Ke$ha, this passes for music these days?
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Foshizzle

100+ Head-Fier
*facepalm* I just saw her on Conan O' Brien and she was acting drunk or something, looked her up on youtube and it just got worse.

YouTube - KESHA NOT WELCOME AT PRINCE'S HOUSE

Stuff like this makes me want to cut myself, Lady Gaga annoys me too by taking her "act" too far but atleast she seems like she's somewhat of her own artist.
Ke$ha (a dollar sign? really?) however seems completely manufactured, can't sing, can't dance and her merit is that she acts drunk and dresses like a streetwalker?

Her having the most downloaded single in a week just proves everything that's wrong with this world. S**t like this and Hollywood Undead makes me feel like armageddon can't come quick enough.

I realize I'm just getting her more attention by writing this but I just had to vent
redface.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I have Tik Tok.
/prepares fire suit

If I was a secret agent, got caught, was placed in a dark room blasting Tik Tok... I'd spill my guts in about 13,5 seconds.

Guido: Believe it or not I do actually like Pokerface and I don't hate Lady Gaga's music, I just think she tries too hard sometimes.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was a secret agent, got caught, was placed in a dark room blasting Tik Tok I'd spill my guts in about 13,5 seconds.

Guido: Believe it or not I do actually like Pokerface and I don't hate Lady Gaga's music, I just think she tries too hard sometimes.

Trying to hard she does, i think very few artists can pull off the 80's retro appeal. she can not.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 63
What's even worse than Kesha is this Postal Service rip-off Fireflies thing that's popular right now as well...

Edit: this tripe

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 63
Never heard of her. Not having a TV pays off at times. I'll tell you what passes for music with me these days : The Paper Raincoat and The Future Sound Of London.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 63
Aww, must you bring up Fireflies...
Owl City introduced a whole new genre of music. I like it. Some people do not.

EDIT: That said, I do enjoy Classical, symphonic, 80's rock and stuff, but also modern pop, such as Lady Gaga. Not everyone likes old music. Listening to Just Dance on an expensive amp + expensive headphone is not "not worth it". I can see where this flame is going, so, I'm out.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's even worse than Kesha is this Postal Service rip-off Fireflies thing that's popular right now as well...

Edit: this tripe

I like me some Owl City, that I do. And I like him precisely because he sounds like a mix of Postal Service and Relient K.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What new genre is that?

autotuned chiptunes? .... autochip?

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #14 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was a secret agent, got caught, was placed in a dark room blasting Tik Tok... I'd spill my guts in about 13,5 seconds.

Hypocrite.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hypocrite.

I'm a hypocrite because I think Lady Gaga actually has some talent and Ke$ha doesn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back