KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90
Feb 6, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 63
Honestly... I hope these are as good as you say they are. This... comparision is much like what we said about the Kef M500 when it was released, it's GOOD, DEEPER CLEANER YEA YEA YEA

So let's hope in 4 months I don't see the Mikros 90 Ref Vs NEW EXICTING HEADPHONE NUMBER 2 

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #33 of 63

This conductor in my Ipadroadwarrior...sounded confuseddiffused when i had the Kef on my head..
until then i was tapping my foot to pops n jazzzes in a big soundscape on the KEF.

But with the Mikros, Ozawa was oozing microdetails in the quiet passages,
n good coherence when he gets more excited.
So i am happy with him being happy.

I can see alot of people enjoying KEF, really. 
I just needed that little bit more...via the Mikros.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #34 of 63
Just wondering if someone ever compared logan and Amperior. From the head-fi review, seems like Amperior better. Perhaps lack of bass?

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #35 of 63
  Just wondering if someone ever compared logan and Amperior. From the head-fi review, seems like Amperior better. Perhaps lack of bass?

doctorjazz started a thread which included comparison between the Amperior and the Mikros 90.  He prefers the more "fun" signature of the Amperior.  [Edit: I see you have already been there.]

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694010/comparison-of-sennheiser-amperior-beyerdynamic-dt-1350-martin-logan-micros-90-and-yamaha-hph-200-or-how-i-spent-my-winter-vacation/30#post_10362582

There are others on the Mikros 90 thread who prefer the stock MLs to the Amperior.  PredatorZ just modded his Mikros 90, and they have just supplanted his Amperior.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/3780#post_10361038

You might want to float an inquiry to PredatorZ on the Mikros 90 thread. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #36 of 63
  doctorjazz started a thread which included comparison between the Amperior and the Mikros 90.  He prefers the more "fun" signature of the Amperior.  [Edit: I see you have already been there.]

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694010/comparison-of-sennheiser-amperior-beyerdynamic-dt-1350-martin-logan-micros-90-and-yamaha-hph-200-or-how-i-spent-my-winter-vacation/30#post_10362582

There are others on the Mikros 90 thread who prefer the stock MLs to the Amperior.  PredatorZ just modded his Mikros 90, and they have just supplanted his Amperior.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/3780#post_10361038

You might want to float an inquiry to PredatorZ on the Mikros 90 thread. 

Thank you... But I think will stay with Amperior unless I can get my self full size portable headphone which is better or on par with Amperior. ATH ESW9A currently freaking cheap at cowboom.com but hell, my local proxy agent only get from Amazon, Newegg and ebay.

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #37 of 63
After comparing them on my own, I still prefer kef m500. I am so sensitive to harshness that I prefer the vocals from kef.  And more importantly, listening to EDM on kef gets the "drop" you don't get from MLs. But I do wish that kef could have MLs' 3D space feel and separation. It is sometimes hard to enjoy the vocal from kef because they lacks body and blend in with the music.  

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #38 of 63
I saw this thread. I visited Amazon. Saw the price. I have a pair on order. I can hardly wait. 
L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #39 of 63
I just received a pair of KEF M500 to compare to my Mikros 90.  I really like the M500.  A beautiful midrange as has been stated already and  a bit more kick to the mid bass.  The Mikros 90 however is still the champion however especially when amped.  It just sounds so completely truthful with a great soundstage the KEF cannot match.  I will keep the M500 for portable use as I think it edges out the Mikros it that regard.  The Mikros is very finicky on how it is worn to get the right sound and it doesn't sound it's best straight out of my phone.  I also like the M500's appearance and fit better.  

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #40 of 63
  I just received a pair of KEF M500 to compare to my Mikros 90.  I really like the M500.  A beautiful midrange as has been stated already and  a bit more kick to the mid bass.  The Mikros 90 however is still the champion however especially when amped.  It just sounds so completely truthful with a great soundstage the KEF cannot match.  I will keep the M500 for portable use as I think it edges out the Mikros it that regard.  The Mikros is very finicky on how it is worn to get the right sound and it doesn't sound it's best straight out of my phone.  I also like the M500's appearance and fit better.  

Good stuff! I love both my 90's and M500's SQ equally. But because the M500's are so much more comfy, I must confess that they get more head time from me.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #41 of 63

Good stuff! I love both my 90's and M500's SQ equally. But because the M500's are so much more comfy, I must confess that they get more head time from me.

I totally understand that.  M500's are sounding fantastic today.  I wonder if with more burn in the glare in the treble will smooth out a bit?  Time will tell I suppose. If that goes away these will be on par to the Mikros.  Different but equal.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #42 of 63
The M500 is so underrated. I really cannot understand how the hype for this headphone seemed to have disappeared overnight, with them going for as low as 150$ (!) on the marketplace here. 

I agree that these are not worth 300 but at at around the 200$ mark they're pretty fantastic. I do wish they were less "Macbook-like" in appearance but other than that? Judging by how these keep exchanging hands in the marketplace and how nobody ever talks about them, it's clear many owners of these seems to passionately dislike them, and I really don't get it.

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #43 of 63
  The M500 is so underrated. I really cannot understand how the hype for this headphone seemed to have disappeared overnight, with them going for as low as 150$ (!) on the marketplace here. 

I agree that these are not worth 300 but at at around the 200$ mark they're pretty fantastic. I do wish they were less "Macbook-like" in appearance but other than that? Judging by how these keep exchanging hands in the marketplace and how nobody ever talks about them, it's clear many owners of these seems to passionately dislike them, and I really don't get it.

Where did you found $150?

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #44 of 63

Where did you found $150?

Here's one, and I believe I saw an even lower price last time I looked:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/728164/kef-m500
168$ (first owner) + free shipping. Furthermore, if you follow these classifieds a bit you'll see that they're even at those price points they're not finding it easy to find a buyer 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back