Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 24, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #2,641 of 10,023
So they are different.)) From what I can hear well this is a very spacious and voluminous soundstage.
With all respect. I don't want to offend anyone, but I like Vali only on rock music and metal. For symphonic music it is better to buy isodynamic models from Kennerton.

The Odin is also great for listening rock music and metal, but for the symphonic music, the Thror and the Thekk are better, more polyvalent for listening all musical genres.

For me, to listening Hans Zimmer live (rock) concert, with dynamic and fun for the one but also with a lot of details (more accuracy) for the other, choose the Odin and the Thekk headphones, in priority, and with more affordable budget, but with less sound details, the Vali (old or new, to test).
To listening Hans Zimmer (Classical) symphonic concert, with airing, precision and neutrality, choose to the Thror, and even better (for me) the Thekk, more full and complete for the sound.

Dec 24, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #2,642 of 10,023
The Odin is also great for listening rock music and metal, but for the symphonic music, the Thror and the Thekk are better, more polyvalent for listening all musical genres.

For me, to listening Hans Zimmer live (rock) concert, with dynamic and fun for the one but also with a lot of details (more accuracy) for the other, choose the Odin and the Thekk headphones, in priority, and with more affordable budget, but with less sound details, the Vali (old or new, to test).
To listening Hans Zimmer (Classical) symphonic concert, with airing, precision and neutrality, choose to the Thror, and even better (for me) the Thekk, more full and complete for the sound.
I agree with you. Odin I also listened, but did not own. I like dynamic headphones more than others. You could say I'm a fan of electrodynamics.:) For sophisticated genres of music, I use Focal Elegia.

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #2,644 of 10,023
Hi gents! I got some nice photos from Kennerton to share all credits to VKanzanzhi! Let's reply in this thread which is are combination you like the most!

Wooden Cups

1) Aged Dark Ash (High Gloss)
Aged_Dark_Ash__High_Gloss.jpg

2) Aged Dark Maple (High Gloss)
Aged_Dark_Ash__High_Gloss.jpg

3) Brazilian Palisander (High Gloss)
Brazilian_Palisander__High_Gloss.jpg

4) Bubinga (High Gloss)
Bubinga__High_Gloss.jpg

5) Mahogany (High Gloss)
Mahogany__High_Gloss.jpg

6) Maple (High Gloss)
Maple_High_Gloss.jpg

7) Padauk (High Gloss)
Padauk_High_Gloss.jpg

8) Purple Heart (High Gloss)
Purple_Heart__High_Gloss.jpg

9) Purple Heart (Slik Gloss)
Purple_Heart__Silk_Gloss.jpg

10) Purple Heart (Matt)
Purple_Heart__Matt.jpg

11) Purple Heart Armed by Ash Ring (Gloss)
Purple_Heart_armed_by_Ash_ring__Gloss.jpg

12) Zebrano (Gloss)
Zebrano__Gloss.jpg

13) Karelian Birch (Silk Gloss)
Karelian_Birch__Silk_Gloss.jpg

14) Northern Ash (Silk Gloss)
Nothern_Ash_Silk_Gloss.jpg

15) Teak (Silk Gloss)
Teak__Silk_Gloss.jpg

16) Stabilized Karelian Birch (Silk Gloss)
Stabilized_Karelian_Birch__Silk_Gloss.jpg

17) Stabilized Bog Oak (Matt)
Stabilized_Bog_Oak__Matt.jpg

18) Stabilized Ash (Matt)
Stabilized_Ash__Matt.jpg

19) Stabilized Maple (Gloss)
Stabilized_Maple__Gloss.jpg

Headbands and Ear Cups

A) Black Leather
Black_Leather_Parts.jpg

B) Brown Leather (Lambskin and Kidskin)
Brown_Leather__Lambskin_and_kidskin.jpg

C) Dark Brown leather
Dark_Brown_leather_parts.jpg

D) Grey or Green (Suede)
Grey_Green_Suede_Parts.jpg

Attachments

• Aged_Dark_Maple__High_Gloss.jpg
    Aged_Dark_Maple__High_Gloss.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Yokes_with_engraving.jpg
    Yokes_with_engraving.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Yokes_with_ceramic_coating.jpg
    Yokes_with_ceramic_coating.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,645 of 10,023
Yokes

Y1) Black with Engraving
Yokes_with_engraving.jpg

Y2) Black with Ceramic
Yokes_with_ceramic_coating.jpg

Y3) Black (Standard)
Standart_Yokes.jpg

Let's all reply to the thread which combo you like most :D For me it's 16+B+Y2!

