KAEI TAP-1 Portable Hybrid Balance Headphone Amp
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #332 of 337
The JEITA RC-8141C Spec for 4.4mm TRRRS, does have a GND on the Sleeve - but I've heard that most portable devices don't implement the GND connection.
So I tried multiple 3.5mm devices but all give the same hum, touching and gone, I made a cable from the amp to metal that is grounded, stil a hum but a little less, again touching and it's gone. Flipped the power cable around, this doesn't change the hum. I don't know what to do anymore :frowning2: does anybody got some brilliant ideas?

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #333 of 337
So I tried multiple 3.5mm devices but all give the same hum, touching and gone, I made a cable from the amp to metal that is grounded, stil a hum but a little less, again touching and it's gone. Flipped the power cable around, this doesn't change the hum. I don't know what to do anymore :frowning2: does anybody got some brilliant ideas?

Is your source DAP connected to USB power, as well as the analog audio cable going to the TAP-1S?

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #334 of 337
Is your source DAP connected to USB power, as well as the analog audio cable going to the TAP-1S?
Nope just on battery power and through the line output (4.4mm) to the kaei. But if I use another source like Apple dongle to the 3.5mm input I get the same result. Even if I have no source connected I still hear the same hum so it is coming from the power supply because the kaei on battery power I don't hear it.
I've had two kaei amps with power supply and both have the same hum on the planar iem. My dap has not enough power to drive the planar iem that's why I wanted to use the kaei (with power supply because it sound better with).
I'am afraid there is no solution for it because the kaei is not grounded internally, my other amp that is grounded and connected to a grounded outlet doesn't have this problem (but doesn't sound as good)

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #335 of 337
Hello! will be a sound on 4.4 OUT if i connect src to 3.5 IN?
(TAP-1)

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #336 of 337
Got my tap1. There are strange things: it doesn’t work well with earbuds, it’s completely overloaded, although everything is fine with the rest of the headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back