Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Mar 1, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #451 of 730
Not much action on the thread.

I am really enjoying my new to me RR1 s. They have become my favorite estat. I rotate through a Stax 407 and a 95X.

To my ears the RR1 s have the best soundstage and very good definition. The other two are very good but the RR1 s are my fav.

I have never experienced the warm up in balance problem. I have noticed that they like a 10 to 15 minute warm up period to really shine. They also need a lot more of the volume dial of my 353X to get them to my listening preference.

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #452 of 730
I agree on the volume dial. I am running the same combination. I also have a Dan Clark Audio Voce. It too is power hungry. I think they are both about the same place on the volume dial. The Voce may take a little bit more, but it is close.

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #455 of 730
I also totally love the sound of my RR1 but SRM-T1 only powered by a crappy dac has not much slamm.. I hope my new custom tube amp that will power the stax amp will give the power needed.. Oh and i shot me a new cable from spritzer that he made for the RR1 out of a stax cable with Rean mini XLR connectors...

Also i modded the headband and i am waiting for a new leathersstrap for it ...pictures will follow..

I reaaaally like them! will be interesting to compare them with some nearly nos akg k340 that i will get next week...

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #457 of 730
Want to find a pair of angled pad for rr1.
Any one could comment on item name and bramch?

To my knowledge very few people have swapped the pads on the RR1. One person had tried the ubiquitous Brainwavz and another one had installed SR-007 pads (EP-007).
I can't comment on the acoustic impact but aesthetically the EP looked better.

The stock RR1 pads have the thin profile and internal cavity for a reason and are specific to the RR1 - not off-the-shelf. The thin profile is to avoid stress on the diaphragm during decompression and essentially eliminates any turbulence build-up.

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #458 of 730
To my knowledge very few people have swapped the pads on the RR1. One person had tried the ubiquitous Brainwavz and another one had installed SR-007 pads (EP-007).
I can't comment on the acoustic impact but aesthetically the EP looked better.

The stock RR1 pads have the thin profile and internal cavity for a reason and are specific to the RR1 - not off-the-shelf. The thin profile is to avoid stress on the diaphragm during decompression and essentially eliminates any turbulence build-up.

I see a groove where at 9 oclock (or 3).
Is it for air pressure balancing?
I think in case slips away from hands while mounting/dismounting on the head, headphone impact to head/ear makes pressure to raise up fast, it is harmful. But angle pad or a bit thick pad(under normal handling) is less risk.
Add: places this cans backward, by ear helix affect increased, bass is heard as loose. Put it forward until helix contact to the boundary of pads, I heard bass is more tight control.
May be driver responding no changed but ear helix alter the sound.
I believe in an angle pad may sound better.

Btw, do you think the groove can be placed on 12 oclock position (better visual).
Because of produce by 3D printer, I think it is not takes much of time, if you try.

Violin sound is worth to dying for if I put 2 figures near the back cover (about 10mm).

I am finding a thing similar shape and hardness of figures to put it on when I melt in violin sound.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #461 of 730
@MrTechAgent I'm vey interested in these cans, following this thread since the beginning but only recently decided to grab one.
any hint on when international shipping will be possible again?

@MrTechAgent I am also interested in your ELS headphone and its availability for international shipments (Europe). Just one question for you (I haven't read all 31 pages of the thread, sorry). Does the headphone membrane have dust protection?

Thanks in advance,
Giorgio

Currently our country is under lockdown for the entire month and we have received a letter from DHL that non-essential shipments will not resume for a long time.

So, I don't know. Don't place any orders on our website.

@Edmond Dantes Yes, there is.

Wishing everybody good health.

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #462 of 730
Aumkar, take care, i also wish you and your family good health.
Life will be more easy if medicaments will be avaliable In a few months.

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #464 of 730
Currently our country is under lockdown for the entire month and we have received a letter from DHL that non-essential shipments will not resume for a long time.

Best wishes for survival, both health and business.

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #465 of 730

My cable was transfered by DHL from India to German, Hongkong before landing on Japan.
It took 14days in total, since18.Mar. Maybe before lockdown have began.
Bwt have you tried some metal as cable material during development?
I mean if you have advice on this.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back