Apr 24, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
You must love those new cans then, eh?
eggosmile.gif

OMG Sean is still around!
eek.gif

How's things been bud?

Actually I've got a week of constant burn in on them, and I check the progress once a day to see how it's going.
I'm not liking the upper mids / lower highs, they sound harsh and spitty. Snare drums sound like plastic toy drums to me with these. The headband isn't too comfortable either.

I'm going to give them another couple days, but it's not looking good.
frown.gif

Too bad, I was really hoping they lived up to all the hype.
TR

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #32 of 39
Have you tried moving it around the head? There are positions in which I get the sort of sound you describe too. As I said elsewhere, the K701 seems to be very position sensitive and not very well designed. I could see that straight away after putting it on my head for the first time so I just moved around the phone until I found a sound that I liked. After the Qualias, repeating a finicky fit is not a problem
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Have you tried moving it around the head? There are positions in which I get the sort of sound you describe too. As I said elsewhere, the K701 seems to be very position sensitive and not very well designed. I could see that straight away after putting it on my head for the first time so I just moved around the phone until I found a sound that I liked. After the Qualias, repeating a finicky fit is not a problem
biggrin.gif

Yes, I've had them all over and have found slight differences, but not enough to correct the problem in the highs.

They are officially up for sale now if you want them. 1 week old, just like new
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Yes, I've had them all over and have found slight differences, but not enough to correct the problem in the highs.

They are officially up for sale now if you want them. 1 week old, just like new
frown.gif

It's a shame as it's got many likeable attributes, just not very biomechanically sound IMO. I'll pass for now as if I can get the grilles replaced and extract the bungee cord from inside the cups I'm happy with what I've got.

Apr 26, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
OMG Sean is still around!
eek.gif

How's things been bud?

Actually I've got a week of constant burn in on them, and I check the progress once a day to see how it's going.
I'm not liking the upper mids / lower highs, they sound harsh and spitty. Snare drums sound like plastic toy drums to me with these. The headband isn't too comfortable either.

I'm going to give them another couple days, but it's not looking good.
frown.gif

Too bad, I was really hoping they lived up to all the hype.
TR

Patience my good man. You've just started the burn-in process.
Stick it out for another 300 hours, then give your impression.
What have you got to loose?
Believe me, they still have radical changes ahead of them.
This from a previous burn-in cynic.
Just my .02.
Jim

Apr 26, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim580
Patience my good man. You've just started the burn-in process.
Stick it out for another 300 hours, then give your impression.
What have you got to loose?
Believe me, they still have radical changes ahead of them.
This from a previous burn-in cynic.
Just my .02.
Jim

Hi Jim,
They are still getting constant play. I know burn in / break in happens, but I haven't seen much progress with these so far.
I haven't checked them in a couple days, but might be able to tonight.
TR

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #39 of 39
I know this post is old but it was very helpful. I used a metal mechanical draft pencil and a clothes pin on either side of the mesh piece and turned counter-clockwise to remove them very easily. Thanks for the discussion guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back