KAEI TAP-1 Portable Hybrid Balance Headphone Amp
Dec 10, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #316 of 337
I
I ordered a micro jst 1.25mm 5pin female to female cable today, the two motherboards on top of eachother have the same 5pin connector so let's see of connedting these two will give me the dac option 🤞🤞
Is the dac considered to be decent? I have it but I travel for work and didn't bring it with me. I also bought a Woo Audio Tube mini that's much more backpack friendly I did bring.

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #317 of 337
I

Is the dac considered to be decent? I have it but I travel for work and didn't bring it with me. I also bought a Woo Audio Tube mini that's much more backpack friendly I did bring.
The dac is ok (CS43131) but it's handy to use with it's dac instead of a seperate dac connected to the line in. (4.4mm in my case)

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #318 of 337
The dac is ok (CS43131) but it's handy to use with it's dac instead of a seperate dac connected to the line in. (4.4mm in my case)
Thanks! I remember it being ok but it's been a few months since I listened to it. I just bought the nitsch pietous Maximus and I'll have to get used to hauling it around

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #319 of 337
How bad is the tube ringing?

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #321 of 337
Ordered a KAEI TAP-2. Will report back later.

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #322 of 337
I ordered a micro jst 1.25mm 5pin female to female cable today, the two motherboards on top of eachother have the same 5pin connector so let's see of connedting these two will give me the dac option 🤞🤞
So the cable came in, iam sorry to say but it's not the solution, connecting the cable doesn't make the dac work 🤨 too bad

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #323 of 337
IMG_3305.jpeg
My tap1
Muses05 / Muses02
I like the sound of the tap1 better than the C9. It's a great value amp.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #324 of 337
IMG_3305.jpeg
My tap1
Muses05 / Muses02
I like the sound of the tap1 better than the C9. It's a great value amp.

Nice. Where did you get your Muses05? I don't think I can order from that Japanese site.

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #326 of 337
KAEI TAP-2

Rockin' a MUSES8820 for now. Sounds good.
Not as smooth or transparent as the Topping NX7, but it's far from lo-fi, and it has a nice flavour. The tubes are tubey... very agreeable.

EDIT: This MUSES8820 is a really good op amp! It's pairing really well with the amp and the headphones I want to run here. I may be done with rolling this thing really quickly lol.... impact and clarity and stage... and the character of it is very engaging.

PC280301.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #327 of 337
Guys I have a question, when using the kaei with planar iems I get a ground hum (ground loop?) from the amp/psu. When I touch the chassis it's silent. The power cable of the kai is not grounded (c7 connection) but is there anyway to ground it anyway? The hum is making me crazy (iam not hearing it with my headphones just with planar iems....)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #328 of 337
Guys I have a question, when using the kaei with planar iems I get a ground hum (ground loop?) from the amp/psu. When I touch the chassis it's silent. The power cable of the kai is not grounded (c7 connection) but is there anyway to ground it anyway? The hum is making me crazy (iam not hearing it with my headphones just with planar iems....)

Does it make any difference if you reverse the amp's AC power cord at either the wall or the power supply unit?
What source are you using when the hum occurs?
You could try attaching a Ground wire to one of the end-cap screws on the amp or power supply, and connecting it to the Ground of your audio source unit.

Feb 24, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #329 of 337
Does it make any difference if you reverse the amp's AC power cord at either the wall or the power supply unit?
What source are you using when the hum occurs?
You could try attaching a Ground wire to one of the end-cap screws on the amp or power supply, and connecting it to the Ground of your audio source unit.
Thanks, reversing doesnt help, my source is a dap through 4.4mm so no ground :frowning2: maybe get a ground cable to something metal? With my normal headphones it isn't load but with the iem it ruins the sound...

When I use the amp portable (with the battery) it's dead silent!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #330 of 337
Thanks, reversing doesnt help, my source is a dap through 4.4mm so no ground :frowning2: maybe get a ground cable to something metal? With my normal headphones it isn't load but with the iem it ruins the sound...

When I use the amp portable (with the battery) it's dead silent!

The JEITA RC-8141C Spec for 4.4mm TRRRS, does have a GND on the Sleeve - but I've heard that most portable devices don't implement the GND connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back