k1000 owners club
Mar 17, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #152 of 1,660
Victor, congratulations with the K1000!
k1000smile.gif
smile.gif

..and a blessing to hear that you really enjoy it.

Any more NOS K1000's available where you got them? he he

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #153 of 1,660
I'v already e-mailed them to ask if they have more
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm going to be totally non-selfish here, and probably stupid, but hell, I don't want to rip off the guys that have taught me so much and led me to these wonderfull cans...

Musikbörsen i Örebro AB
Järnvägsgatan 10
703 62 Örebro
Tele: 019-611 11 26
Fax: 019-611 63 66
orebro@musikborsen.se
www.musikborsen.se

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #154 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I look forward to that. I'm glad everyone is getting theirs and liking them

I have been busy with stuff, but am doing a review on a Qinpu 8-watt/ch 2C51 tube amp, and it drives the K1000 very well. I have a Stax SRD-7 Pro transformer connected to the amp, driving O2 Mk2 and the K1000 are hooked to the speaker out of the Transformer. I suspect a similar setup to Krmathis and his stax/K1000.

Sounds very good. But even my Single Power Square Wave XL balanced can drive these as well. I am very happy with the purchase. And, I think I got a bass-heavy version too. #1478

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #155 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm going to be totally non-selfish here, and probably stupid, but hell, I don't want to rip off the guys that have taught me so much and led me to these wonderfull cans...

Thanks!
I have just emailed them as well. Fingers crossed that they have more of them in storage...
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #156 of 1,660
Quote:

Yes I'm also first owner, its a NOS. And I am also a fan of the 'as-flat-as-possible' sound, thats why I liked the LNS and SRX-MKIII also, they sounded really good, not as good as the K1000 though, for the price I paid for this nos K1000 is was a bargain. I think I can it for my music productions, I was lacking a bit of bass impact with the LNS's, so therefore I couldn't mix on them. I tested some songs with the K1000 and it seems almost dead-on until 30hz, which is all I need tbh. I also love the fact that they are metal, and come in a nice case, and have just quality written all over them. btw what is about the recommended position of the earflaps?

Good to hear that you enjoy them
smily_headphones1.gif
I almost regret that I didn't buy them...

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I hope there are more (for the other people here who can afford them)... but they are no longer listed in the online store where the other pair was listed.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #157 of 1,660
Just imagine the next morning at that Musikborsen Orebra:

"John! John! Check this out! Apparantly we have 164 emails from people wanting to buy the AKG K1000'!"

Btw mine aren't bass shy at all, and this couldn't have to do anything with burn in, it has had less than a handfull of hours playtime.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #158 of 1,660
^ Hence why you just should have PM'ed me the contact info.
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #159 of 1,660
Actually, it's could be a bad thing, because next time they find an old high-end headphone, they might google it and realized that they shouldn't sell it in the outlet... (but probably they just didn't care and won't the next time either...)

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #160 of 1,660
Im 99% sure that I had the last one. And Kai I understand you, but remember you already have one, and there are plenty of people out there that can't afford them for the prices they are going for now, I figured by posting it here I would give everybody an equal chance, hope you understand
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #161 of 1,660
I'v received an email from Musikborsen, and unfortunetly mine was indeed the last one.

Mar 18, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #162 of 1,660
Quote:

And Kai I understand you, but remember you already have one, and there are plenty of people out there that can't afford them for the prices they are going for now, I figured by posting it here I would give everybody an equal chance, hope you understand
wink.gif

I totally understand! Just playing games with you...
wink.gif

They (Dan) replied to my email as well, letting me know that you got their last pair. Sadly, but understandable since its been 3 1/2 years since it went out of production.

K1000's show up for sale once in a while anyway, so eventually I will get my hands on a second pair... he he

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #163 of 1,660
I just got my hands on a pair of used K1000's. No. 05485... An original AKG K1000 amp was thrown into the deal. Does anyone have any solid experience with this combo?

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #164 of 1,660
I just bought a used pair from Australia and they're in outstanding condition. Only sign of use are the leather pads, otherwise you'd think they're new. Sound great when powering from an Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET.

Donald North

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #165 of 1,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a used pair from Australia and they're in outstanding condition. Only sign of use are the leather pads, otherwise you'd think they're new. Sound great when powering from an Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET.

Donald North

Should be interesting to see what amp you build to match the K1000.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back