Kaosun's Vintage CD Player Service Bulletin
Jun 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #166 of 213
Hi Kaosun,
I have a az6829 and recently I found that the laser head might have some problems. Sometimes it randomly skips and it cannot read the track that over 74 mins. My local repair store said that the life of that laser head is going to be end. Could you please let me know the laser head model of az6829? Is it the same as 6808/6819/6826? and how about Apple PowerCD and CDF-100? I might bid some as-is players to see if I can get a working laser head but I want to make sure before I make an offer. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #167 of 213
The laser in the AZ6808/19/28 are same which is called RCD3. It almost impossible to get a spare part from market but I can recondition the laser for you. Furthermore, you don't need to find a same laser from CDF100 or AppleCD because they're using CDM4. The laser after replacing the laser diode will come back to life again just like brand new. Contact me if you need a help.

yixingu76201@@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #168 of 213
CDM4 is still (outside of the very early CDM0) imo the best diodes / mechanisms out there...

Got a totally mint, boxed CD850 for a rainy day, fantastic transport for Hugo :)

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #169 of 213
Hi kaosun
I have panasonic S505 CD player, when i press the play button i can see the laser turn on and the laser lens going up and down but the spindle motor does not move, then the player will automatic turn off, i have tried difference CD but the result was same, would you pls suggest how can i fix the problem.
Thank you

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #172 of 213
Hi Kaosun, Could u please provide me with some information about a uncommon model i own, sanyo cp10. I heared it was the oem for philips cd10, but i can rarely find and information about it. So I suppose the item should be great?

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #173 of 213
Hello, kaosun. Could u please provide me with some information about sanyo cp10? I was told this item is a OEM for philips cd10, so suppose it should be good? But i can rarely find any information about it.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #174 of 213
Hey Kaosun. I lucked out and just found a Sony Discman D-515 at a thrift store for $1.99! I just tested it out and it seems to work but the volume is low at max level through the headphone and lineout outputs. Someone commented that you repaired a similar problem for them on this model. What is this issue? Thanks in advance!

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #177 of 213
Hello,

I was lucky enough to pick up a very nice Sony D-50 w/ AC-D50 sound dock at a local Goodwill the other day and I have a few quick questions.  The player sounds fantastic, however I noticed the volume does not turn all the way down; by the time the volume dial physically stops, the volume has been reduced to a [relatively] low level, yet it is still completely audible, and is actually a somewhat comfortable listening level (you can still hear all details present in the music).  Should it be able to be reduced to a near mute level, or is this normal (my later Sony Diskman players [Diskmen?] approach mute)?

Conversely, the volume can be turned ridiculously high - it's not even fathomable to have a use for the potential volume (and I'm known to crank music). 

Realizing that the older models probably didn't have the same safety limitations built in, is all this normal? 

Also... looking at all the models that have sold recently on eBay, I noticed something odd...  My AC-D50 has a 4 position voltage selection dial on the bottom (110, 120, 210 and 220V); none of the ones I found on eBay have this...  The plug has been replaced, so I believe it may have been a foreign model, however some of the ones on eBay have European plugs with adapters, however still do not have the voltage switch.  Do you know why this is?

Thank you very much!

James

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #178 of 213
Answering your first question... No the volume does not completely silence when lowered to minimum. There is still leakage in mine too. I find Volume 2 more than enough for comfortable listening levels.

To your second question, I'm not sure about the voltage selector you have on yours. Maybe your model is a version that has an adapter that was intended for travel use. But I'm not sure.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #179 of 213
Thank you very much for the info!  I wasn't sure if the volume dial had somehow slipped, disabling further reduced volume and allowing more extreme levels.  Sounds like it's all normal then - I'm very happy with it either way.

Thanks again!

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back