Ke$ha, this passes for music these days?
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hypocrite.

I think he might be confused. read your post again.
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #19 of 63
Biggest selling digital download by a female artist. I can see why its popular.. its catchy as hell.. no I don't LIKE it, but I can remember it. Which is more than I can say for most of the rest of the top 40. Eurobeat has finally hit the USA :/

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 63
Just spent 3 weeks driving 3,000 miles in the US.

Radio on all the time (played a couple on Audible books too though).

Got home and downloaded Tic-Tock and am waiting for the Owl City album.

It's pop music. Remember what the pop bit stands for? That's right - Popular.

Not quailty. Not niche, nor even good.

In a democracy, popular wins! Popular politicians become presidents. In music, popular music tops the charts.

I'll never forget reading a review of the Fiat 500 back in the 70s. It said "Six million Italians can be wrong." From then on I understood what popular meant. Try selling an item of clothing to my wife with the line "they are very popular at the moment" - she's outta there!

I wish Kie$ha and Owl City success. They have achieved more than most of us with GarageBand and an intention!

Regards

Sceptre

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 63
Haha me and my mates were making fun of her. Basically the only thing she sings about is alcohol. Maybe she was allowed to drink when she turned 21 (so it's all cool and new) but we have a head start of five years. Been there done that.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #24 of 63
Now this is what i call trash. Pure rubbish.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 63
I have to say that I did not like the blatant product positioning of 'Jack' in the song though. That is lower than walking the streets in my book!

'Drinking whiskey from the bottle' in Kid Rock's hit was far more acceptable to me.

But hey - lyrics is a whole 'other dimension'. You don't need HiQ Head gear to hear that stuff!

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #27 of 63
Haha, Owl City isn't that bad, the first 20 seconds is pleasant. Plus, he does exactly what he sets out to do (write catchy, accessible pop music).

^Yeah, it gets annoying fast. It really makes me wonder why I continue listening to Fox.fm when they churn out crap 24/7

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 63
If you think that American artists are bad, you should come to Asia to discover that most popular bands have never studied music, cannot read music, and can only follow melodies which are sung to them. Ke$ha is far better than anything popular in Korea, Japan, or Taiwan.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #30 of 63
I watched the end of year korean music award/multi-artist shows and they were horrid in every sense of the word. Their pop has always seemed like a rip-off of already bad western pop, which makes it exponentially cruddy. You just have all these boy/girl idol groups that are infinitely interchangeable with no personality of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back