in all musical genres. :)

19112712593523553816529530.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #3,371 of 10,023
I agree cable Position isn’t that bad for mobility or hitting my shoulders at all but for future They should move em a little wouldn’t be a bad idea

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #3,372 of 10,023
For the tube lovers!

I need some feedback on why I should go tube for my Thridi. My only experience is with my HD6XX and a Bottlehead Crack.

I really like the Crack/ HD6XX combo!

Cheers

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #3,373 of 10,023
Hello everyone.

What can you do one morning, in rainy weather, and with nothing to do?
Well, listen to symphonic and lyrical music, with your favorite headphones.
But a somewhat special symphonic genre ...

Tell yourself that the PCM sound format (less compressed and more consistent, dynamic and defined of a Blu-ray medium) is very noticeably better than the compressed sound (and picture) of this YouTube video below.

With my large Panasonic screen, with the Blu-ray, whether eyes closed or on the contrary wide open eyes, with my Thekk headphones plugged into the Viva 2A3 amp, the sound is grandiose, "full", and transmits perfectly, completely, all the atmosphere and the emotion of this Live concert by this Finnish band Nightwish of symphonic music ... metal!

Enjoy with "The Poet And The Pendulum"! :)

20091211254223553817020117.jpg

Note: sorry for the dust on the top of the dac :beyersmile:

EDIT: Floor is a singer with a powerful voice, incredible in her versatility, ranging from a hoarse and deep voice, to the wild and bestial growl (sound of Floor's voice in the first video below), to the the highest and purest voice of Mezzo-soprano (sound of Floor's voice in the second video); just as the Thekk, a powerful and versatile headphones par excellence, is capable of reproducing it ... I am very impressed!

EDIT bis: For anyone who doesn't have the Blu-ray of those two fantastic Nightwish "Vehicle Of Spirit" Live concerts, well, no need to break the bank on a super high-end amplifier, for your favorite Kennerton headphones, if you accept the mp3 sound quality of these YouTube videos; well the sound card of this desktop computer is enough to power with conviction my Thekk headphones with a sensitivity of 100 dB / 1 mW (@ 40 Ohms); the sound is really pleasant, surprising for the quality and the pleasure provided.
Enjoy again! :)

20092110150423553817029078.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back