KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #916 of 1,358
I didn't like the case that came with the M500, because it seemed that it almost required marring the bead-blasted aluminum earpieces when folding them in because they can easily scrape against each other. Here's an alternative: the GOcase F2 Headphone Case. Price is $59.95. You can get it from Amazon or directly from GOcase.  

Fits the M500 perfectly when the earpieces are rotated to be flat (not folded in). The cable will fit in the removable zippered case that velcros to the case.  A bonus is that my Meridian Explorer (with cable and the supplied sleeve) fits between the earpieces, as you can see in the third picture. Much nicer and higher-quality solution than the KEF case, IMHO. You don't have to change the sizing of the headphone when putting it in the case and there's no risk of metal-metal contact. Easier to carry, too, because it's flatter than the KEF case and has a handle, as you can see in the fourth picture (which is from GOcase's site).

Thxs for F2 case beta.. I agree about the stock kef case scratching the headphones

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #917 of 1,358
Still got plenty o love for both my M500's and M200's. I'm not a huge fan of ear guides or ear hooks, so my M200's have been neglected for a while. But I am listening to them now (actually, for more than a few hours now), and I do love their signature (with the vmoda bliss 3.0 fittings tips). Awesome full, intimate, detailed, non-fatiguing sound. Love it.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #919 of 1,358
I have had my M200 for a few days now. They have close to 50 hours burn in, and are quite bass heavy with rolled off treble. There isn't much sparkle and they are not that impressive at the moment. I am comparing them to my Havi B3 Pro 1 and I think the Havi are better. Is 50 hours not enough burn in for these?

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #922 of 1,358
I bought the M200 in amazon,
I have KEF iQ speakers an  headphone ATH-M50, I like them.
I was in doubt between M200 and ATH-IM70.
After read many reviews I decided for the M200.
I loved it. It is amazing how an in ear phone can produced this big sound.
It came with Comply TS 500 and the fit and isolation is very good.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #924 of 1,358
  ^ Congrats! I agree the KEF M200 have amazing sound quality, if you can get a good fit.

+ 1 on the M200. I happened to get them on sale for $80.00 about a month ago and was completely surprised by the sound and build quality. The case is a little fiddly and you have to buy into replacing the expensive Comply eartips when needed but overall a tremendous bargin.

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #926 of 1,358
  I feel the 200's mids are very laid back. pairs well with amp. with eq. fiio e-17 really makes them shine.

If you want a little less bass and a little more mids from your M200, try this:

These do benefit from a tiny amount of front leakage, which tunes down the bass and improves overall balance and clarity. From my experience, there are two ways to achieve this:

• Wear them with smaller tips than usual and a light / shallow seal. Easy to do, but hard to maintain a constant small amount of leakage, particularly during movement.
  • Try the mod I posted in the FX850 thread. Be sure to place the strip across the ridge that secures the M200's tip. More sophisticated, but works more consistently than #1.

Nov 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #927 of 1,358
KEF M500 on Amazon for $180:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CYBOUO0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #929 of 1,358
Hello everyone,
I recently joined the kef kool train myself with that deal from newegg for 80. Was looking for a solid upgrade to these Sony MH1C's I've had for the longest time. Well I would have been content if my little girl hadn't decided to make a temporary chew out of it getting moisture in the housing :C

After looking around though I bit on the deal and have been floored ever since. Completely out performs the sonys in EVER way.
Its wonderful going through my music collection and being in a state of shock as it feels like I'm listening to these recordings all for the first time. SUCH WONDERFUL DETAIL!!! :p

Like others I was having issues with a good fit/seal so I removed the tips from my sonys and forced them onto the KEFs being ever so careful of course. I was also having issues with sound like others since I was directly connected to my laptop. To get more out of the bugger I plugged it into my little ELE DAC I had forgotten about and have been happy ever since. My ELE too since now it has a renewed purpose ;p

One thing I absolutely love about these is that they have been able to handle every genre I've thrown at them. IDM, ambient, electronic to alternative rock and death metal as well as neo classical and lounge. All of this without any slowdown or compensations of any kind.

Would anyone btw have any input on how these pair with the dx90? I'm planning on getting that badboy soon. I'm sure I need not be concerned, with sound like this what can go wrong ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back