Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 12, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #1,861 of 10,023
Hi all.

Here a new pic of the Kennerton Thror, this time wooden in Palisander wood (left) next to a Thror in bog oak wood (right) (note bog oak wood probably more lightweight).

18101312293423553815939997.jpg

Oct 23, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,864 of 10,023
Hand-assembled (handcrafted) in Russia (Saint Petersburg), probably by the chief engineer himself (Max), of a very desirable Kennerton Thror (in Zebrano wood ?).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpO6q2nns10/?taken-by=max_audiomaster

The "human machine" assembling this Thror seems well oiled (and master of the situation): One could almost imagine a human automaton, with a big H for human! :beyersmile:

Bravo! :)

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,865 of 10,023
I've been venturing out into other headphones lately, just wanting to experience different flavours (and having a bit of cash to do so at the moment). I've been enjoying the HiFiMan HE1000v2, and the Audeze LCD2 classic, and even the mighty LCD4. All have their strengths and weaknesses. All are marvelous. BUT: Kennerton is the best! I come back to my Odin and Vali, and they are still overall better (for me). I should have saved my money and got a Thror...Probably still will.

In accessories, does anyone know if Kennerton has a T-Shirt? I'd proudly wear it!

Viva Kennerton! :)

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,869 of 10,023
@Sorrodje has received your headphones, the Kennerton Thror THR009 ; it seems to appreciate your headphones in first listen (quite different from the Odin mk2); we look forward to its measures that I hope to be transcribed also on head-fi.

Hi all,

Promised thing, thing due!

Here, the link to the objective measurements of @Taverius' Kennerton Thror, made by @Sorrodje (the French co-inventor, with @agnostic1er, of the Super-Dupond resonator for the HD800), are available on the web; they are have been retranscribed on the French forum at this link: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=337#p337.

These measurements of the Kennerton Thror are quite good: in particular with a very low distortion from 20 Hz to 10 KHz; the 20 Hz is reproduced at the level of 250 Hz. Sub-bass: there are some, and very clean.
You can also see at this link the CSD (Waterfall) as well as the impulse response of the Thror, compared to the Odin mk1.

Thanks @Sorrodje for these measurements and @Taverius for is loan of his superb Thror. :)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,870 of 10,023
Hi all,

Kennerton has released a very special version of Thror, a bit more expensive than the serial Thror.

lsq0.jpg

2wg3.jpg

inow.jpg

t9qx.jpg

3dyi.jpg

https://kennerton.com/headphones/tror-stabilized

and comments
quote :
" A special version of the Kennerton Thror. The cups are made of vivid stabilized Karelian Birch wood. The headband and ear pads are made of specially selected for these headphones softest Italian emerald lamb skin.
Customized cable from the vintage litz wires as well specially made in green color. This is an unusual and very harmonious set "

You have to like the green! :beyersmile::)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,871 of 10,023
Green headphone can be exotic and collectible, and I have a feeling that this special version of Thror will become a legend.

ATH-L3000G.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 15, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #1,872 of 10,023
To laugh a bit ... ...

Thror helmet / headphones (for camouflage, for snipers) equipping the Russian and the Finnish army ; it's an ideal helmet / headphones for the complete camouflage of the soldier hidden (ambushed) in the boreal forests, winter, especially the Karelia birch forests. :beyersmile:

russian_sniper_training_hi_res12.jpg

lsq0.jpg

This nordic planar headphones, in this green livery (winter camouflage) is a killer! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #1,874 of 10,023
Very interesting, and worth to take a look, even if you don't speak French (beautiful pictures)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back