Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 21, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #2,746 of 10,023
New Kennerton headphone! ...

https://kennerton.com/shop/wodan-curly-maple/

Anyone know anything about it???
wodan-curly-Maple.jpg

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #2,747 of 10,023
Feb 22, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #2,748 of 10,023
Are you sure?
The website says ...
"... Every aspect of Kennerton Wodan, the newest planar-magnetic headphone, is designed to achieve maximum performance in the speed of music performance. ..."

And the wood design looks totally different.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #2,749 of 10,023
Are you sure?

Description from Russian site:
Wodan is the middle name of "All Father" in Scandinavian mythology, which appears in different guises.
Now he is in the guise of a sage who knows, sees and hears everything.

'All Father' is Odin
'different guises' - Wodan

I think it's like the Kennerton Odin/Thridi -> Kennerton Odin/Wodan

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #2,751 of 10,023
I can send any available model from Russia if someone wishes

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #2,753 of 10,023
Mar 11, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #2,754 of 10,023
For anyone in the US, you should take a look at the new LSA HP-1 being released towards the end of March. It definitely has the Kennerton Audio flavor to it. Sorry I could not get a copy of it to post but it is the latest lighter design.

Mar 17, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #2,756 of 10,023
I bought Audio-GD D-28.38 full upgraded and Thekk sounds fantastic with him! Very adult and thoroughbred sound

I have Sony TA-ZH1ES and D-28.38 wins in all aspects of sound although it costs 2 times cheaper.

Yes, Sony looks much more premium and has many outputs, but this is where its merits end.

E2EA3890-EF5B-4C71-BC6D-70F9506E607B_1_105_c.jpeg

Mar 18, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #2,757 of 10,023
I hope all Kennerton fans here are well, in these 'interesting times'...Eric, as a physician(?) you must be very busy. I hope everyone is healthy.

Hi andrew, and many thanks. :)

Yes, I'm a doctor (physician).

In France we are in a state of war against the Covid 19 virus, according to our government and in the fact.

The entire French population is confined to their homes, with a strict ban on leaving, except (and with permission) for :
Going to buy food.
Going to see one's doctor (of which I am a member).
Going to see your pharmacist
Go to the Bank
Taking your dog out (smile)
Jogging close to home, but alone.

I work with an FFP2 mask and disinfect my hands between each patient (NB: 19 out of 20 patients came to see me yesterday).
Sick people (fever > 38°5 C and with coughing should stay at home and not consult their doctor, and in case of severity (respiratory discomfort), can contact the emergency phone number for specialized hospital care, but only in case of signs of severity).

Even if it's off-topic, we discussed a little bit together (about this viral pandemic) in the French headphones forum, at the following link: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=5119#p5119

I wish you all good health, and above all, because we are all concerned in the world, in all countries, to take the strong barrier measures (to stop the spread of the virus) that are necessary, all of us, individually and collectively.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #2,759 of 10,023
Not sure what to think of that.

I like the Thekk, but they don't replace my Odin's. The Thekk is more airy and refined, but the Odin sounds more visceral, immediate, packs a punch. Been listening to the old Odin more lately.

I hope everyone here--especially Eric-- is holding up OK in this time of crisis. Or anyone else in the medical/helping professions on the 'front line.' Take care out there.

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #2,760 of 10,023
Not sure what to think of that.

I like the Thekk, but they don't replace my Odin's. The Thekk is more airy and refined, but the Odin sounds more visceral, immediate, packs a punch. Been listening to the old Odin more lately.

I hope everyone here--especially Eric-- is holding up OK in this time of crisis. Or anyone else in the medical/helping professions on the 'front line.' Take care out there.

Hi Andrew.

I'm fine, although the situation in Europe is most alarming...

The Odin mk1 and mk2 are very well suited for rock, and very dynamic music, probably better than the Thekk (apart from its weight), but for classical music, for pop music and for vocals, I prefer the Thekk, more precise, more airy, more just and natural for the timbres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back