k240 50 year anv. 600ohm?
Oct 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

juanharu4913

100+ Head-Fier
Are these 600ohm? Thats what I thought they were but Im not sure (i might pick them up)

And on a side note, I understand that I'll need a amp but exactly wat would the volume be straight out of something like an ipod or something? Incase it's a while until I get an amp.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 6
If the anv. version are new  headphone released recent then they are probably not 600ohm. To the best of my knowledge they stopped making AKG k240 Sextet, DF, MP and M.

You can run the K240 from the ipod but you won't get great out of them. If you are planning to get a portable amp most portable won't have enough power to 600ohm headphones.

I hope this helps.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Yes, it's a K240-M with special markings. Special badges and print on the fabric in front of the drivers.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 6
From what I remember though, of the various production changes to the K240M over the years, the anniversary edition is one of the very slightly better sounding ones. Not because of anything specific to the anniversary edition, but just how they were making the K240M at the time. I wouldn't pay extra for one over any other K240M because of that though- they're a fairly consistent sounding phone across versions- only pay more for it if you want the novelty of the 50th anniversary markings.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 6
I almost had them, but i went to the bathroom at the last minute. Shame on me.
triportsad.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 6
I just picked up a set of Monitors to compare the Studio (Mk II's), DF's and Sextetts I already have.  I got the "normal" version, but I was watching for how much that Anniv pair went for.

Btw, for bathroom breaks, I use this:  http://bidsniper.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm

:-D

I guess I could ask a quick stupid question:  I really like the sound of the Sextetts, and I'm guessing the Monitors will be close, but I'm not a fan of the Studios, the 501's, the 601's, or the 701/702s'.  I'm just wondering why they'd discontinue making what I consider to be their better sounding headphones?  Yeah, I know there's no real answer for that ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back