KAEI TAP-1 Portable Hybrid Balance Headphone Amp
Jan 5, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #286 of 337
Jan 5, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #287 of 337
Ordered one a couple weeks back from Linsoul, it was apparently a pre order, now it says sold out, I ordered a DACless one, i hope it will be fulfilled, I really don’t want to buy a C9, or a little bear…
They are available on Aliexpress.

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #291 of 337
I have my KAEI TAP-1S sitting on-top of its power supply, and after being on from a Friday afternoon, all the way through to a Sunday evening (running in Tube mode) - it's warm, but not uncomfortable when placing my hand on the top of it.
For my other tube / hybrid amp (Loxjie P20) - before I put "tube risers" under the tubes, to lift them out of the case (for better cooling), the whole top of the case used to get almost too hot to place my hand on it. Now, the case just gets slightly warm (a bit warmer near the tube sockets).
What psu v for us? I was going to purchase the linear power supply

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #292 of 337
What psu v for us? I was going to purchase the linear power supply

I bought the TAP-1S with its desktop AC power supply (USA 120v cord) - but I haven't tried measuring the voltages on the 6-Pin cable that connects it to the Amp.

Jan 10, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #293 of 337
I bought the TAP-1S with its desktop AC power supply (USA 120v cord) - but I haven't tried measuring the voltages on the 6-Pin cable that connects it to the Amp.
Getting upgradeitis and about to try some stuff. Too impatient to wait for the psu to get here from aliexpress.

What happens if i plug this in as a power source to the kaei tube amp?

Edit: nevermind i see this requires male lemo 6 pin.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #298 of 337
I got the version with DAC a couple weeks ago and so far I like it a lot. Enough that I decided to give it a bit of a makeover.
Tap1-DACs 1.jpg

Tap1-DACs 2.jpg
I was a bit worried that taking it out of the case would make it vulnerable to RFI, but so far I haven't noticed any problems.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #299 of 337
I just got my Tap1-Dacs tonight. Linsoul was fantastic! There was an issue with my delivery because I travel for work, and I have to leave soon. Helen in customer service was very helpful, and I got it on time. Very helpful.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #300 of 337
SS3602 makes it supreme but cannot close the lid. So, the stock ones were my second choice and I left it with them.
Any harm to leave the top off? I'd try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back