Only if they have blue leather and sliver yokes it will be nice like what I saw on the Instagram !

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,646 of 10,023
Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,648 of 10,023
It is more than amazing! :)

It did not go unnoticed on Facebook! :beyersmile:

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/KennertonAudioEquipment/

5qkm.jpg

Hi all.

More information about this superb and original Kennerton planar headphones.

Its name is Wodan.

But, Russian first!

It is an exclusive version of the Kennerton Odin Thridi, using the Thridi drivers, but reserved exclusively for the Russian market.

Price studied for the Russian market.

It weighs only 450 g (against 580 g for the Odin Thridi and 630 g for the new Odin 2019).

19122704575323553816573770.jpg

19122704575323553816573772.jpg

19122704575323553816573771.jpg

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=112&p=2939823&viewfull=1#post2939823

Cups made entirely of wood, without metal or composite material.

Choice of suede or leather earpads.

It will be more comfortable than the Odin Thridi.

It was built to make people envious, Westerners and the French first ! :beyersmile:

Westerners will have to settle for Odin Thridi, the new Odin 2019 and the Thekk ...

I'll settle for Kennerton Thekk in stabilized Karelian birch and its only 390 g... :)

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #2,650 of 10,023
So to bring in the new year, I've ordered a Thekk in Purple Heart :) Happy New Year everyone! Bonne année!

Happy New Year's Eve, tonight in Canada (Quebec), Andrew.

So a Kennerton Thekk headphones in Purple Heart in Canada! (probably the first one).
This is an excellent news, Andrew; congratulations! :)
You shouldn't be disappointed.

The first Thekk of a long "en masse" :beyersmile: series for North America, hopefully for Kennerton.

Eric

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #2,654 of 10,023
Hi all.

Here are two measurement curves of the Kennerton Thekk FR (frequency response).

20010205125923553816580887.jpg

20010212351523553816580662.jpg

The first FR measurement curve of the Thekk (versus that of the Odin and Thror), made at the RAA measurement site with an artificial head (RAA measurement site which, by the way, forgot the "H" of the Thekk ...) and which presents two notorious measurement artefacts (because found on several headphones, including all Focal headphones and a good part of Kennerton headphones): a measurement peak at 5.5-6 KHz and a measurement trough at 8.5-9.5 KHz not found on the second measurement curve of the Thekk (made on a flat baffle).

To the ear, one can notice the obvious addition of the bass and low-midrange frequency of the Thekk versus Thror resulting in a fuller, warmer sound for all instruments (especially the cello, which sounds remarkably right with the Thekk with a very good balance between the sound of the body and the strings) and the male and female voices (also fuller and more "true"); this increased presence of the Thekk in the bass and low-midrange compared to the high-midrange, is perhaps less exact than the tonal balance proposed by the Thror (with a straighter, more rigorous FR curve), but to the ear, this fullness of the Thekk sounds both as more true, more natural and more pleasant to hear.
In a way, the Thekk in relation to the Thror would behave like the Stax SR-007 in relation to the SR-009, but keeping for the Thekk the level of definition and sonic detail of the Thror, as well as its speed.

Otherwise, contrary to what is shown on the two FR curves of the Thekk, the roll-off in the Thekk's sub-basses (under 40-50 Hz) is not obvious to hear: the Thekk seems to go down very low, with sufficient SPL level.

Knowing Andrew's (@Arcamera) tastes, well I don't think that these FR curves of the Thekk displease him .... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back