Ke$ha, this passes for music these days?
Jan 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #31 of 63
Dems is sum mighty fine tunes! She's hawt!

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #32 of 63
Jan 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #33 of 63
Ke$ha. The lyrics are tongue in cheek not unlike Weird Al. Lighten up. No, she cant sing or dance. She is only marginally attractive. Thats sort of the point. America is tired of talent.
I brush my teeth with Jack 2x a day after hearing that song!

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #35 of 63
This is the first I have heard of said artist, but it does bother me that it has become nigh impossible for genuinely talented artists to make a career these days, while some random person with no apparent talent is chosen to be propelled to instant stardom.

Sigh...

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chances are if the kids today like something and you can't stand it, you're too old.

It is just a thinly veiled outcry about the younger types staying off your lawn.

You tell 'em phOrkman-
Doze geezers'l neva no da plezura piercing yo penis, tattin yo face, firin upa bowl an listnin 2 Ke$ha !
doe neva let me git ode
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #38 of 63
Blame American Idol for that mindset. And these people are not randomly chosen... her producer (who produces catchy but trashy records - Flo-Rida anyone?) has been grooming this gal for some time aparrently. Let's be honest, it's been an awfully long time since there was any genuine talent in the top 40.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #39 of 63
Aww what's wrong with liking Lady GaGa, even if it is a tiny bit? :[ I enjoy some of her songs, like poker face. I find her lyrics rather catchy and just enjoy it overall. I also like Owl City. I find the songs catchy and slightly relaxing.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #40 of 63
Is it just me or do most songs today seem to be about a girl getting drunk, having a good time, and then getting even more drunk?

Also, a $ in her name? What!?

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #43 of 63
I wanted to not talk, but really, I cannot keep on watching this flame against new artists without saying something.
You have the right, the freedom and the liberty to express what you feel, in a non-harmful way. If you are in a State/Nation/Country where you have not such rights, you might as well just not speak.
All of you using extreme languages: "What", "pure garbage", etc... this is just starting flame wars for nothing. Believe me, this can get out of hand real quick. Not everyone here agrees with your (OP incl.) "Ke$ha sux lol" idea.
You do not like new artists, Ke$ha, Owl City, whatever, fine. Say it? Fine! But just keep this civilized. Those extreme languages are not based on anything. A good thread would be, for example, "I don't like Ke$ha because she is repeating the other bands, or using low technology, or is poorly mastered". That is based on some reasons. "this passes for music these days" is inciting hate, mass reasonless hatred against a subject that has not offended you. You don't like that music? Don't listen to it, and please, Shut Up.
I recommand any mods to lock this thread.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #44 of 63
People have right to an opinion. I think her music is utter garbage and if the offends people so be it; her "music" offends me. There are plenty of new artists with actual talent out there. Ke$sha, Lady GaGa, Jonas Brothers, in my opion, aren't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back