Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #2,671 of 10,023
My in-depth written review about Thror Palisander is live now!

I should apologize for being this late, but they took a TON of burn-in to get to their potential, to have the magical dynamics and punch I found them to have :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/01/a-mature-design-kennerton-thror-palisander-headphones.html

Kennerton-Thror-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Flagship-Fischer-Audio-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-21.jpg

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #2,672 of 10,023

I should apologize for being this late, but they took a TON of burn-in to get to their potential, to have the magical dynamics and punch I found them to have :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/01/a-mature-design-kennerton-thror-palisander-headphones.html

Kennerton-Thror-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Flagship-Fischer-Audio-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-21.jpg

@Dobrescu George,

Great work & good read as always !

Love how studry wood box it comes in looks.

Keep up the good work !

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #2,674 of 10,023

Finally my Thror review, almost exactly one year after the Odin review. But Thror does get the honor of being the first full sized headphone to be reviewed in 2020. :)

https://www.headfonia.com/kennerton-thror-review/

Good morning, everyone.

Thank you both for these two new Thror reviews. :)

While waiting for Pierre Paya's much awaited YouTube video on the Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton's latest prodigy (on the French forum Musique-0-Casque), well we are currently witnessing a counter-attack of the Kennerton Thror on Head-Fi.

KENNERTON - EPISODE V - THE THROR STRIKES BACK ! :beyersmile:

Kennerton-Thror-2.jpg

https://www.headfonia.com/kennerton...Y9e03MMxSXIYR65wfQWJjg3z6bMs7mwA5xKzGRpShRl9s

Enjoy your reading. :)

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #2,675 of 10,023
Finally my Thror review, almost exactly one year after the Odin review. But Thror does get the honor of being the first full sized headphone to be reviewed in 2020. :)

https://www.headfonia.com/kennerton-thror-review/

Quote : "
Conclusion

Thror is a reference headphone with a very special and unique tuning. To me Thror is the reference version of Odin with a more neutral, clear, clean, precise and lighter tuning.

What I personally love in Thror is the clean and clear sound, the fast and precise delivery, the bass precision and the energetic treble extension. Thror is a more neutrally tuned, lighter sounding flagship and isn’t the kind of headphone that will easily please fans of a warm, smooth and thicker sound. It perfectly executes how it was tuned by its designer and I am sure many people will love this typical sound signature.

I do think we will see another evolution of this flagship in the future. One which will combine the technical level and excellence of Thror with the body and impact of the Odin, and the smoothness of the RAD-O and HE-1000SE. Let’s see in January of next year if I was right. "

Remember that the Thekk is the PRO version of the Thror, or better yet, the evolutionary and improved version that succeeds the Thror and which provides both the same degree of technicality of the Thror, but also a more pleasant listening experience with a fuller and even more natural sound than the Thror.
Maybe it's just the Kennerton Thekk, the next evolution expected by some, of the current Kennerton flagship, the Thror ?! :beyersmile::)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #2,676 of 10,023
Hi all.

News at Kennerton products is always very rich, as usual! :beyersmile::)

Here are two new YouTube videos shot by the now famous William Murdock who is starting to make a name for himself on his YouTube channel.

Video about the election of the best headphones of the year 2019 (tried by William) for it price.
Winner: The Kennerton Magni! :)

Video concerning the complete test of the New Odin 2019, the cheapest of the Kennerton range for planar headphones, but also the heaviest (after the Odin mk2).

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #2,677 of 10,023
Jan 8, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #2,678 of 10,023
My pair of Kennerton Thror's took over 800 hours to really sound their best. I still think they have more in them. The sound changed radically around the 500 hour mark. They have almost Abyss level bass, however the most interesting aspect of them is the musicality. I have not heard a Headphone with as much musicality for a long time. They put the Audeze LCD-4 & 4Z to shame. You get amazing clarity as well as a thunderous bottom end. I started using them with my valve amps (Woo 234 MKII's) with Takatsuki 300B's & 274B's as rectifier's. I changed them on to the MSB Reference HP Amp which really took them to another level.

Tomorrow my Synergistic Research Orange fuses arrive which will make a big difference. I have already tried one in my Taiko Extreme. I expected it to take some time before I I could hear a difference, but I was shocked from the moment I installed the fuse then.sat down to listen, the bass output, pitch & definition immediately improved as well as an all round improvement. Normally I steer clear of these types of mods but this was really something. I expect to be shocked again tomorrow when I do the entire system.

Kennerton Thror.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #2,679 of 10,023
Good morning all.

Last night, I visualized and listened to the blu-ray of the Russian ballet Swan Lake on Tchaikovsky's orchestral music, both with the Kennerton Thror headphones and the Kennerton Thekk headphones; in fact, much more with Thekk! :)
The two headphones plugged into my Viva 2A3 amp.
The Blu-ray (in full HD) viewed on my large 165 cm panasonic plasma screen.

20010807534223553816592316.jpg

20010801273723553816592605.jpg

20010801273723553816592606.jpg

Simply magical! :)

Thror is interesting to listen to for this ballet by its light, lively and airy character which goes well with the dancers of this ballet, also light, lively and aerial ...
But the Thekk, on the musical level, sounds like even more just and natural by the fullness of the timbres brought to all the instruments: stringed instruments such as the big harp, the violin, the cello and the double bass (which sound with body ), wind (including the woodwinds and various flutes), the brass instruments (including the trumpet) which sound with warmth, as well as the percussions.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #2,680 of 10,023
My pair of Kennerton Thror's took over 800 hours to really sound their best. I still think they have more in them. The sound changed radically around the 500 hour mark. They have almost Abyss level bass, however the most interesting aspect of them is the musicality. I have not heard a Headphone with as much musicality for a long time. They put the Audeze LCD-4 & 4Z to shame. You get amazing clarity as well as a thunderous bottom end. I started using them with my valve amps (Woo 234 MKII's) with Takatsuki 300B's & 274B's as rectifier's. I changed them on to the MSB Reference HP Amp which really took them to another level.

