Kees Modded Ultrasone Pro 900
Aug 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bauerpower

Head-Fier
I gott these for a god deal from ebay last week and the stock sound was OK but the bass was a bit too boomy and unrefined.  So i do the Kees Mod and now they are sounding so sweet it's unbelievable.  Whoever says these only sound good for trance and rap needs to do this mod as it makes it a very nice all rounder.  I am finding with some songs the treble can be just a tiny bit too forward but maybe that will improve with burn-in.  The thing which surprises me is that these headphones don't get more of a mention around the traps.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Rock, acoustic, and even country type genres. The 900s do retrieve detail better than the 780s but sometimes I find them a bit too thick and laid back sounding. I like the 900s for electronic, hip hop, rap, r&b, and pop but I almost feel like I need another can for genres with guitars. I'd pick up another set of 780s but it seems like ebay prices have risen recently. I got them for $160 shipped a few months ago and don't feel like shelling out an extra $90 for the same set of cans. Maybe it's time for a pair of Grados.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah Ive got a lot of headphones but at the moment Im using the 900s for everything.  I usually do that when I get a new pair.  In a few weeks I should have a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.  They also sound pretty good str8 from my ipod which is a nice bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back