Tomorrow my Synergistic Research Orange fuses arrive which will make a big difference. I have already tried one in my Taiko Extreme. I expected it to take some time before I I could hear a difference, but I was shocked from the moment I installed the fuse then.sat down to listen, the bass output, pitch & definition immediately improved as well as an all round improvement. Normally I steer clear of these types of mods but this was really something. I expect to be shocked again tomorrow when I do the entire system.

Wow!
500 hours, then 800 hours: I'm very far from the count for my two high-end Kennerton planar headphones: the Thror, and especially now my last headphones, the Thekk: what happiness to wait for the future! :)

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #2,681 of 10,023
Hi all

Kennerton Magni test by a Polish reviewer.

http://stereoikolorowo.blogspot.com/2020/01/suchawki-kennerton-magni.html

And the conclusion of this test (from google translate):
" Conclusion
The new Kennerton Magni headphones are very solidly built from first-class and natural materials (shell wood, steel, aluminum, sheep's leather). A slightly vintage design, but this is appearances. Technologically, the headphones belong to a very high league. And this is due to the use of an allotropic variety of graphene carbon to spray mylar transducer membranes. Nobody has ever tried or produced this in hi-fi audio. As a result, an extremely coherent and expressive sound was obtained, manifested by high tonal plasticity and excellent energy exposure. A higher degree of sound saturation, as well as a generally more mature sound can be obtained only after the use of full-size headphone amplifiers (during the test it was e.g. the Little Dot MKIV tube and SPL Phonitor xe transistor). To sum up, it can be written that the Russian headphones Kennerton Magni is a pure high-tech sound hidden in an old-school shell. Recommendation! "

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,682 of 10,023
The Thekk has arrived! Just out of the box so far, it sounds great. (They look and feel great too, and the carry case is wonderful). Thank you Valentin and crew!

Very first impressions, compared to my Odin: The Thekk midrange sounds a little more transparent/more linear/neutral; the top end sounds more refined, and overall it sounds like more of a black background/less distortion on the Thekk as well. I look forward to getting to know them. And yes, they are easy to wear and comfortable!

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #2,683 of 10,023
The Thekk has arrived! Just out of the box so far, it sounds great. (They look and feel great too, and the carry case is wonderful). Thank you Valentin and crew!

Very first impressions, compared to my Odin: The Thekk midrange sounds a little more transparent/more linear/neutral; the top end sounds more refined, and overall it sounds like more of a black background/less distortion on the Thekk as well. I look forward to getting to know them. And yes, they are easy to wear and comfortable!

Super Andrew!

For better wearing of the Thekk, try turning the earpads to adjust the front seam of the pads in projection on the line of your eyes, slightly up and forward.

Otherwise, enjoy the music ; of all types of music.

Good discovery ! :)

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #2,684 of 10,023
Good morning, everyone.

20011110233123553816596549.jpg

RAA measurements (artificial head)

20011110242623553816596550.jpg

Other Kennerton Thekk measurement (flat baffle).

For all those who would think that the Thekk lacks bass and extension in the sub-bass, here are my own measurements of the Kennerton Thekk versus the Thror and the Odin mk2, measured on the same measuring platform, a flat baffle consisting of the leather seat of my sofa and the use of a professional portable measuring microphone PHONIC PAA3: dynamic range: 30 to 90 dB SPL; each horizontal line corresponds to a sound level difference of 10 dB SPL (floor at 30 dB SPL).
The left-most vertical bar corresponds to the global SPL (all frequency) and reflects the difference in average sensitivity of the 3 headphones listened to on the same amplifier (pink noise) with the same volume position of the amplifier knob for the 3 headphones (Nb: the Odin being the headphone with the highest average measured sensitivity: 97.5 dB SPL; the Thror, having the lowest sensitivity measured: 93 db SPL).
The measurement trough at 6 KHz is probably a measurement artifact; on the other hand, the frequency peak around 9-10 KHz is well present.
To obtain a good seal of the pads on the measuring rod, I exerted a rather strong pressure on the pads, as you can see on the pictures.

20011110025523553816596502.jpg

20011110025523553816596501.jpg

Kennerton Odin mk2

20011110025423553816596499.jpg

Kennerton Thror

20011110025523553816596500.jpg

Kennerton Thekk

EDIT: 3 new measurements of the same Kennerton headphones (Odin mk2/Thror/Thekk), with a pink noise level 10 dB SPL higher than in the first measurements above, to further improve the signal-to-noise ratio, especially in the sub-bass.
(NB: Measured frequencies: 20 Hz/25 Hz/31.5 Hz/40 Hz/50 Hz/63 Hz/80 Hz/100 Hz/125 Hz/160 Hz/200 Hz/250 Hz/315 Hz/400 Hz/500 Hz/ 630 Hz/ 800 Hz/ 1 Khz ... etc.).

20011102543723553816596863.jpg

Kennerton Odin mk2

20011101074623553816596692.jpg

Kennerton Thror

20011101074623553816596691.jpg

Kennerton Thekk

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #2,685 of 10,023
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back